Freedom From Atheism

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Zzap, Nov 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meridianwest

meridianwest Senior Member

[​IMG]

i'm out.

3 people like this.
  2. Zzap

Zzap Member

Well I would call 135,000 dollar penalty for each count of noncompliance to the atheist religious agenda as force.

If you dont give a shit then why did you trouble yourself to post?

Oh? for real? the invisible flying frogs? So what basis is atheism? The perpetual void?

Thats the nice thing about freedom of religion, atheists get to have theirs and Christains get to have theirs. [in a perfect world]

3. Zzap

Zzap Member

If all you have is memes rather than philosophical or some other academic arguments thats a reasonable choice.

4. Zzap

Zzap Member

but I did not use the word global in any statement that I made so I have no idea what you are talking about.

however it goes without saying that any atheist moral determinations as well as anyone elses moral determinations with respect to my previously stated position is an agenda when it includes the desire or requirement for others of different or opposite moral determinations to follow.

That is where it crosses the line and becomes political.

5. JPN2

JPN2 Supporters HipForums Supporter

Two words: unlimited power.

6. I'm not an atheist. A God I don't believe exists is any anthropomorphic God, though. I don't believe there's some fat, jovial, innocent being that only does good for everyone but everyone keeps making him cry.

Other religions? See, you seem to be establishing atheism as a religion because they act upon their morality. That isn't all a religion is. But if it is a religion, so what? You're not arguing that religion is bad. You're arguing that atheism attacks religion whilst simultaneously being a religion. Which is just silly. That's like saying firefighters shouldn't fight fires because both fires and firetrucks are sometimes red.

7. Eerily

Eerily Members

Most atheists are Christians through and through except without giving the pretense of speaking of a god. It's one thing, and difficult enough in itself at times, to reject god, but rejecting the general Christian world view is much harder being that so many people are so ensconced in it that they don't even realize they have it.

Zzap is right if he's implying a person speaking in terms of morality as universal, rather than dependent upon an individual person or society's values, is essentially religious.

An honest atheist would say that religions go against their own values, and call others with similar values to work against religions. A hypocritical atheist, simply calls religion immoral (implying it's universally so) in an attempt to get people on his side who may not share his values, but being sheep minded will be confused, even swayed, by an alternate declaration of what is universally moral.

8. .
    I disagree. There are certain things that are universally immoral, just because of what it means to be moral, and they aren't immoral just because a God says they're immoral. I don't think saying that certain things are immoral for everyone makes one religious. I don't have faith in some universal morality because I know that it's universally immoral to rape a baby to death. There is no such thing as a morally vindicated raping a baby to death. There is no subjective "This is moral for me, but immoral for everybody else." It's self-evident that certain acts are moral or immoral. Certain things do hurt others; certain things do help others.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Atheism is a trend for simple people to act out rebelliously. Atheists are lonely people who cowardly hide behind their computers and belittle believers for their faith. I know this to be true because you only hear about atheists on the Internet. I never really meet anyone who declared IRL that "I am an ATHEIST!!" but by gawd will they let you know about it with online texts. So it's hard not to feel a little sorry for them.

The funny thing about atheists is they probably have read and know much more about your chosen religion than you actually do because they have to study it to argue against it to people, because this is all they do, argue about it. What a miserable piss poor excuse for an existence yet you hold yourselves on a pedastool a lot higher than any of the believers I've ever known. You're as bad as vegetarians with your steadfast attacks on anything uncommon to your own agendas.

1 person likes this.
  10. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Actually the available evidence in reality suggests otherwise, atheism is more common among higher educated people compared to the general public.

I really am starting to think religious people have worse morality than atheists too but that's just an opinion based on observations in these threads.

4 people like this.
  11. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

For noncompliance of what? I assume you mean that was the penalty for a company breaking a law or not following a court order?

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I only come to stir you up GB. ;)

13. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Satire

noun
    1. the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.

2. a literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.

3. a literary genre comprising such compositions.

To be honest, I don't give a shyt what they say...

14. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I do not care what people chose to believe or don't. I do not start these threads, and if you feel threatened or attacked if I voice how I feel and think on these types of threads, that is on you, not me. I do not need anyone to validate what I think and feel about anything.
    In real life,I have been close to many religious people. In real life, religion and politics are not discussed, and if someone else brings it up, I change the subject and find some common ground with what we can discuss comfortably.
    With my closest people, we just respect our differences and leave it alone.
    For instance, Stan believes in God, and I don't.
    So what

1 person likes this.
  15. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

We've gone through all this before.
    In my past discussions with him It seems to me that ZZap:

Uses his own definition for religion.
    He doesn't understand what the separation of church and state means as he believe that the U.S. government is a religion.
    He believes a denial of a God or Gods is a religion.
    He believes that non belief in a religion....is a religion.
    He believes that religious folk have a right to force their religious views on others contrary to U.S. law, which he doesn't understand as he believes that government is a religion. (The Kleins)
    He believes those who want nothing to do with religion are waging a war on religion.
    He believes only those who practice a religion are moral.
    He believes all religions are always moral.

And so on.

So have fun....

16. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

^Yes, Meagain, that is where i can have a problem, when there is no separation between church and state......When religion interferes with things.....
    I always thought it should be a private matter anyway.....but there are more religious people making it everyone's business than not.

1 person likes this.
  17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

And like there aren't a plethora of atheists ready to push their business unto the religious. Come on.

I say we line up as two divides. Atheists, and a religious party. For one week we can learn to tolerate our differences while we wage war together on the one and same enemy, the atheist.

Now, these atheists are going to start to fear us! For my religion, rewards me for my personal sacrifice. I'm ready to fight and to die for my religion. And I know no atheist is will to die for their non believing beliefs, thus giving heathen the advantage on day one. Tactics.

Swords and shields! In the shield wall we stand, to defend our faiths.

18. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

^ Gott Mit Uns!

19. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

ROFL.

So religions have never tried to force their views on others? Be it through the holy inquisition or al qaeda they always fuck up your day. Even buddhist monks target religious minorities now.

And of course you can't argue with these people because it's all the will of some dude in the sky.

Murder = bad should be common sense .... no need for any holy water to be involved.

Wake up dude.

1 person likes this.
  20. Oh how glorious. Or all glory be to God...or something...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.