Pardoning The Turkey

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Moonglow181, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

really? For what? being a turkey?

One of the stupidest American traditions by the Presidency I have ever heard.....

Give me a break. I hate this holiday, and if it were not for doing what others expect of me, I would not even be making a turkey, and killing myself here these last few days to get everything done.....

yes, i am cranky, in a bad mood and tired today....

so I am bitching about it...not whining.

2. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Put a pan of water in the bottom of the oven, below the turkey and add water every hour or so. It will keep the turkey from drying out and make you look like a hero.

As for pardons, expect them to be even more outrageous as Obama leaves office. After all, Gerald Ford pardoned Nixon. Jimmy Cater pardoned Jefferson Davis of all things. And just where is this home for old turkeys after they get "pardoned"?

3. Moonglow181

Probably in the same place where yours will be one day.

thanks for tip about turkey....although, i cover mine after browning on both sides, and it is moist....if there is room in oven with many things cooking in there, I will try that tip.

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

the entire presidency is a pretty stupid tradition.

i do agree that the turkey pardon is particularly pointless though.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Happy Thanks Giving. :)

6. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

7. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

OMG, a turkey has shot down a Russian jet! No wait, that's the country Turkey.

Some years friends and I get together on Thanksgiving and we don't bother with turkey and all the trimmings. We spend the day watching football, so we have football food such as pizza, nachos, wings, bratwursts, etc. with plenty of beer and weed. Fuck tradition!

8. Moonglow181

Thank you. :)

Well, i achieved the impossible once again.... :D Cleaned the entire house in record time....with just enough time to get the rest finished before my brother arrives this evening.....but who am i kidding....every other year, i am still scrubbing when he walks in the door....lol

9. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

When George W. Bush pardoned a turkey he got something in return!

[​IMG]

10. WHAT THE FUCK DO TURKEYS NEED TO BE PARDONED FOR GODDAMN IT!!!!!!!!

11. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

I beg your pardon.

12. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

My friend just got these native american skeleton. We're going to use the bones as utensils for tomorrows feast

13. Moonglow181

Native American skeletons...omg,....lol
    Remember that nursery rhyme?

I met you at the ocean....
    I met you at the sea....
    I met you in the bathroom....

OOPS! pardon me..... :D

Everyone in the house is sleeping now, except for me....I am enjoying my efforts of labor....a shining house all festive and decorated....and most importantly...CLEAN! had the soft zen lamp going........new rug out....It is nice here now.

My brother really loves the new cat, Crusher and they spent time together in the TV room watching tv......for quite a awhile....all is quiet now. My brother went to work early this morning in NYC, so he was tired from his long day. I am tired but in a good way now, and not panicked anymore or feel like the weight of the world is on me anymore....

Just make a great meal tomorrow.....a friend will be stopping by, too, tomorrow...I may visit with the neighbors for 10 mins, as they want to meet my brother.....and it should be a good day tomorrow. I won't be up until 6 am this morning cleaning my brains out......so i feel happy and relaxed now. I did burn the tops of my hands in chlorax water, and they are red and swollen. i ran out of bleach lysol, so i was scrubbing the kitchen last night with straight clorax bleach in water not wearing any gloves.....did not know my skin would react like this....but they are better than they were earlier......won't do that again.....

it is Thanksgiving now........and all feels pretty peaceful....

1 person likes this.
  14. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Good job, Moonie!

15. Aerianne

What do you do on Canadian Thanksgiving?

16. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I find Thanksgiving to be one of the more pleasant and innocuous holidays :). No spending insane amounts of money on gifts, not too much commercialization. I don't get to see my family too often, so I enjoy an occasional excuse to do so. Although I never host the holiday, so I can see where that would be stressful and expensive. I don't eat turkey, so that are all pardoned, at least from me. Never thought much of that tradition. In fact, I forgot it existed until I read the title of this thread!

17. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

i dont think they have thanksgiving

18. Aerianne

It's a good way to kick of the holidays and to recognize the bounty in your life. Thank whomever you think is responsible for that.

19. Aerianne

They most certainly do.

20. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I agree what a dumb tradition but no dumber that the animal itself.

I used to work at an office park. One day for hours this wild turkey would hang out at the front entrance looking at itself in the reflecting glass thinking it was looking at another turkey.

If there’s any animal on earth that deserves to be beheaded, stuffed, and roasted, it’s the turkey

Hotwater