Jump to content


Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop
Photo
- - - - -

Walmart




  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear

    voice of sexy

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,215 posts

Posted November 29 2015 - 08:15 AM

Minimum wage in Oakland, CA is $12 and change.$12.29? Some pain in the accountant number.
SF (which might not have one in city limits) has a minimum wage of $15. Both include servers/tipped employees. So tipping is dropping off.

 

there's several states with minimum wage higher than $8.50, i was just pointing out that unless he lived in the one state where minimum wage was exactly $8.50, he must have been making better than minimum for where he was located.



#22 JPN2

JPN2

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationThe ninth level of hell

Posted November 29 2015 - 08:20 AM

Maryland

#23 footballalways

footballalways

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted March 19 2017 - 05:38 PM

Walmart is the worst run company on the planet.

 

I do not ever go there but I would venture to say that their "yearly profits" would dictate that they 

are indeed WELL RUN and efficient....just a guess



#24 JPN2

JPN2

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationThe ninth level of hell

Posted March 20 2017 - 04:25 PM

I do not ever go there but I would venture to say that their "yearly profits" would dictate that they 

are indeed WELL RUN and efficient....just a guess

They are no where near efficienct.



#25 penguinsfan13

penguinsfan13

    Senior Member

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,281 posts

Posted March 20 2017 - 04:29 PM

You don't need to be efficient when you run the comp out of town.

doo be doo be doo, beware of the penguins.


#26 ʈuɱɓɭiɳɠ.ƌičɛ

ʈuɱɓɭiɳɠ.ƌičɛ

    🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted March 27 2017 - 01:52 AM

Minimum wage in Oakland, CA is $12 and change.$12.29? Some pain in the accountant number.
SF (which might not have one in city limits) has a minimum wage of $15. Both include servers/tipped employees. So tipping is dropping off.

Incredible.  In 1985 I was making $2.50 an hour working at a grocery store.  (That's $5.66 adjusted for inflation.)  I bet automation will be the thing in SF in years to come.


348r02f.jpg


#27 drumminmama

drumminmama

    Super Moderator

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,550 posts
  • LocationPlanet earth, until I find a bigger playground

Posted March 27 2017 - 03:41 PM

Incredible.  In 1985 I was making $2.50 an hour working at a grocery store.  (That's $5.66 adjusted for inflation.)  I bet automation will be the thing in SF in years to come.


I was making $10.80 per hour, capped at 40 paid (but overtime expected) in Colorado, five years ago.
The good folks at Taco Bell make more now, here.
have or want long hair?
Colorado Forum

Unless I post MOD NOTE, I'm replying as a member of the community.

#28 DizzleBean

DizzleBean

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew York State

Posted May 11 2017 - 05:32 AM

I don't shop much at Walmart.. very rarely and for simple things like toilet paper and that's if I can't find it cheaper anywhere else (which is becoming rare, Walmart is getting expensive.) There are also places that will match Walmarts prices, if you ask. 95% of my groceries come from local farmers/Amish stores/my back yard/family owed butcher shops. The other 5% either some other shopping center. Walmart sales suck also. There clearance items are not really clearance either... for a few cent more I can buy new.
  • Scratched likes this




Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop