• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear

voice of sexy

• PipPipPip
  • 39,619 posts

Posted November 29 2015 - 08:15 AM

Minimum wage in Oakland, CA is $12 and change.$12.29? Some pain in the accountant number.
SF (which might not have one in city limits) has a minimum wage of $15. Both include servers/tipped employees. So tipping is dropping off.

there's several states with minimum wage higher than $8.50, i was just pointing out that unless he lived in the one state where minimum wage was exactly $8.50, he must have been making better than minimum for where he was located.

#22 JPN2

JPN2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationThe ninth level of hell

Posted November 29 2015 - 08:20 AM

Maryland

#23 footballalways

footballalways

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted March 19 2017 - 05:38 PM

Walmart is the worst run company on the planet.

I do not ever go there but I would venture to say that their "yearly profits" would dictate that they 

are indeed WELL RUN and efficient....just a guess

#24 JPN2

JPN2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationThe ninth level of hell

Posted March 20 2017 - 04:25 PM

I do not ever go there but I would venture to say that their "yearly profits" would dictate that they 

are indeed WELL RUN and efficient....just a guess

They are no where near efficienct.

#25 penguinsfan13

penguinsfan13

• PipPipPip
  • 12,544 posts

Posted March 20 2017 - 04:29 PM

You don't need to be efficient when you run the comp out of town.

doo be doo be doo, beware of the penguins.

#26 ʈuɱɓɭiɳɠ.ƌičɛ

ʈuɱɓɭiɳɠ.ƌičɛ

🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲

• PipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted March 27 2017 - 01:52 AM

Minimum wage in Oakland, CA is $12 and change.$12.29? Some pain in the accountant number.
SF (which might not have one in city limits) has a minimum wage of $15. Both include servers/tipped employees. So tipping is dropping off.

Incredible.  In 1985 I was making $2.50 an hour working at a grocery store.  (That's $5.66 adjusted for inflation.)  I bet automation will be the thing in SF in years to come.

348r02f.jpg

#27 drumminmama

drumminmama

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,816 posts
  • LocationPlanet earth, until I find a bigger playground

Posted March 27 2017 - 03:41 PM

Incredible.  In 1985 I was making $2.50 an hour working at a grocery store.  (That's $5.66 adjusted for inflation.)  I bet automation will be the thing in SF in years to come.

I was making $10.80 per hour, capped at 40 paid (but overtime expected) in Colorado, five years ago.
The good folks at Taco Bell make more now, here.
have or want long hair?
Colorado Forum

Unless I post MOD NOTE, I'm replying as a member of the community.

#28 DizzleBean

DizzleBean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationNew York State

Posted May 11 2017 - 05:32 AM

I don't shop much at Walmart.. very rarely and for simple things like toilet paper and that's if I can't find it cheaper anywhere else (which is becoming rare, Walmart is getting expensive.) There are also places that will match Walmarts prices, if you ask. 95% of my groceries come from local farmers/Amish stores/my back yard/family owed butcher shops. The other 5% either some other shopping center. Walmart sales suck also. There clearance items are not really clearance either... for a few cent more I can buy new.
  • Scratched likes this

#29 unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin

The Archaic Revival

• PipPipPip
  • 7,062 posts
  • LocationYarmouth Road

Posted July 03 2017 - 07:55 PM

Each of the Walmart children are worth around 20 billion dollars. They have a personal bunker for the apocalypse that cost tens maybe hundreds of millions to build. Yet they still feel it's not cost effective to pay a livable wage or give health care. The employees themselves actuly contribute more to that. They can volunteer a portion of their pay check to go into a fund in case another employee has a family medical emergency. The Walmart kids gave $10,000 ONE time meanwhile the employees give millions when all added up. 10,000 is nothing to them, not even what a penny is to the common man. 10,000 is not even a lot of money in the American health care system. If you are lucky it pays for one or two days in an Emergency Room.

Because they are paid so little many employees still need goverment assistance like food stamps and they are encouraged to seek it by Walmart. I wonder if all these people who bitch about the people who get that help because they are "too lazy to work" understand things like this. Walmart actuly depends on the goverment to pay its employees or give a "hand out" as those who dislike social welfare programs would call it.

They use sweat shop labor and refuse to even agree to pay those people a few more cents a day which in a third world country is much more than in America. But that amount is obviously nothing for them. Even more nothing then 10,000.

They are everything that is wrong with American greed. I got to the top and fuck you for not being there too. But they rely on the idea that no one makes you work there and if you don't get paid enough it's kind of your own fault for not being qualified. Why does the company owe you anything? Just get a better job. Why don't you start you own business smart guy? Except it's not that easy.