Anyone Here On Bandmix?

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by rjhangover, Oct 11, 2015.

1. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Are you looking for musicians to play with? This site has them in your town.

http://www.bandmix.com/browse/

Show me your profile if you're on it.

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, I got one...

Never got me anywhere though so I've ignored it for the last 6 years or so.

1 person likes this.
  3. deleted

deleted Visitor

4. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Do you have any of your songs on your profile?

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Short clips... That's all they allowed when I put them up there. Once I get back to music I'll be putting something together for another site. (even though some guy stole one of my band names...Asshole)

Bandmix sucks tbh. Might be different if you were looking for guys that want to do the whole "cover tune/bar band" thing which I have no interest in.

1 person likes this.
  6. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

I've never heard of Bandmix it doesn't sound good. I might check it out. The local CL musician ads are amusing to me. I have no interest in actually meeting most of the people but I occasionally read the posts. Things like "Two guitarists...looking for drums, bass and vocals. Songs already written. Must be available and ready to tour regionally." Ok, dude. Or sometimes I see things like "Starting a cover band. Do not reply if you can't make 80's rock sound exactly like the original radio version" I've seen that a few times.....because there are tons of 1980's drummers just waiting for something to open up. :)

Not trashing the effort but kind of chuckling at the expectations.

7. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Ha! I laugh at those ads too. That first example you listed is classic!
    Or the most ambitious sounding ads, the cats actually have no practice pad, lol

The replica 80's rock thing...what are Steel Panther auditioning in your state? LOL

1 person likes this.
  8. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

The kind of messed up thing is....I actually do know a 1980's hair band drummer who is a stud and could live up to anyone's standard. He's an awesome guy and a really good drummer that was with my band for a short run. He just wasn't right for us. (We aren't a metal or hard rock band) The kicker? He's an even better metal and hard rock guitar player...almost by accident. He doesn't do anything else. His house is completely empty of furniture upstairs. All he does is play in the studio downstairs. He was a really fun dude to work with and I see him at shows all the time. Great guy.

1 person likes this.
  9. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member