Patching Jeans

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Aerianne, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I have a pair of jeans that I needed to patch but I want the rip to still show.

I got two iron on patches and cut them to where they were like a photo and a mat, I put them sticky sides together, and ironed them to the inside of the jean leg.

That way there's no goopy stuff showing through the rip and the bigger patch adheres to the inside of the jeans.

Did that make sense?

2. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

Makes sense to me! I normally still like to add a few stitches around the edge just in case.

3. Aerianne

I'm going to embroider some little stars like this. All my stuff is in blue though. I didn't want it to stand out too much.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Aerianne

Here are mine. I'm pretty happy with them but next time I'll use a sharper needle. It was difficult to control the embroidery with the blunt embroidery needle.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  5. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

Cute! It's little stars! I love that idea.

6. Aerianne

Thank you, Matte. :)

7. Kath1

Kath1 Members

Very cool! I did the same thing with a flag a long rime ago. Cut up one of those cheap little flags they sell everywhere, Stripes on the right side and the stars on the left. I've had those jeans for a long time. Wore them to the anti-war demonstration in 2013 and got a lot of very nice compliments! I think you're on the right track. Good luck!

8. Aerianne

Thanks, Kath.

I've got a couple of those little flags. I'm sure they will make it onto some jeans.

9. Kath1

Kath1 Members

Good to hear it. It looks very cool and gets a lot of attention. Some negative, most positive!

10. Aerianne

I know. I remember when my brother got my mom to sew a big flag on the ass of his jeans back in the '60's.

11. Kath1

Kath1 Members

I had the US flag on the ass of my jeans in early 70's. I HATED the Vietnam war and that was my form of protest, Still have those jeans, I love then!

1 person likes this.
  12. Aerianne

That's a nice thing to have kept!

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You could probably sell them now for 3x what you paid. I knew this guy once that worked at a friends parents pizza wood fire shop and he would buy pairs of jeans, cheap pairs and he would tie them to the back of his car and drive around and let them fade and scuff and fray. Then he'd sell them again and no joke this guy made several hundreds in profit. I never understood it, who'd pay up to 600$ for fucked jeans??? Maybe he tapped into the gay market or something lol, he was gay.

1 person likes this.
  14. Kath1

Kath1 Members

I love them! Still fit into them, too, Didn't for awhile, Your mom sewed the flag on the ass of your brother's jeans? She must have been very cool, My mom mom hated me wearing the US flag on the ass of my jeans. I still wore then all of the time.

15. Aerianne

My mom was cool and she doted on the boys especially. They could ask for the moon and eventually get it.

16. Kath1

Kath1 Members

Very nice, Sounds like she preferred the boys. Sigh.....I can relate to that.

Good luck with those jeans! Do some creative flag things with your jeans, too. It just feels good.

17. Aerianne

I'd love for you to post a pic of your jeans with the flag on the ass!

18. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I love this thread! :2thumbsup:

Aeri, I LOVE your patch! This is definitely an idea I'll use if I get a tear in the (very) few pair of pants that fit me and I like. lol :)

1 person likes this.
  19. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

Cool beans! I have some very holey jeans...good idea!

I remember getting those hard Levis when I was a teen, they could stand up themselves! We drug them behind a car too. lol

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've always wanted to patch a denim jacket with band patches and insignia. :D ive collected patches over time but haven't found the piece that I can anchor my life to.

I am the same way with stickers tbh. Lol. I collect them too and I tend to go buy some ply as a backboard and group them together so that I can take it with me and it's bit permanent anchored to an object I may move away from in life.