What Game Did You Last Purchase?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by audrey_the_endotherm, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I just picked up Watch Dogs for the PS4, but it's for my friend (I really like it that he wanted it :D as this game is not near the top of my list but I do have an interest in it). Gonna explore Chicago tonight :-D

€15 so secondhanded of course.

2. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

i wish I waited to get watchdogs at like 15 bucks instead of 50. for 15, it's a hell of a game.

The story is decent, kind of gets slow sometimes, but the open world is really fun. the hacking is sweet, but after awhile, you feel like you're pressing one button over and over

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Just picked up Everyone Has Gone To The Rapture on sale. I am told it's not really a game but the story is good.

4. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Sounds like my kind of non game.

1 person likes this.
  5. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I liked that it was mostly one button combos. It mixed in a block button a grab button and a couple mixed combos. But I wouldn't want to memorize 20 different random combos for a game who's story is under 40 hours.

6. audrey_the_endotherm

audrey_the_endotherm Members

Well, I played more of The Order 1886, and I am happy to say that the game does get better. Once I hit chapter 9 the story really grabbed me, and kept me interested in the game. I still have issues with the mechanics of the game, but the pacing is much improved in the second half, everything just seemed to click. The ending of the game unfortunately remains unresolved, leaving many questions to be answered. It is apparent that the developers expected to create a sequel. I am guessing the odds of a sequel are slim considering the games reception.

7. Asmodean

^
    I expected as much. Will not get it myself but if I can borrow it someday I'm gonna try it (my mate I picked up Watch dogs for almost bought The order for max. price when he got his new console ((I convinced him it seems not lengthy enough to pay full price for)), I'm sure when it arrives in the bargain's bin he's still interested in it :-D)

Agreed. Not everything in this game stays interesting from start to finish but the open world is fun, the side quests I tried were fun too (I tried chess and took a psychedelic trip) and the hacking is not fantastic but often entertaining nevertheless. Story and cutscenes were ok, I guess it is just done better in other games but.. still not bad.
    I fully understand the criticism on Ubisoft where it comes to the similarities (repetitiveness) of how to get through the game and story though. If one has played the Assasins creeds, Far cry's and then get going with Watch dogs you can't help but think I am exploring this world in the same way as in all these other games, it just is designed slightly different/in a different setting. This might simply be less bothersome if you do not play all these ubisoft games in a row :p

8. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I liked the numbers mini game but the other one was painful. Started AC 2 and black flag and the first far cry. Didn't finish any of them. So I would say sleeping dogs is better.

9. Asmodean

But did you find Sleeping dogs better because of the open world and it's side stuff or because the story was captivating enough to make you finish it? I can see how it may be better storywise (although AC2 had an intriguing storyline as well imo) but overall I doubt I will have as much fun with it as Black flag (which just has a very cool open world with lots of fun things to do in it).

10. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

definitely a better story to me.
    it took me a while to get used to black flag and right about the time I did I got bioshock infinite and never went back. maybe I should. too many good games out now or in the near future. if skyrim pisses me off again its going on the shelf, I don't have time for games that I don't love with so many out there.

11. Asmodean

Yes, the time has come: I'm a happy owner of a PS4 1T and even got some games with it to play :D The 1T version was still around €400 around here (hey, just wondering what's the most common price where you guys are?), then in october or something they had the first official price drop so I expected to pay 400 euros for a console bundle with one or 2 good games. I saw a bundle with AC: Syndicate and a full game download of Watch Dogs (wasn't wating for that one but still), but with a temporary offer to get the Uncharted: Drake collection for free with it. So I got two hard copy games that I was looking forward to :)

Now, will I break my own promise and play Syndicate before Unity...? Yes, I already did (had to try it naturally) :D

12. audrey_the_endotherm

Wow congratulations, welcome to the PS4 fellowship!

The common price for a PS4 around here is $429.99 CAD. That is a bundle that usually has a game or two, and/or perhaps a 1yr subscription to PSplus.

13. Asmodean

Hmm closer than I thought! 1 canadian dollar is 1,4 euro at the moment. Yeah we have the bundle with PSPlus as well but couldn't resist this particular offer as they were both full priced games (one very new) that I actually had an interest in (unlike most other bundles that come with a game or two). If it was just AC Syndicate and (a downloadable version of) Watch dogs I might not have gotten this one! I plan to get a subscription for a year sometime soon.

14. audrey_the_endotherm

A couple of weeks ago they had an amazing bundle here in Canada. It came with Metal Gear Solid 5, and the Uncharted Collection, for $429.99. This was a great time for Canadians to jump on a PS4.

I need to renew my PSplus subscription, I've gone about 3 months without it. Although I rarely play online games.

15. Asmodean

Me too, I had the 360 before (still have it :p) for which you also needed a subscription to play online (unlike ps3) so I never bothered to even pay for the option. I am now getting interested in trying games like The Division (if it lives up to the expectations), maybe Battlefront (none of my friends seem in a hurry to get this one, but I aim to mainly play online with them :p) and of course the online mode of gta5 of which I already fully know what to expect. But I prefer to explore a game in my own pace (not the fastest :D) and emerge myself in a well thought out singleplayer experience.

Never was into Metal gear solid before but 5 seems massively entertaining (and beautiful)! I'm sure I'm gonna play that one too. Sounds like a great bundle indeed.

16. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

The basic 500 is $350usd. the 1T is $430 and is a special call of duty limited edition.

I am strongly considering the star wars limited edition but its $400. I think it would be worth the extra money as a collectable item in the future. Although I am a star wars collector so I would likely never sell it.
    Tough choice. I would prefer the Xbox but right now this deal is much better than any deal Xbox has going.

17. Asmodean

The only reason I would go for the xbone is because of the controller. Why would you prefer the new xbox above ps4? Certain games?

Yeps same numbers here in euros. The 500 gig one used to be €400.

:D Keep it then, until you notice decades later how much you can make on it.

spelling :sifone:

18. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

i payed $400 for mine in march of 2014...kind of an early adopter...now what i did do was buy an $80 2tb hard drive for it this past march...installing it is easy peazy :D

19. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

My friends are all on xbox. Only a couple that I rarely talk to anymore are on PS.

20. Asmodean

2 of my best friends also had an xbox 360. I also convinced them years ago to get red dead and call of juarez: bound in blood so we could shoot eachother up with analog guns in a western setting all day long (we do share the love for esp. spaghetti westerns). What happened: they're even less fanatic gamers than me and never played online :( One of them didn't even finish the single player modes and never got another game than those 2 :D He eventually sold it.
    So now I am aiming on my other friend who during all those time always went with the playstation (he has been a playstation guy ever since I had a N64 :p). One thing is sure: he won't get tired of gaming teehee.

There are a bunch of other guys I chill with at times who also had 360's but they're mostly into racing games (which I do find fun to do with others), call of duty and battlefield. It would be fun to be able to play online with them at times but I'm pretty sure they will stay with the xbox..
    I think it would be a great option to be able to play online with eachother regardless on which console you are. Seems technological possible... right? But I guess it would drop console sales.

Yeah, it seemed silly to go for the cheaper ps with 500 gig while you can get a hard drive twice the size for not much more if you go for a nice bundle :D But 1T should last me a long time :p