What Game Did You Last Purchase?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by audrey_the_endotherm, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Metal Groomp

Metal Groomp Members

Zelda:Majora's Mask

2. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I am in the middle of just cause 2 and borderlands 2 (and skyrim but I am gonna restart from the beginning) and none of them are holding my attention so I feel I need a new game but am super broke after just catching up on all my credit cards. actually now that I think about it I never finished ava or whatever that bitches name is on resident evil 6.
    anyway
    I want a new game that I will be riveted to but am broke. maybe I will just go back to one of them until I save some money...maybe by that time some pre-Christmas games will be out.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yeps, those ps3 exclusives are the exact reason I changed my opinion on some of those brushed up rereleases ;) And some cross platform games too, I admit :D (Dark souls 2, Sleeping dogs). I might even get the Bioshock bundle eventually so I can play the first one. But it hasn't got any priority as 2 and 3: Infinite are still fresh in my memory.

I'm saving up for the ps4 console. Should be in the house before november! :) But then I am broke and can't buy any games for it :p

4. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

The last game I bought was a 2 player version of settlers of catan. I don't really play video games.

5. Asmodean

I shouldn't start with any cool new game if I have lots of school work :-D Especially if it is intriguing but not so difficult and I keep making progress and getting new objectives (AC games come to mind... :p). In fact, I think the harder a game is the sooner I quit after one accomplishment to do what I have to do.

6. audrey_the_endotherm

audrey_the_endotherm Members

I bought 2 PS4 games today. The Order 1886 and Driveclub. I know they're considered to be a bit of a disappointment but for $12.49 each, why not?

7. Asmodean

Sounds like a good price for 2 ok games. As I understood the main or only disappointment of The Order 1886 is that it's fairly short. If you like shooters and the setting it is bound to be good fun.

8. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

im probably gonna get the nathan drake uncharted collection next...im about to finish up assassins creed 4 black flag...id stopped playing it about this time last year :D

might pick up gauntlet:slayer edition on psn tonight...$13.99

9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Im not gonna buy a new one for now. Gonna give the skyrim game one more chance. That will last me a long while if the glitches dont agrivate me enough to make me quit it again.

10. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

pre order fallout 4 :)

[​IMG]

11. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Oh yeah i forgot. I mean i remembered some good ones are coming but i forgot one of them was that.

12. Asmodean

Do you only have a list of old games you want to play :D Well, to be honest I am rarely so aware of what's out there ;) It is just that I'm on the brink of getting a new console and then you want to spend your money right of course. Especially when new games for latest gen consoles are still above €50... (or most succesful games of at least a year old still as well. But a game like AC Unity goes already for less than €30 and is also about a year old). But I actually had quite some anticipation fun checking out what's out there! Now my list is far too long. Maybe we should have a thread for upcoming releases as well before I start rambling here :p
    Anyway I may hope I can buy about 3 games from the start and can't decide with certainty which ones to get first! Witcher 3 or Fallout 4 for example.

13. audrey_the_endotherm

I think I have played enough of the Order 1886 to say this game is incredibly boring. Visually the game might be the most impressive game I have ever seen, along with tremendous sound and voice acting. The game essentially consists of 3 segments - cutscenes, walking, and shooting. Cutscenes are beautiful, but far too lengthy. Between these cutscenes are walking segments, where you just simply walk around environments at a snails pace. It's as if the developers created these tedious walking segments as a way of boasting, forcing the player to look at how beautiful they created the environments. The shooting segments are very typically for 3rd person action games. You take cover, shoot, and move forward. Take cover, shoot, and move forward. Repeat as many times as needed. Other games have done it better. I honestly don't know if I will put the disk back in my system. I am kinda interested in where the story goes, but the gameplay parts are so boring, I feel it may not be worth it.

Driveclub however, is fantastic.

14. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Audrey I heard the exact same thing about metro 2033. Had to look it up because I thought it was a sequel...or prequel. It is not. Just coincidence that they both have years in their name and look good but are not fun.

15. jerry420

yeah,
    im glad i never got it...even on sale :D

16. audrey_the_endotherm

I've never played Metro, but I am guessing it's better then The Order.

Yep, not even worth $12.49

17. jerry420

the Metro series is in my top 10 games ive played in the last 2 years

18. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Would have been for me too....I have not played 10 new games in the last 2 years.

19. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Those games are worth that. Driveclub was ok but I wish it would have been a driving simulator. I like the games that are like driving real cars where I can fine tune the tire pressure and all the other stuff most people don't care about. In Driveclub I can run into a wall at 100 MPH and there is no consequence other then being passed.

20. Asmodean

Hm now that you mention it, I did hear about the long cutscenes too. I usually am not that bothered with them if the rest is good (and the cutscenes have an actual purpose besides being a good moment to [​IMG], like really add to the story or help bring the setting more alive), but since the criticism on this game is pretty consistent I take the only thing this game does really good is looking good and excel at mediocrity :p

I like the realism and that the tuning has effect but I don't like finetuning cars myself.

Same here... :p