Clinton Or Sanders?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by skip, Sep 18, 2015.

?

Who would you prefer as Democratic Candidate for President in 2015?

1. Hillary Clinton

14 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. Bernie Sanders

62 vote(s)
    81.6%
  1. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

You're right of course. I'd bet that Hillary will hide from debating Trump until the last possible minute and then stare at her watch all through it. Just like Bush 1 did with her husband. We're watching a weird reversal of roles in this charade.

2. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Sooooo, is Biden gonna step in or not? Make up your mind, bitch!

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

hillary is not as insane as the republicans, but she represents very little, if anything, other then what they claim to. burnie does.

the clinton machine talks about business solutions, when its the business of business that has created the problems.

in another era she might have been a shoe in. if there wasn't a burnie, people would have thought she was the only choice they had.

i don't know how much the system will let any of them change once they get in. i just see burnie as a whole lot more likely pushing for an agenda that more resembles mine.

i hope they would both, either of them, beat trump. and i think it is good stratigy, to keep the other side guessing, as to which they will have to beat, right up to the final nominating vote.

4. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I would have to say Sanders.

5. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

I will vote for Sanders if Warren joins the team.

6. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Sanders. Easy there.

7. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

No thank you.
    I'd rather he sticks to his "non-negative" guns.

He's doing a good job so far with his standard, "On this, I stand on [this view]. Hillary doesn't."
    If he went on a major attack, it would undermine who he is and what he's about.... what he's been about for his entire career, spanning about a half a century.
    He doesn't go negative and he doesn't pander.

I don't know of ANY other politician with that kind of record.

I prefer a candidate who doesn't get mired in finger pointing.
    Especially when their fellow opponent is being hit by the other party so vociferously.

Instead of, "Look at the other person and the bad things they do", why not "Check out the awesome things I want to do. These other people are in different degrees of opposition to me and I believe some of those things to be bad ideas, but decide for yourself"?

1 person likes this.
  8. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Bernie tried using respect, which is infinitely better than automatically attacking a perceived threat.
    Sure, those girls ended up being assholes... but he didn't know that.
    He tried shaking hands with one of them when they first came up and started to talk.

But they screamed at him about being some white devil type of shit.

You mistake a willingness to listen with weakness.
    And you confuse immediate violence with bravery,

3 people like this.
  9. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Also... ^yeah that

10. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

I have long believed in this sentiment.
    And have felt it added a weighty amount of gravitas to the Sanders campaign.

It would be like whiny almost-evil, but-still-just-a-complete-asshole Anakin vs Yoda.
    Without sabers... only words.

"You're ugly and dress funny."

"About you're childhood, tell me."

1 person likes this.
  11. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Oh, and obviously, I voted for Sanders in this poll... and will in the primary.
    And the mother-fuckin general.

I registered to vote for the first tie in my life so that I could vote for Obama.
    This was somewhat shortly after evolving into a Dem from a Republican.
    My then girlfriend, now wife, convinced me of the need to vote.
    (You have no right to complain, if you're not voting.)

I was inspired by Obama.
    I'm happy with him as president.
    I'm disappointed in some things, but I don't expect any president to be perfect.

With Bernie Sanders, I'm even more inspired.
    There are a couple things I already know I'm at some sort of odds with him about, but nothing major.
    It boils down to a core being of a candidate.
    And Bernie pursues a fairness that is exemplary among any candidate out there.

So, yeah... I'll be voting for the only decent choice for the country.
    The most American one.
    Bernie Sanders... FTW

1 person likes this.
  12. GeorgeJetStoned

He can be as non-negative as he wants, but Hillary barely has the Clinton machine in first gear. It's still very early and she's more than willing to goad her challengers in a variety of ways. I said before I think he can take it to the current GOP jockeys, but he needs to be able to take it to Mrs. Bubba and all their creepy connections as well. Also, if there's something worth pointing out, why not?

I'd like to see the best and the worst from all of them. The whole presidential race is my super bowl, I even have a drinking game for it!

13. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Haha yeah I totally forgot about presidential race drinking games.

Back in 2008 during the republican debates I'd take a drink whenever Rudy Giuliani said 9/11 or Terrorism. I got wasted so quickly.

14. GeorgeJetStoned

I like the televised debates. I wait for them to start taking cheap shots at each other. When they take a cheap shot, so do I. Or a toke as the case might be. I call the game "Cheap Shots" and I've often done it whilst in the Hip Forums Chat Room (TM). I sat out the last one because I knew I wouldn't have a gallon of scotch or an ounce of weed.

15. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Lol... You may need a new set of rules for the Democrat debate on Oct 13th.
    Since I suspect there won't be near as many cheap shots during that debate as compared to Republican debates.

Personally, my drinking game is "turn on debate, open beer (or whatever), drink when I want a drink, laugh often."
    :lol:

16. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

First debate, tomorrow night at 8:30 Eastern! I'm tempted to record it so I can FF through the responses from the three bottom candidates who don't matter at all. Letting them have more than 50% of the total time is a waste.

17. GeorgeJetStoned

I have faith in American politics. Regardless of party, politicians who have to compete will toss out cheap shots. I think the democratic debate will be exciting. I expect Hillary to toss every cheap shot she can at Bernie. He'll counter with reality that she can't deny (though she will anyway).

But I'm with you, this is a beer affair. I had way too much scotch during the last GOP debate.

1 person likes this.
  18. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Hillary would love to debate Trump...he's an empty suit with no idea of what policy means. His ideas, like building a wall and making Mexico pay for it, are screwy as Daffy Duck. There's no way he would debate her. He won't get that far anyway.

19. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Faith in American politics....wow! Have you checked the national debt at all? The House of Reps is a circus. Cons can't even lead themselves.

The Shrill doesn't need to use cheap shots, she's ahead. The only ones that might use any cheap shots will be maybe O'Malley or Webb, to get noticed.

But the dems will try to look presidential instead of looking like a clown car.

20. GeorgeJetStoned

Absolutely, faith is faith, not worship. I'm positive that regardless of the election results we'll still have the same cronies, kooks and assholes running the show.

1 person likes this.