Incredible Edibles

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Mattekat, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. POVExdeath

POVExdeath Member

Edibles can be disappointing. You have to be very precise making the oil/butter and you also need a lot of weed to make it worthwhile. I brew beer so I'm used to having to be very precise cooking shit. For me, to make just a batch of brownies it takes 1/2oz of headies or 1oz of vaped weed. Anything less than that and I don't feel much, so dropping like a 1/4 of primo bud into them won't do much, and that can be kind of expensive. The best thing is if you have a vape you can "smoke" your weed then use the leavings for the edibles....and they're legit strong. And in doing that I never feel like I'm wasting anything or risking fresh bud.

I used to make cookies and other stuff but these days I just stick to brownies. Cookies I used to make, 1/4 of 1 would destroy my roommates. I'd eat an entire 1 to myself and I'd be fucking gone.....it can be much stronger than smoking ANY kind of bud, even dabs. And if you take a lot it can have a really intense come-up like shrooms as it just builds and builds....you constantly think you've peaked but it just keeps going. I prefer it to smoking because smoking is like....you peak and that's it. I also get visuals to some degree, my peripheral vision goes crazy. I'll focus on something and everything outside of that in my vision just twists and distorts its amazing.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Hmm. See this now has got me skeptical. I don't like others opinions sometimes. :D

I've been told to hit my vape once then burn the rest of it in my water pipe. I dunno. All sounds like too much effort. And see, I don't see the point of being sober and then slowly peaking into a high, if I plan on getting high then I want it right now, no waiting. :D I'm only interested in the edibles because I've never tried them and I've heard the highs are better and longer. One of my friends had a bad experience on weed stem chicken soup he had once. Finished the whole bowl and woke up hours later tripping the motherfuck off his face apparently. :D made for a good story though. I don't want to be waking up tripping out Iike where the fuck am I.

But I have no intention of sticking half an ounce of weed into the oven either. =\

4. POVExdeath

POVExdeath Member

I enjoy tripping "motherfuck off my face" as you put it. I've been smoking for like a decade so just sparking a bowl isn't that exciting anymore, sometimes you just want something strong to creep up on you like that. And you want to take "being high" as far as it can go and smoking more doesn't accomplish that. So to me its weed brownies or shrooms and shrooms give me bad nausea (which always guarantees a bad trip, rarely I don't get the nausea though and I can actually enjoy shrooms).

At the very least when I don't feel weak edibles they lower my threshold for smoking, if that makes any sense. Like they give me a "background high" I can barely feel, but its easier to get high/higher from smoking.

lol at the advice you were given.....vaped weed is NASTY to smoke. I'd rather smoke stems honestly, they're harsh but taste good. Vaped weed just tastes bad. You should consider vaping to be the same act as smoking but instead of ash you're left with leftover bud that's no good for smoking. If its not good for smoking, what is it good for? Yes, edibles, all the BEST edibles I've ever made were from vaped weed. Don't throw out the vaped weed just save it while lazily smoking vaping and every couple months you'll have an ounce that'll make the intense edibles I described.

And someone said that a bong is the best. I've got a 3' PHX I used to swear by but I've rethought that. A bowl is best. I have one I've been properly seasoning for 8+ years now, only headies and named strains, never mids. Plenty of hash and opium smoked in it too....it has a flavor that no bong can match. Its also efficient, doesn't clog in a bad way (clogging is the best part, resin hits are a bonus!), and packing a new bowl just means tapping it over the trash can, no changing water. Easiest to smoke bowl after bowl in, with bongs I get too lazy after the first couple. I keep cleaning the resin out of my bongs but they still clog after a couple bowls too....nothing like not getting a clean hit cause you can't fucking draw on it :(. BTW key to hitting a bowl smoothly is keeping the carb closed until you're done and you clear the chamber, noob mistake is popping it open and closed which is harsh. I full lung hit that shit every time off a modest amount of weed (like a 1 hit) and get very high.

5. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

Well irm, I definitely are that a bong is more effective than a joint. I almost never smoke joints because I feel like I am losing some weed. I also agree with you that some vapes (normally the cheaper ones) don't actually get me that stoned either. I have tried a volcano before, and a few other high end vapes, and hey did get me super stoned. I just don't have the kind of money to drop on one of those right now.

And POV, do you decarboxylate your weed before cooking with it? That might help with potency. You should look that up too irm. Defitely decarboxylate your weed before you make a firecracker.

1 person likes this.
  6. POVExdeath

POVExdeath Member

Are you serious? I just looked it up and it looks like that's why vaped weed does better than fresh in making edibles? I never knew why, thanks! It all makes sense now, I couldn't understand how the vaped weed did better even though it was supposed to have less thc since I'd vaped it?

And yea I never smoke joints, I smoked them when I was in London so I could walk the streets smoking, but other than that I consider them a waste of weed. A blunt is better. Joints also have this certain smell that parents/authorities know real well....that traditional "pot smell". When I lived with parents I used my vape and they didn't have a clue LOL.

1 person likes this.
  7. Mattekat

When you use vapes weed to make butter how much weed to butter to you put in?

8. Mattekat

Well, I made myself a little bit of mac and cheese with cannabutter today! I'm eating it now. I've been sick and have a sore throat, so I thought this would be better than smoking.

9. Mattekat

I made a new batch of cannabutter yesterday. This time I did try the water method. I'm about to go fish it out of my freezer to see if it separated properly.

10. Mattekat

I made a chocolate loaf cake with half my butter. The rest is in the freezer for later. I think I prefer the water extraction method. I did also have some particularly good trim that my grower friend left me this time too though, so that could be it.

11. chadcr01

chadcr01 Senior Member

LOL

12. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

1 person likes this.
  13. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

omg! that looked like the finest group of edibles ever!!!

I could probably eat candy and chocolate until I exploded, as long as I have something salty to toss in my mouth occasionally. I also like drinking Merlot when eating good sweets. lol

Honestly, I don't eat THAT much candy because I can't afford to constantly re-outfit myself with larger clothes. lol

I would love to get hold of some of those edibles!!! I'm very curious as to the difference between how they would make me feel as compared to my firecrackers. My firecrackers are very strong. (wouldn't waste my time otherwise ;) )

14. *Yogi*

*Yogi* Resident Racist

I finally got to try some small cup cakes brought back from CO. No matter what, all have 10mg of thc per serving less if a bar with lots of squares, one = 10mg. I smoke hash/honey oil through my vapes and really don't smoke herb unless others have it.

With that said, first time eating a 'true' controlled edible, I felt next time nothing eating one 10mg cup cake! When I take a hit off vape, I'm around 20g hit +/-, so I was waiting on nothing! Maybe a slight body buzz, but nothing like everyone else who had them were in state of.

I'm interested in the mint super mile high bar now lmfao! That looks, sounds and I'm pretty sure tastes like pure bliss!

Not posting to be a troll, but if you smoke hash only like me, you will have to step up the MG intake. Otherwise you will be disappointed imo.

15. CannbisSouL

CannbisSouL Smoke 'till you toke. Lifetime Supporter

As for the vaped weed edibles, a friend of mine makes some really strong ones. He uses a QP of vaped weed to one pound of butter. So that usually tends to average out to 3-4g of vaped weed per dose of the final product (muffin/cookie/whatever).

He puts the weed and the butter in a slow cooker with water, then lets it simmer all night. Turn it off in the morning, filter out the weed using cheesecloth/tights, and then put the water/butter mix into the fridge to cool. Give it a nice long chilling period to allow the butter to separate out and harden. Then separate butter from water and store it or cook with it right away.

The vaped weed edibles seem to be a bit less of a "fucked up" high, and a bit more of a sedative/body buzz high. Lots of the THC is vaporized at a normal vaporizer temperature, so what you are left with is a lot of other cannabinoids. But they will make for a very serious buzz. As was mentioned above as well, it could contribute to decarboxylation of THC in the weed, so whatever is left might be activated as well.

1 person likes this.
  16. Mattekat

17. *KlownF∆ce*

*KlownF∆ce* Members

The first time I had edibles was last week, I got really fucked up and I agree it's way different than the high you get from smoking.

18. Mattekat

My dealer now has weed caramels available for sale. She got them from a place in Toronto that makes edibles apparently. They are 5 bucks a pop, so I might try a couple.

1 person likes this.
  19. Scootergirl83

Scootergirl83 Members

I read an article a while back titled 'how to make cannabis oil without blowing up your house'. It was written by some Swedish doctors who wanted to help people make medicine at home easily. I have tried this and it does work very well. Although you are not able to smoke this but it is excellent for baking with. What you need is: 1 mason jar with a lid that closes tightly
    Some finely grinded up Marijuana like keef from the bottom of your bag of shake is what I used but it doesn't matter if it's shake or grinded up buds. It just needs to be torn up so it will mix good.
    You also need olive oil. Olive oil is supposed to mix really well with cannabis.
    You need 1 pot of water on the stove
    And something like cheese cloth to strain the plant matter out of the oil.
    You put the cannabis in the jar no more that 3/4 full. Then you put olive oil in the jar just until it covers the top of the cannabis.
    Then you put the lid on the jar & make sure it's tight.
    Then you put the jar in the pot of water on the stove. Make sure it isn't to much water. Then you want to get the water boiling & keep boiling with the jar in there for at least 4 hours. Watch it to make sure you don't need to add more water after a while. Then you strain the plant matter out of the oil which is now very infused with cannabis. You will definitely notice a color difference. It should look like syrup. Make sure you label this so no body accidentally uses it for syrup.
    (that happened to me when my roommate thought he should put it on his pancakes) You can use this oil for baking any recipe that uses oil. I just follow the recipe. It's really that easy!

20. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I had some gummy candy from a delivery service awhile back that I did not like which was in the same price range, $5. I felt no effects. Do make sure to inquire with regard to the dosage. I'm no expert, but I will say this: taking more than 10 mg might make you uncomfortable! Best wishes.

1 person likes this.