Incredible Edibles

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Mattekat, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

BB (my black bob-tailed cat) LOVES sucker leaves. The other year when I ventured into a little bit of growing, I discovered that. She likes that particular green a great deal more than she cares for cat-nip. Cat-nip doesn't even turn her little prissy head. lol However, if you come in the house with some big green leaves, she is chasing you down until she gets some.

I have broken down and given her some shake, just to see if she would like it or want it...oh yeah...she gets super aggressive to get and keep her green. :D

A cat after my own heart. :)

1 person likes this.
  2. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

Well she has some of the same weed she used to make the butter with still and is saving a g of that. And then we will just have to figure out how much she put in the butter and then divide total cups of butter by that. It won't necessarily have the same the content or amount broken down into fat, but I think that's the closest to a real experiment we will get.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

4. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

http://www.thecannabist.co/2014/07/07/marijuana-recipes-calculating-thc-dosage-cannabutter-canna-oils-marijuana-infused/15457

This is a great site...lots of info. I used it to figure out the strength of the last cookies I made.

First, identify the percentage of THC in the strain you’re cooking with. Catalano says on average, most strains have about 10 percent THC. Strains that have 15-20 percent THC are above average, and those with 21 percent THC or higher are exceptionally strong. If you can’t find online plant breeding information or cannabinoid lab tests for the strain, estimate at 10 percent THC.
    You are starting out with a quarter ounce of marijuana, that’s 7 grams. An eighth would be 3.5 grams.
    Every 1 gram of cannabis bud has 1,000mg of dry weight. If a strain has about 10% THC, ten percent of 1,000mg would be 100mg. So for cooking or baking at home, it is safe to assume that a gram of cannabis contains at least 100mg THC.
    Using Catalano’s dosing measurement formula, you do the math accordingly to find out how much THC per serving. Take the amount of ground marijuana, convert it to milligrams and divide it by the recipe yield to determine a per-serving dose of THC. A starting dosage for beginners is 5 milligrams per serving (the Colorado-mandated serving size for marijuana-infused edibles is 10mg THC). Three grams of ground marijuana equals 300mg THC. 300mg divided by the recipe yield, (a classic cookie recipe makes 60 cookies) equals 5mg per cookie. If you want to be even more cautious with your at-home cannabutter cooking, 1.5 grams (150mg) marijuana divided into a 60-cookie recipe will yield 2.5mg a serving.

1 person likes this.
  5. Mattekat

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Awesome!! I'll look into this. One reason I hadn't was because I read somewhere that you needed an ounce for brownies and man, fuck that just seemed like a lot of weed lol. And I wouldn't want to use that much in a recipe. I'd rather smoke it.

1 person likes this.
  7. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Agree completely with your thoughts on using that amount of weed! Thats why I fell in love with firecrackers in the beginning of my edibles partaking. :2thumbsup:

I've also pmed you with my own personal firecracker recipes. :)

8. Mattekat

I definitely don't use a whole ounce to make brownies. I use an o to make a pound of cannabutter, but this would make a few batches of brownies for me. A small 9x9 tray of brownies probably has a quarter ounce in it when I make them. I still think firecrackers are an easy intro to edibles though.

9. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

I have had firecrackers...not my fav...the taste is bad. I prefer making butter, then using the butter in recipes.

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

A friend has sent me a recipe so I'm going to print it off and try it. :)

11. Mattekat

Awesome. Let us know what you think!

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I will. :) I might try to make them on the weekend.
    My only fear is since I have a high tolerance at the moment to begin with, will it lessen the effects? I just don't want to "waste" my green really. :D I've only 3 ounces left until like April/may.

13. Mattekat

Have you eaten many edible before? If not, I doubt it will really lessen the effect. I also have a very high tolerance for smoking weed but edibles can still knock me on my ass.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Never in my life. Hehe. I'm virgin to most drugs and ways to take them. Water pipe all my life, I've never even smoked a proper joint. :D

15. Mattekat

Well then, you better make sure your day is free before you eat one ;)

16. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Oh my...a proper joint is about the best thing in the world! <3 :) Honey, you need to get a rolling machine (you can easily order them, I'm sure)...and try that. goodness gracious yessss :D

^ that especially! :D Plus, I would advise not to get impatient waiting on the firecracker to hit you and smoke while you wait...just wait that hour to 1 1/2 hours. I want you to feel that edible and have no doubt what it is you're feeling. :)

It has been 2 hours before I felt it hit me; but, when it hit, I was leaning when I walked. lol yeah, I'm loling AND its true

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've tried joints before but just nothing good I don't think lol. And not a full one to myself. There was a dark skinned fellow I saw once and he told me that the best way to smoke was a bong. Says that you don't waste your weed this way but a joint burns and it wastes weed? So him being black and a stoner I thought well this guy obviously knows his shit, lol, but also he said that bongs were the cleanest way to go about it too for the environments sake. So I just stuck with it.

I've tried the vape, a small magick box type but I wasn't impressed. And I tried and tried to be impressed but nothing could take away the full smack in the face like a "skull full of bong hits" (Cannabis Corpse song title, ripping off Cannibal Corpse a skull full of maggots)

I wouldn't mind trying the volcano type vape but don't want to waste the money on that either if vaping just doesn't work. The thing is, the more I read, the more people say vapes are better BUT if you want that full stoned feeling then bongs are your friend. Well I don't really know of any other feeling that I want other than the feeling I already know so nice just stuck to what I do.

18. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

You need to smoke a whole joint of primo bud... By yourself... In one sitting.

1 person likes this.
  19. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I want Irmi leaning when she walks like Lynn said, lol.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.