Injury Over A Tat

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by Shale, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Shale

Shale ~

I AM WORRIED ABOUT MY TATTOO.

Last Friday I bumped my shin with my bike pedal - it hurt to the point that I thot I should be bleeding. Looked down and saw no blood and forgot about it. The next day when I took a pic of my flip-flop tan lines on my feet, I noticed the injury to my leg, which is right on the tattoo of my broken bone that is over my surgery scar.

[​IMG]

Then on Tuesday Sep 8, I noticed a big red spot covering the area and my tattoo.

[​IMG]

It is still there today. Will it eventually go away? Will my fine-lined tattoo of my broken bone be visible again?

[​IMG]

Anyone else have something like this happen to a tat?

Here is what the tat looked like originally. The injury is right on the break.

[​IMG]

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

is that some sort of a blister? it looks like it's getting worse.

i haven't had any such experience, nor do i have any real knowledge of tattoos, but it seems to me that if it were ruined by a scar you could just re-tattoo it.

3. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It looks like one of those weird bruises that older skin gets. I've heard it blamed on "thin skin".

Just take care of it like you would any other laceration/bruise. I think the tat will be fine.

4. Shale

Shale ~

Yeah, that's what I am hoping. Not only is the skin old and thin but the tat was put over a scar, right on my shin. It does look like a "blood blister" only under flat skin.

5. Aerianne

I'd protect it with a band-aid until it heals. It's probably going to be extra easy to re-open if you bump it again.

6. Shale

Shale ~

I am allergic to Band-Aids and all tape glue :(

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

put some honey on it.. :)

1 person likes this.
  8. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Is the mark right on scar tissue? (It looks like it might be just coming off the scar) That might explain less bleeding. Less capillaries.

However, the photos show typical remodeling (healing processes) after a cut.

Post a pic late next week, or zip it to my inbox. I deal with weird bonks, bruises and such daily.
    (Non doctor/nurse med pro)

2 people like this.
  9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

stitch it up

10. Aerianne

Shale, are you sensitive to "Liquid Band Aid"?

11. Shale

Shale ~

Probably. I don't try too many topicals because I have become allergic to so many things. I am allergic to some cleaner that ppl put on commercial surfaces - got terrible itches and blisters by leaning on surfaces. Allergic to the glue in all tapes (less so with Durapore hypoallergenic but can't leave it on too long) I have broken out from a hand stamp that you get when you enter an event and antibiotic cream.

I carry Durapore in by backpack and little pieces of clean cloth to make bandaids while traveling. I cut the tops off of white socks to hold things in place on my arms or legs. I really believe that my broken leg may have caused these allergies that showed up after the break. I suspect that all that marrow exposed with that big break did something to my immune system, made it hyperactive. .

12. Aerianne

That probably did cause your histamines to go wacko.

It's good that you know how to make your own bandages.

I'm sensitive to tape used to dress surgical wounds with. I have to tell the hospital staff to use something different or I end up with a chemical burn in my skin that looks worse than the incision.

2 people like this.
  13. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

I'd try some honey with a sock bandage over it, if there's anything open with it now.

Something tells me that it's going to scab over at some point and drop off.

If you aren't seeing considerable improvement in a month, check your blood sugar, just in case.

14. Shale

Shale ~

A PROGRESS REPORT:
    Here is my tat a week ago, September 22, still with the big red mark over the ink.

[​IMG]

Here it is today September 30, 2015. The red has gone and the ink remains but I still can't tell if it will be distorted. Maybe one more week will show.

[​IMG]

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

My initial thought as well.