Moondog

Discussion in 'Jazz' started by thesmelloftrees, Sep 8, 2015.

1. thesmelloftrees

thesmelloftrees Member

Moondog is getting his own documentary, Its being made now but its still in kickstarter mode, maybe they are using the money as they go. I think it will be great considering it's the first of its kind and there really is nothing like this of him out there.

1 person likes this.
  2. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

Really??? THE Moondog? Sounds like a good one to me! I've been wanting to learn more about the guy, I just never find the time to do the research.

I just stumbled on a very nice documentary the other day. Something In The Water, it talks about how music was a driving force in St. Louis back in the 60's-70's. I've lived in St. Louis all 28 years of my life and didn't know any of that stuff! They talk about local bands becoming what they are today, how the local radio stations were formed, Mississippi River Festival... it's a really neat watch! Here's a link if you're interested...

https://youtu.be/CVDelcKWVUY

Keep me informed on the progress of this Moondog documentary tho! Is there a website for their kickstarter or any preview clips yet?

3. thesmelloftrees

thesmelloftrees Member

4. MaryGreen

MaryGreen Members

It would be very interesting to watch this documentary! Can't wait to see it!