Kim Davis - Unethical

Discussion in 'Ethics' started by Shale, Sep 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

True.

I just know how it feels to be in a room full of conservatives, putting down most things I believe in, and making derogatory remarks concerning all liberals (among all other groups that aren't in agreement with them). I don't think Lynn's point should be dismissed. I've been one of the worst at not just disagreeing with the ideas of a group, but going the extra step in making derogatory remarks about them.

I'm still going to criticize the christian beliefs that cause harm, but I don't think I'm accomplishing anything by pissing people off with derogatory remarks.

1 person likes this.
  2. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

Not even close to what I said...but you know that.

3. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

My understanding is that the judge told her that if she interfered directly or indirectly with her office issuing licenses....she would be back in court again (paraphrasing obviously). I don't think the linked story clarified that.

4. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I hope most people realize that we're talking about the most extreme right wingers in this case... which can approach 90% in some small communities.

One of my best friends is a liberal christian.

2 people like this.
  5. Pieceofmyheart

exactly!

6. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I think it's going to be an interesting week.

7. Pieceofmyheart

You know every member of every fundamentalist religion? wowzers!!

8. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

but if someone does force their beliefs then you should just tuck your tail in between your legs and go drive to the next county, right?
    Isn't that what you said those guys should have done?

2 people like this.
  9. Wizardofodd

Let's say I like red cars and you like blue cars. Nothing wrong with that. If you don't like red cars, you don't have to own one, ride in one or even park next to one. You can raise your kids to hate red cars if you want to. That's your right. But red cars are still just as legal as blue cars so if you happen to work in the office that issues license plates, you don't get to say I can't get plates for my car because it isn't the same color you like and I don't have to go out of my way....even a tiny bit....to accommodate your belief.

Does that sound silly? Of course. But that is exactly the same as what this whole thing with Kim Davis is about. Change a few words and it's the same shit. It would have been even sillier if you said "I can't issue issue plates for red cars because my belief in an invisible man who forbids it!" ;)

2 people like this.
  10. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

I hope so too. I just don't want to go too far, myself, and cause bad feelings for innocents.

Now if someone asks for it, that's a different story.

1 person likes this.
  11. Pieceofmyheart

Nope...never said anything bout no tail tucking. I said avoid the negative energy coming from that woman by driving a few miles to avoid her.

12. Pieceofmyheart

again...not even close

Making up silly analogies that would never happen.

People are giving this hateful woman way too much power over their psyche and their lives. This couple can get married and could have gone elsewhere and drove by the courthouse and shot her the bird.

13. Shale

Shale ~

I told myself I was going to quit responding to your inane posts because despite being a member of this forum board you act like a troll.

However, to answer this facetious question you posed:

if you remain a Southern Baptist with all the shit that they are publicly famous for then I don't need to know you personally - you are somehow fucked up in the head.

If you are a member of the Westboro Baptist Church - I don't need to know how you are related to the other Phelps, you are definitely fucked up in the head.

IDK what fundamentalist Evangelical Group of christian sect that Kim Davis belongs to much less do I know all the members but by her irrational, illegal actions she is fucked up in the head and her supporters I've seen in the streets (Including Mike Huckabee) are fucked up in the head.

14. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

so Rosa should have given up her seat or got off the bus and waited for another one to avoid "negative energy" if we adhere to your logic.

sorry, but you have painted yourself into a corner here, no real way out of it now except to admit you are wrong.

2 people like this.
  15. Wizardofodd

How is it even slightly different?

1 person likes this.
  16. Pieceofmyheart

I am no troll, just do not buy into this shit.

I am not now nor have I ever been a Southern Baptist or a member of the WBC.

Shale...hate to break it to you...but those people think gays are fucked up in the head.

And you are going to call me names and my posts inane because I think this woman is a huge non issue.

boy oh boy....

17. Pieceofmyheart

One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. Nothing.

18. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Kim Davis is a non-issue
    the discrimination isn't

1 person likes this.
  19. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

you fail to recognize that this is about discrimination, NOT gay marriage, so in that light it is very on point.

20. Pieceofmyheart

And this entire thread is about her!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.