Kim Davis - Unethical

Discussion in 'Ethics' started by Shale, Sep 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shale

Shale ~

Kim Davis Bigoted Hypocrite & Fraud
    By Shale
    September 6, 2015

SUNDAY SCHOOL

Today is Sunday so let's take a moment to study the Holy Bible. I usually spell it with a Southern accent "Buybull," since that is the accent usually heard by ignorant, backwater rubes thumping it and yelling all sorts of lies and fabrications that are not in there.

As anti-gay bigot Kim Davis' 4th husband has reported to the news, she is in the slammer reading her bible. Here are a few verses she should peruse.
    First off, since she has the time, she can look thru all the gospels for exactly what Jesus said condemning homosexuals. (Here's a hint - it ain't in there. I just wanted her to read the damn book, apparently for the first time ever).

Davis claims that it would violate her religious beliefs to do her job as Court Clerk of Rowan County Kentucky to issue marriage licenses to same-gender couples in violation of the U.S. Supreme Court decision that it is unconstitutional to discriminate against those couples. So, she kept refusing to do her job and prevented staff under her from doing their job while the legal system dragged its feet to enforce the law. Finally on Thursday Sept. 3, she was put in jail for contempt of court for not following a federal judge's order to do her damn job as the law required.

That is the legal side of the story, but I think Kim should actually read her Buybull and see what Jesus said about marriage. While he did not say anything about homosexual marriage he did say something about divorce, a subject all too familiar to Kim Davis, hypocrite and apparently fraud. Ya see, Kim is an adulterer both in the biblical sense and literal as well. I'll let Jesus take the keys:

Jesus on Divorce
    Matthew 19:8-9
    (8) He said to them, "Because of your hardness of heart Moses permitted you to divorce your wives; but from the beginning it has not been this way." (9) "And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery."

OK, Jesus apparently was talking to men - maybe women could not divorce their husbands back then but Kim is very familiar with divorce and real adultery. This self-righteous Christian has had 3 divorces and currently on her 4th husband. She was pregnant by her future third husband while still married to her first husband. Her second husband adopted her bastard children, then they got divorced and she married her third husband, her bastards' biological father. Then she divorced him and remarried her second husband, the bastards' adoptive father. That is more confusing than all those begats in Genesis and this is just one adulterous woman. (Kim's apologist point out that during this time of her life she was not a Born Again Christian but merely a sinning, adulterous Baptist. Now she is the self-righteous arbiter of marriage in Rowan County KY)

In her position as Clerk of Courts, she is obligated to provide marriage licenses to qualified ppl, which includes same-gender couples as of June 26, 2015. However Kim Davis said this violates her newfound religious convictions (which makes me wonder, does she also provide divorce documents? What would Jesus say to that?)

This is not a dilemma to many of us. I'm a vegetarian, so I would not be working in a slaughterhouse killing animals and cutting them up. I could see a vegetarian as a clerk in said slaughterhouse - as long as they were not getting blood on their hands. But, if being indirectly involved in something that went against your spiritual beliefs, the best solution is to resign. But, Kim did not want to give up her cushy $80K salary so she refused to resign and as an elected official she cannot be easily fired. (Impeachment in Buybull Belt state Kentucky would be political suicide for anyone wanting to do the right thing).

Here is the problem tho. She took an oath for that cushy government job, in part swearing:

"I Kim Davis, do swear that I will well and truly discharge the duties of the Office of Rowan County Circuit Court clerk, ... and that I will not knowingly or willingly commit any malfeasance of office, and will faithfully execute the duties of my office without favor, affection or partiality, so help me God."

Since the Supreme Court decision tho, Kim wants to ignore her oath that she took, so help her God. Clearly violated that "malfeasance" part which is conduct by a public official that cannot be legally justified or that conflicts with the law. Also that "without favor or partiality," means she should not be discriminating against homosexuals.

However, that is another legal matter, let's check in on the Buybull.

Respecting Oaths
    Deuteronomy 23:21-23
    (21) If you make a vow to the Lord your God, you shall not delay fulfilling it, for the Lord your God will surely require it of you, and you will be guilty of sin. (22) But if you refrain from vowing, you will not be guilty of sin. (23) You shall be careful to do what has passed your lips, for you have voluntarily vowed to the Lord your God what you have promised with your mouth.

So, Kim sees herself as sinning if she gives marriage licenses to same-gender couples even tho the Buybull doesn't say a thing about that, but neglects her real sin of squelching on an oath sworn to the Lord her God. She picks and chooses Buybull verses like she picks and chooses husbands.

She even refused to adhere to the law when a federal judge ordered her to do her damn job. I suppose she only takes orders from a higher authority (altho she appealed that judge's order to the same U.S. Supreme Court that made the ruling not to discriminate in giving out marriage licenses. I'm sure they had a good laugh before saying "NO WAY!"

But that is a legal matter, here is what the Buybull has to say about it.

Submission to Governing Authorities
    Romans 13:1-2
    (1) Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. (2) Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

Good Lord Kim! You shoulda just given out the marriage licenses, which is only your personal bigoted idea of sinning instead of doing three other things that are 'splained in the Book as real sins for which you will have to answer.

9 people like this.
  2. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

I live a little over an hour from Rowan Co. I was expecting a lot more people from across the state to side with her (why I'm not looking at Facebook until this crap blows over). Although a good percentage in ky do side with her, it's amazing how many people where I live are actually saying that she needs to do her job, or step down. I'm surprised, and happy.

1 person likes this.
  3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

All she has to do is resign from the government of the Whore of Babylon, which must be against her religion to serve anyway, I don't get it.

I do believe these people believe logic is the construct of the devil.

6 people like this.
  4. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Well now that you have delivered the sermon to the choir Shale, have you or are you going to post/publish someplace where it may actually make an impact?
    You are spot on and it would be a shame if the only ones to see this are sinning hippies.

5. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

6. Shale

Shale ~

I used to get published a lot in print last century but only online now.

This is posted on my facebook timeline but again limited to my friends, which are not known to me as bigots (Other than my Mississippi family members).

I just posted it as a comment on Ky Atty General Jack Conway's FB page.
    https://www.************/kyagconway?fref=ts

You should go there and read the comments of the low brow ppl in his state after he made a one-sentence announcement that the law must be upheld.

Statement from Attorney General Conway:
    "I understand that passions are high on both sides of this issue, but we are a nation of laws, and no one can defy an order from a federal judge."

These backwater rubes in the South are beyond ignorant. I even prefaced this screed with a comment about you cannot ignore equal rights legistation no matter how bigoted you are. It did not work with racial integration laws, which I am sure the same bigots objected to in the '60s.

7. Shale

Shale ~

8. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I can't imagine having the patience to seriously debate with people who think all you need to know about current issues is what your local redneck preacher says the biiiiible has to say about them.

1 person likes this.
  9. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

[​IMG]

10. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Two items of recent news relate to your post: Ms. Davis has petitioned the state governor to let her out of jail; and (2) a Muslim flight attendant has claimed religious liberty protection for her refusal to serve alcohol to passengers. I doubt that either party will be successful, and I hope neither of them are. I don't see how the governor can legally help Ms. Davis, since she is not in jail for a crime but is being held for civil contempt of a court order. An attempt by the governor to intervene would amount to a clear violation of separation of powers between the executive and judicial branches of government. Her lawyer is claiming that the state is failing to provide reasonable accommodation of her religious beliefs. That seems to be the case, since the law requires that marriage licenses be issued in the clerk's rather than the state's name, and the legislature and governor could change that--in which case, Ms. Davis would have no problem allowing the licenses to be issued by her office. However, I doubt that a court would be willing to order such an action, since it would be an overstep of the judiciary into the turf of the other branches. In the case of the Muslim flight attendant, it's possible that the airline could figure out a reasonable accommodation--for example, letting another flight attendant serve the drinks. It seems to me, though, that we're on a slippery slope when we allow individuals to refuse to perform their job duties because of their subjective ideas about what God wants. Ms. Davis could resign. The flight attendant could find another line of work. Especially in the case of a government official's decision to perform a clear statutory duty involving other people's rights, her religious beliefs can't be allowed to affect other people's rights.

4 people like this.
  11. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Fuck that. Don't do your job, don't expect a paycheck. It's just that simple.

These people seem to want to live in a theocracy, but that isn't reality.

3 people like this.
  12. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

The only time I even care to engage people like that is just to make them look like idiots....which isn't often because most of the time, the humor in calling them out isn't worth the aggravation of actually having to stand there and listen to the stupidity to begin with.

As for Kim Davis....let her rot in jail for all I care. She obviously doesn't have a very firm grasp of the legal system. And the state isn't going to do anything to get her released because she's in jail on a federal judges order. Maybe she should pray that god intervenes and personally releases her.....or maybe she should accept that this is gods will and stop trying to screw up the divine plan by continuing to appeal to the state and/or courts.

2 people like this.
  13. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

Please do not lump all Christians or people who do read the bible together....that would be like saying all gay people are the same, same morals, same likes and dislikes, they all read the same books and interpret them the same way. eh?

The couples could have drive a few miles to another county....but it's better to make a big stink about this for media and all. pppfffttt

It sure takes away from real issues concerning our country.

1 person likes this.
  14. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

And if you are going to quote the bible Shale...at least get it right. It may not condemn homosexual marriage...but it most certainly does condemn homosexuality. But...if one isn't Christian, that really doesn't matter anyway. I am not stating my beliefs here, btw.

• Leviticus 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1
    • Leviticus 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them."
    • 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
    • Romans 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

If you are interested in what certain Christians feel about it:https://carm.org/bible-homosexuality

And, they have the right to condemn homosexuality...the same right you have to do it. Basically....you are all steppin' on each other's beliefs and rights. If gay people want to be accepted, they need to accept other's beliefs as well.

So, what is the best way to fix that?

15. Wizardofodd

Kind of like when the black people had to accept the KKKs beliefs in exchange for being able to vote and be counted as more than 3/5ths of a human being?

You can play that card if you want to but it's the same useless card that Kim's backwoods hillbilly 4th husband is playing and it's really unbecoming and easy to shut down.

2 people like this.
  16. Wizardofodd

You have the right to believe whatever you want. You don't have the right to force those beliefs on others or negatively impact their lives in any way with what you believe.

It's really that simple.

3 people like this.
  17. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I don't think anybody is doing that here.

It's really not possible to grow up in the South without hearing a ton of that shit.

Their beliefs are for them, not for everybody who has no interest in their religion to deal with. The biggest problem with all the fundamentalist religions is that they believe god gave them instructions that are for all people, not just believers. So, they feel like they're doing us a favor to take away our freedom.

2 people like this.
  18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

That is NOT what Corinthians 6 says, the passage is:

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind"

And thats in the KJV after several rewrites

The word homosexual didnt exist till the 19th century

1 person likes this.
  19. Shale

Shale ~

You just do not understand. This is a REAL issue concerning our country.

The law since June 26. 2015 says that same-gender couples can now marry the same as heterosexual couples, based on the 14th Amendment of Eqaual Access.

It did not say drive around to find a sympathetic court clerk to issue a license if the clerk in your county was a misguided, christian bigot illegally pushing her religious beliefs on you.

Do you think the Lovings in the 1960s were making a big stink for media and all because they wanted to live in their home state of Virginia as a married interracial couple? They could not get married in Virginia so they went to Washington DC and got married. However, they broke the law by going home to Virginia where blacks & whites could not be married. That did cause a big stink that the U.S. Supremes resolved on June 12, 1967 by saying all those laws in the backwater states (including Kentucky) against miscegenation were unconstitutional, just like they did with the current decision for equality.

5 people like this.
  20. Shale

Shale ~

(1)
    I selected 3 quotes from the Buybull that countered the erroneous beliefs of a fundamentalist nutcase. I made reference to the GOSPELS (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John) that JESUS never mentioned anything about homosexuals. What you have pointed out is the well-known inconsistencies and contradictions contained in that rambling bunch of bronze age tales.

My biggest complaints against "Christians" is that they are actually "Paulists" (or Puritans). They quote things written by Paul who was busy proselytizing his new religion among Greeks & Romans. Again, his letters were for specific legal concerns amongst early Christians and has nothing to do with the modern secular world - except Christians in the West are constantly trying to impose this bullshit onto others.

(2)
    Yes, ignorant bigots do have the right to condemn homosexuals in the U.S. - even stupid, indecorous speech is protected by the First Amendment. However, they do not have a right to harm or discriminate against homosexuals because of their misguided beliefs, as this asswipe Kim Davis was doing.

The best way to fix this is for ignorant religious bigots to respect the equal rights of other ppl, even those they consider immoral sinners, because that is just their fallacious belief that has nothing to do with reality.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.