Meditating On The 7 Seven Chakras With Essential Oils

Discussion in 'Yoga and Meditation' started by pattymary, Sep 5, 2015.

1. pattymary

pattymary Member

I found a nice way to start to meditate by opening the chakras and concentrating on them one after another, I am smelling the essential oil connected with each chakra, this enables me to breathe deeply and calm me down until I can feel all the different chakras, this can put me in the right condition for any spiritual work..
    Each chakra has one or several essential oils you can breathe that is in harmony with it..It is very inspirating, and enjoyable!!At the same time, I put in front of me with the essential oils coloured pictures of all the chakras to locate them better and to try to feel them ..
    I want to share this exercice, cause it is a very helpful and enjoyable, and relaxing one!

5 people like this.
  2. Backchat

Backchat Supporter HipForums Supporter

Thanks for sharing how you meditate on your chakras , I similarly practiced chakra meditation when I first started learning about meditation 30 years ago. I used a chakra mandala meditation by looking at each mandala associated with each specific chakra, much the same way you are using essential oils as a means to focus your attention on your chakras.
    I managed to reach a stage in my meditation where I could feel and visualise the swirling energy vortexes associated with each chakra. Feeling and visualising the swirling energy vortexes associated with each chakra proved to be a very beautiful experience in chakra meditation for me.

2 people like this.
  3. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

That's very interesting.

I currently try to practice vipassana meditation, but I've read about a little Chakra meditation, and I thought about going to kundalini yoga classes recently, a couple of times. Do you need to take formal classes to learn chakra meditation?

1 person likes this.
  4. expanse

I've run out of likes for the day.

5. Backchat

Backchat Supporter HipForums Supporter

No you don't need to take formal classes in chakra meditation. I have a book called Kundalini Awakening A Gentle Guide to Chakra Activation and Spiritual Growth written by John Selby. I bought this book in 1992 and I can recommend it for you. This is a very good book for beginners as the technique used is a safe controlled way to raise the Kundalini and experience a wonderful state of blissfulness. I'm sure this book must still be available on the web.

1 person likes this.
  6. expanse

Thank you very much! I will look it up.

1 person likes this.
  7. FelictyS

FelictyS Members

This sounds awesome! I'm definitely going to try this out :)

8. KathyRB13

KathyRB13 Members

I'm after you felicty. Me too. I'm also going to have this with my sis.

9. pattymary

pattymary Member

great answers !!!

10. purpledaze

purpledaze Members

I'm definitely gonna try this!! I'm new to meditating but so far I've meditated with crystals, specifcally green for my heart chakra

11. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

which is best scent for first chakra? and do you use the mantras? or just mudras and not to be a jerk but same question for sahasrashirsha