Funeral Service For Fluffy.

Discussion in 'Paganism' started by Jimbee68, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

This may sound weird, but I sometimes think of my dearly-departed cat Fluffy. He was so cute. Vain and selfish--but in a cute sort of way. And he hated dogs with a vengeance.

Anyways, he died in 1999, very suddenly. I didn't witness the event myself. But my father said he had him on his lap. Then he let out a cry, fell to the floor and simply died. Most likely he had a heart attack, I guess. He was already getting rather old.

He loved humans and he loved life. And I guess I can tell you. I felt a little guilty too, because our other cat was bullying him a lot. But we kept the cats in the same area of the house. So there wasn't too much we could do about it.

Anyways, I always thought about having a kind of funeral service for Fluffy. But I don't think he was Christian, like the rest of my family. Actually, as strange as it may sound, I always thought it was closer to pagan, since he was a cat. Makes sense to me, at least.

I should tell you too, I am only half-serious about this. But I was wondering, are there any pagans I could contact, that would be glad to hold a service for Fluffy, hopefully for free? FWIW, I live in metro-Detroit.

As I said, I am only half-serious about his idea. But I do think about it from time to time, though.

:daisy: :alien: :daisy:

1 person likes this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Just to get this clear in my mind... He died in 1999 and you want a funeral now?

1 person likes this.
  3. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

I like this idea. I still think of my cat Dusty, who passed away over Christmas. I wasn't there, I was in Indonesia on my honeymoon.

I should hold a funeral for her one day.

1 person likes this.
  4. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

Just to answer your question, well you know a lot has changed since 1999 :) . For one thing, the internet wasn't in wide use then, certainly not where I live in any event.

Yeah, it has been a while. And I have been thinking about this for some time, of course.

It's just, Fluffy was such a unique cat, he literally left a hole in my heart that still hasn't filled.

It may sound corny. But when my father called me to the basement (where Fluffy died), after he had his heart attack, they had just finished playing "I Still Believe" by Mariah Carey on VH-1. And I still think of Fluffy every time I hear that song. Will I ever see him again? I don't believe in an afterlife per se, but I still sometimes wonder :alien: .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAZG2duVte4

5. Ashalicious

Do you have any pics you can post of fluffy??? I'll post one of Dust tomorrow.

6. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

1 person likes this.
  7. Ashalicious

2 people like this.
  8. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Nice kitties. I've had many and I remember them all and what their little personalities were like.

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

small souls
    real souls.

we should be so blessed when our own time comes.

1 person likes this.