If Marijuana Wasn't Illegal Would Paranoia Still Be A Side Effect?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Jennifer19, Sep 3, 2015.

1. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

All I'm saying is that what I said about CBD being non-psychoactive seems to be true on truthonpot.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It doesn't here :)

3. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

It's all in your head! Paranoia....some people can control it, and some can't.

4. Asmodean

^
    Stop following me.

5. Pieceofmyheart

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

but nobody ever said anything about CBD being psychoactive, which it is by the way other wise it would provide no effects at all.
    a substance does not have to induce a drastically altered state of awareness in order to be classified as "psychoactive".
    actually in the video they do mention the differing effects between THC and CBD. I have also seen and read of similar studies done in the U.S. and all arrived at the same conclusion; THC alone has a very high percentage chance of inducing a rather unpleasant experience but when combined with CBD and other cannabinoids the negative psychological effects are balanced out.

plus as Skip pointed out, the cited research only focused on CBD and THC when there are many other cannabinoids present, so it incomplete in that respect as well.

7. Pieceofmyheart

If one has the tendency to get paranoid when smoking and you can't control it, don't smoke. I know the feeling ya'll are talking about, happened to me a few times, as well as anxiety over other things.

Take some deep breaths, tell yourself you are fine and if that doesn't work...then I don't know what to tell ya. Slap yourself across the face or something, and tell yourself to get a grip. You have control, it's YOUR brain, YOUR body...control it.

1 person likes this.
  8. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

It's non-psychoactive. That much is said on the label of products that contain it, as in the example above. That doesn't necessarily mean it has no effect. It could be that it only has anti-inflammatory properties, as I suspect. I was treating sciatica with CBD and it works as a pain medicine, but it doesn't feel like one. Doesn't feel like anything is what I'm trying to say.

9. *Yogi*

*Yogi* Resident Racist

If anxiety and panic set in along with paranoia, that some good bud!

It's a natural reaction imo because there always a person fixated on a bad high, trip, etc. If you don't go in clear and calm, chances are greater for the person to feel something 'not right. I smoke all day, every day only when I get real good stuff I can tell!

1 person likes this.
  10. POVExdeath

POVExdeath Member

When I was in CO I noticed this kind of effect, just being there and knowing what I was doing was legal made me feel better about it. Especially being high in public, which I have trouble with back home. I'd say being there helped resolve 80% of the paranoia I had before....because even though its still illegal here at home I get a different feel when I smoke now. Like its becoming acceptable in mainstream society.

I felt kinda like that in Amsterdam but the feeling didn't persist when I got back home. It was just a trip being somewhere in the US and it being legal.

Anxiety is because people don't understand weed. They think it just gets them stoned, and gives them the munchies/puts them to sleep. Weed to me is a stimulant, depressant, and hallucinogen all in one. The "anxiety" is just the *high* part of the experience and has a stimulant effect, to me it reminds me of an adrenaline rush. You have to be prepared for it to be like that, and willing to enjoy it, to not feel anxiety. Don't interpret what you're feeling as anxiety, understand it for what it is and go along with it. A while after smoking is when you get "stoned" which is the depressant effect of it, which is the stereotypical effect of weed. There's also a mild hallucinogenic effect that you typically can't achieve smoking, you really need strong edibles for it.

I mostly hear the anxiety thing from older stoners, esp ones who smoked in the 70s/80s and are trying the new strains today. I've heard from them that back then weed would just get you stoned, not so much of the "high" like you get from the fire shit we have these days. So when they smoke now they're not ready for the high and just expect the mellow stone.

11. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

No.

Had to stop smoking due to intense rushes of paranoia and anxiety whenever i smoked. It was never once connected to fears that I might be arrested or prosecuted or the belief that what I was doing was wrong.

12. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

Well it's been legal here for a few years now, and I've smoked thousands of times, and seen hundreds of others of smoke in a completely legal environment.

What's changed now, is people know what they're smoking, they know the strain name, it's primary effects, and even cannabinoid percentages before even lighting up.

Paranoia CAN be a real effect, weed isn't as simple as indica and sativa. There's literally hundreds of cannabinoid thats reflect and exhibit different effects. (Shrooms are similar too, thousands of species of psychedelic shrooms)

The thing is, when you have a choice, why would you choose to be paranoid? Some people like that, so they still exist. But I'd rather chill the night out with a heavy indica, or a nice CBD day strain

13. Asmodean

One other reason that it isn't as simple as indica and sativa is that (at least here in the netherlands) all strains are generally a hybrid of indica and sativa. Although they focussed on bringing out certain characteristics of india or sativa in a certain strain, so it is still handy to know what tendency a strain has, when it is sold here as a 100% pure indica or sativa you know you gotta be weary :p

14. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I live in Oregon where it is legal and it still gets me paranoid sometimes, but at least now I don't get paranoid about getting busted.

15. Bud D

Bud D Member

I'm a paranoid personality although enough weed chills me out. It's like asking if legal LSD would make you paranoid. Honestly it depends on my threat radar. I'd get paranoid just liking a girl, let alone doing drugs with one. I am much better at being high alone. If I trip and freak out, it's easy to ride out alone. I feel I have to watch out for other people and enjoy being alone high or tripping....it's just a simpler situation and I like things to be simple.