Headliners

Discussion in 'Games and Contests' started by Moonglow181, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Small plane goes down in CT yesterday. I had heard nothing of it, until someone told me....so I search all over the net looking for the story......as my friend told me their were explosives the small plane was carrying.....two men were on board...One is critical...I look and cannot find anything. She tells me the article disappeared.....I did find something about it finally that said it was turned over to the FBI.

2. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Unfortunately the American Media machine has as much power as any group in Washington D.C.
    They will really flip when the election is over.
    There will be a power redistribution so catastrophic that two of our news outlets will probably be finished.
    Along with many other shady agencies, pundits and offshore bank accounts.
    The truth hurts, and it's going to be a bitch on 1/17/17.
    It may be a wild day, or a grim day. God only knows what silliness will happen. I'm guessing the Trilateral Commission will hold an emergency meeting too.

3. Moonglow181

Most inspirational speech....I wish I could find the entire thing.....I will still look for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkfbG9OkiPM

4. Moonglow181

What next?

Shooting at Ft. Lauderdale airport...people dead. Someone else can make a main topic about it. I don't want to.

5. Moonglow181

A German Shepherd female won the Westminister dog show last night. She was magnificent. I was happy she won, but sad for the others....I even loved the little Pekinese in the final line up this time. It was 30 years ago a Shepherd won....so yay, for her.

1 person likes this.
  6. Moonglow181

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7ne68-9NpM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyWzodi1hnA

1 person likes this.
  7. Moonglow181

Was greeted with this news in my emails today by someone who happened to walk by the aftermath of the scene with many cop cars around and hundreds of people taking photos with their cell phones yesterday....Person I heard from was upset and could not understand what type of person would want to take photos of this and called it unacceptable.Ray Bradbury wrote a story about the crowd that just shows up at any horrific scene and is right there right away...so the crowd in the story is the monster. I don't understand what kind of cheap thrill anyone gets out of something like this, either...I am glad I was not anywhere near there to see....:(

So sad.....

link to story from New York Post today..

"

Investor burned by Bernie Madoff jumps to death from Manhattan hotel"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/investor-burned-bernie-madoff-jumps-131123289.html

8. Moonglow181

This headline story 46 dogs rescued from Korean prisons with unthinkable conditions waiting for their slaughter was heartwarming to an extent for me....I was sad thinking about the unlucky ones who were not rescued, though...but at least, some people are out there doing something....I don't understand some people in this world anymore...:(...

46 dogs, saved from slaughter in South Korea, sent to shelters in NY, MD, PA

http://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/46-dogs-saved-from-slaughter-in-south-korea-heading-to-shelters-in-ny-md-pa

9. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

'You Carry On, We Carry Off'

The new Savage United Airlines

~huffpost~

10. Moonglow181

YAY!

Bill O'Reilly is OUSTED!

1 person likes this.
  11. Moonglow181

In my news today. I just got back from the vets.....Winnie pug has lyme's disease and another tick born disease. She will be on doxy for 3 weeks...and is probably the reason why she is limping horribly, lately......If she still is limping after a week of doxy, bring her back for x-rays...

Moxy, mom pug.....we ran out of needles to inject her with insulin last night. I was lax in seeing if there were more in the container...my fault...I really thought there were more in that container....that won't happen again.....so she went without insulin for 22 hours...was throwing up....not eating....looked very sick...I did give her insulin this morning after getting more needles...He insulin levels are fine...but she has a fever of 104.....is very sick and they do not know with what...so if she still does not eat tonight...pass on the insulin shot tonight and bring her back in the morning for more tests.....her white cell count is high.....They hydrated her and injected her with an antibiotic. She is worrying me now....She is 8 years old.

In general news....we have a serious tick epidemic this year in this region of the country.

Moxy was clear of any tick diseases...so she doesn't have that.

12. Moonglow181

From Daily News today.

"
    Psychologists have a duty to warn the country about Trump: We can no longer pretend that he is stable

BY John Gartner

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Friday, May 12, 2017, 2:20 PM

Tweet 
    email 

Not right
    (Carlo Allegri/REUTERS)

If you knew there was a bomb on an airplane, what ethical principle could compel you to remain silent?

See something. Say something.

What if that bomb was in the White House and its name was Donald Trump? Mental health professionals have the skills, experience and training to evaluate both the sanity and dangerousness of this unprecedented President.

Yet the American Psychiatric Association has forcefully tried to stop us from doing our patriotic duty, by gagging us with an obscure ethical footnote, called the Goldwater Rule, that forbids the diagnosis of public figures.

President Trump exhibits classic signs of mental illness: shrinks

In most cases, I would agree that psychiatric diagnosis is not a parlor game for celebrity gossip columns. But it is also in the ethical code of every mental health profession, and the law in all but a handful of states, that we must warn a potential victim of violence or harm, even if that requires us to violate the sacred principle of patient confidentiality.

How much greater an ethical burden must we carry if the potential victims are in the millions, and the risk is to both to their lives and our way of life? As we learned in the 1930s, silence is a sin when a dangerously disturbed leader is on the rise.

Defying the APA, and risking the loss of the licenses that allow them to practice their profession, 55,000 people have signed our petition for mental health professionals stating that Donald Trump is mentally ill and must be removed under the 25th Amendment.

Much has been written about Trump having Narcissistic Personality Disorder. But as critics have pointed out, merely saying a leader is narcissistic is hardly disqualifying. But Trump, I believe, suffers from a severe version, called malignant narcissism, which, like a malignant tumor, is deadly to the healthy cells around it.

Basic ‘lizard brain’ psychology can explain the rise of Trump

The diagnosis was first introduced by the famous analyst Erich Fromm, a refugee from Nazi Germany, to explain the psychology of Hitler. Malignant narcissism combines narcissism with paranoia, anti-social personality, and sadism.

34 photos view gallery
    Donald Trump in the White House
    Trump’s dozens of bizarre conspiracy theories, his false sense of victimization and his demonization of the press, minorities and anyone who opposes him is textbook paranoia. Trump’s “repeated lying,” “disregard for and violation of the rights of others” (Trump University fraud and multiple sexual assaults) and “lack of remorse” meet diagnostic criteria for Anti-Social Personality.

And, like most sadists, Trump has been a bully since childhood, and his thousands of vicious tweets make him perhaps the most prolific cyberbully in history.

In “The Heart of Man,” Fromm argues that malignant narcissism “lies on the borderline between sanity and insanity.”

KING: Trump isn't turning into a nightmare — he's always been one

Does Trump ever go over the border? If you took his words literally, you would have no choice but to conclude that he is psychotic. A delusion is “a fixed false belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact.” Despite all evidence to the contrary, Trump asserts that he was tapped by Obama (apparently James Comey concluded Trump was “crazy” when Trump tweeted that) and had the biggest inauguration crowd size in history — classic persecutory and grandiose delusions.

Is it all for effect, to rile up his base, deflect blame and distract from his shortcomings, or does Trump really believe the insane things he says?

It’s often hard to know because as Harvard psychoanalyst Lance Dodes put it, Trump tells two kinds of lies: The ones he tells others and those he tells himself: “He lies because of his sociopathic tendencies ... but there’s the other kind of lying which is more serious that indicates he has a loose grip on reality.”

We, responsible psychologists and psychiatrists, see something and we’re saying something because we are ethical professionals and loyal Americans, and we won’t be silenced.

Gartner, Ph.D. is the founder of Duty to Warn. A psychologist who taught in the department of psychiatry at Johns Hopkins University Medical School for 28 years, he is author of “In Search of Bill Clinton: a Psychological Biography” and practices in Baltimore and New York.

13. Moonglow181

Much of the plastic debris is from ships dumping their garbage into oceans, I read on.......
    Go, humans, That's the ticket!
    right

Millions Of Pieces Of Plastic Are Piling Up On An Otherwise Pristine Pacific Island

link to article at end if you want to see disturbing photos...

More than 37 million pieces of plastic debris have accumulated on a remote island in the South Pacific, thousands of miles from the nearest city, according to estimates from researchers who documented the accumulating trash.

Turtles get tangled in fishing line, and hermit crabs make their homes in plastic containers. The high-tide line is demarcated by litter. Small scraps of plastic are buried inches deep into the sandy beaches.

It's the highest density of debris reported anywhere in the world, scientists say. Their research on trash accumulated at Henderson Island, largest of the the Pitcairn Islands, was published Monday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

The island is uninhabited and visited by scientists only once or twice a decade, according to the University of Tasmania. But ocean currents bring a steady stream of plastic trash from around the world, from litter swept into storm drains to debris dropped off fishing boats.

"What's happened on Henderson Island shows there's no escaping plastic pollution even in the most distant parts of our oceans," lead author Jennifer Lavers said in a statement released by the university. "Far from being the pristine 'deserted island' that people might imagine of such a remote place, Henderson Island is a shocking but typical example of how plastic debris is affecting the environment on a global scale."

There are no major factories or towns within 3,100 miles of the island, the scientists say. So all that trash — more than 17 tons of it, with thousands of new individual pieces arriving each day — travels long distances through the ocean before arriving on the white-sand beaches.

The researchers call the pace of accumulation "exceptional." And it has consequences: The trash interferes with sea turtle nests and poses a threat to seabirds that can get caught in the debris.

Researchers say Henderson Island is polluted with the highest density of plastic trash ever recorded in the field.
    Jennifer Lavers/University of Tasmania

But the scale of the problem extends far beyond this isolated island, which is a UNESCO World Heritage site. In their paper, the researchers note that the masses of trash on Henderson Island "account for only 1.98 seconds' worth of the annual global production of plastic."

It's hard to keep track of where exactly all that plastic goes; much of it is "lost," vanishing into the ocean for parts unknown.

Based on their research, Lavers and co-author Alexander Bond suggest that some of the trash winds up in remote, uninhabited, otherwise pristine islands — "which have become reservoirs for the world's waste," they write.

plastic waste
    ocean pollution
    trash
    South Pacific

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/05/15/528470657/millions-of-pieces-of-plastic-are-piling-up-on-otherwise-pristine-pacific-island

14. Moonglow181

3 males stabbed on a train in Portland , Oregon for trying to protect two Muslim females from the verbal attacks of one passenger. Two of the males are dead from the stabbing and one is in critical condition and expected to live. It has been on the news all day. I wonder why this Oregon news did not make a latest news thread....hmm...ah, well, i am posting link to the article here....from ABC news.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/stabbed-killed-portland-transit-station/story?id=47672660

15. Moonglow181

Jerry Lewis is gone. :(

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

bannon out. you're fired, no i quit, no you're fired, no i quit. lol.
    as long as he's gone. now if only what he represents would be.

1 person likes this.
  17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

we seem to have a big storm of some kind hitting tex ass. poor lousy anna's getting hit again too.
    might effect the economy, the chumpster's pet economy, washing away some big fracked gas refineries.
    made landfall sometime yesterday morning if i'm reading the timeline right.

need one to hit marr-a-logo. and a bunch of little birds, poor little birdies,
    to fly into the jet intakes on af-1 at the right moment,

oh well, those are waiting to happen, but the big wherlie wind hitting tex lou,
    way deep in with massive record rainfall amounts, that's going on right now.

18. Moonglow181

Hugh Hefner gone at age 91. He died yesterday, the 27th.

19. themnax

themnax Senior Member

glad he lived as long as he did. i just heard about this on another site a few minuets before coming over to this one.
    i hadn't really thought about him since his daughter took over the business.
    had no idea he had been still alive.

20. ahsorandy

ahsorandy Members

We arrive, we play, we work, then, we die. It happens to us all.