Barefoot In School At All?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by gmdm22003, Aug 25, 2015.

1. RT19

RT19 Members

Such a shame society forces footwear upon us as adults.

I didn't attend school barefoot but there were lots of occasions during school when I could be barefoot.

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  2. adrianc

adrianc Members

Primarily for me it was bare feet for indoor p e.

3. BareyMommy

BareyMommy Members

For health reasons, barefooting should be mandatory in schools really. Kids spend most of their time in school so it's a great chance for them to improve their feet and callus their feet the right way.

BarefootedBoy and RT19 like this.
  4. adrianc

adrianc Members

I guess you are UK?

5. RT19

RT19 Members

I would sign up to a campaign to promote this, if we look at countries such as new Zealand and south Africa barefoot to school especially of younger children when feet are developing is quite common and in south Africa encouraged or even part of the uniform.

GLENGLEN likes this.
  6. adrianc

adrianc Members

As a minimum, all indoor p e should be undertaken in bare feet.

7. BareyMommy

BareyMommy Members

Kids go barefoot whenever they can. Nobody likes wearing extra layers of clothing. I certainly would not force my own kids to be barefoot outside. In our garden and in our house on the other hand is different. I probably would have a rule saying you gotta be barefoot in our property. You gotta have *some level* of barefootedness. Luckily we don't need such a rule at the moment!

In societies like those, people are more concerned about living healthy and being happy than what others think of them.

Barefoot-boy and BarefootedBoy like this.
  8. Prismatic

Prismatic Newbie

A few times in pool class. When I was in high school, we had a fire drill during pool class a couple times. We had to wait outside without anything but our swim stuff. I also one time wore slides to pool a couple times, but I stopped when one of the girls (who nobody liked) threw them in a fricking toilet. I had to spend the rest of the day barefoot.

9. BareyMommy

BareyMommy Members

Spend the rest of the day barefoot? Sometimes a bad situation forces you to try something new and it might turn out that you like it.

10. adrianc

adrianc Members

Who is UK here?

11. No. Even when i was living in Mildura, Australia we weren't allowed to go in bare feet at all. Always shoes and socks.

12. adrianc

adrianc Members

What about indoor p e?

13. We weren't allowed to. It had to be runners

14. adrianc

adrianc Members

That’s odd, even gymnastics?

15. Yep even gymnastics.

16. adrianc

adrianc Members

Very odd!

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

what kind of school are you people going to where they teach pool and gymnastics?

18. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

While I understand your reasoning, fact is this could be a real problem to arrange safely in arctic climates. I've experienced cold winter temperatures that exceed -30 degrees Celsius (=-22 Fahrenheit) +wind, and this is simply no condition for exposed flesh. Especially, when we're talking about young kids who, unlike yours truly, have no experience or conditioning in winter snowfooting. It'd have to be limited to indoors only, and even then the kids would probably be miserable, if the building's heating fails to work for whatever reason.

While not a bad idea per se, I'm saying that it can't be universally applied to every region. And with kids, safety should be top concern.

19. BareyMommy

BareyMommy Members

Oh yeah, forgot about that somehow. Probably best to leave it to the districts but to encourage them to have students barefoot where possible such as in buildings. Obviously for places like the North during winter, barefooting isn't always possible. For places where hot weather is common, that could be an issue too. Places with mild weather could definitely institute an all-day barefoot policy in and outdoors.

20. BarefootedBoy

BarefootedBoy Members

Wherever possible, I think schools should allow and encourage students to go barefoot. It's healthier and more comfortable.

Barefoot-boy likes this.