Fess Up: Love Making Is Just Propaganda

Discussion in 'True Love' started by TheSamantha, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

I don't own a vibrator either, or a fake penis dildo thing, nor do I rent one, lol. Not saying I don't masturbate, cuz of course I do. ;)

2. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I have ten fingers and a dildo. That's good enough. If my orgasms got any better, I'd have to quit my job and just do it all the time. :D

And as others have said here, I do get something out of the nonphysical side of making love. Not necessarily ever time I fuck, but regularly. Tools and toys have nothing to do with that. Long walks, wine, music, and foreplay are more important.

I've always heard that long term use of a vibrator can desensitize your clit somewhat. Don't know how true that is, definitely don't want to risk it. Don't want to change anything.

3. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

Have you ever been in love? Have you ever had good sex with someone you're in love with? It's pretty much the best thing ever. Having the emotion and meaning behind it can make an otherwise mundane session feel incredible, no bells and whistles and weird contortions needed. It's awesome.

3 people like this.
  4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont own a vibrator either, not sure when I would have time to use one as my man and I are home together most evenings. If he caught me sneaking off to use a vibrator he would just insist on joining in the fun anyways

5. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

Yes I have been in love. First one was virgin love, missed the boat due to neurosis, though that's the purest form of love there is. I was even more madly in love a few years ago but the sex was just, eh....

6. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

Bummer. Well, there has to be something to work with in the first place. If he doesn't do it for ya, no amount of schmoopy-doopy love will help. There has to be balance. But when both are there? Damn, nothin like it... Don't give up, but I mean, it's not like there's any pressure. If you're having fun right now, why tie yourself down? You might hit a wall where meaningless sex ceases to be fun and you want more at some point, but until then, why fix what ain't broke? Go nuts!

7. I think there are two different kinds of love making. One does seem to be propaganda. It's too personal. It acts like everything that goes on in the bedroom is everybody's business. It might not be propaganda on purpose, but the effect is mortifying! It is thoughtless and prevalent and so makes us behave as though being thoughtless is the most important way to behave. I don't know if it's a dangerous way to behave, but it's a silly way to behave. And our reality will not fall to pieces if we stop celebrating our sexuality so much. WE GOTCHA, IT'S A FANTASTIC THING.

What is the alternative, though? We can't all become a bunch of puritans. The point is, I wouldn't force my sex on everybody. I guess I sense this underlying competition that goes on to be the most sexual. A lot of ordinary people want to revolutionize sexuality. Maybe some of them can. Maybe I can. Maybe at this moment I am the sexiest living thing on earth. But I digress, sex does not have to be the be-all end-all of existence.

8. sandybrooke

sandybrooke Members

I understand your term propaganda but it may not used correctly. Men & women have two different expectations concerning love & sex. Men can separate the two but most women can't. The bullshit on TV , soap operas, sappy movies, make unattainable standards for "love" in the female eye. Men want to pull your skirt up on the back deck & fuck you silly. Women want candles & soft kisses.
    It's a delicate balance and the partners have to find a middle ground. Sometimes just fuck the slut, sometimes make love to your women.

9. christaree

christaree Members

I think it depends on if you've found your soulmate.
    Seriously, there is a huge difference between just fucking and making love. And no, just because yourw in love and have found your one and only, doesn't mean that every time you have sex with them that you're making love. But when it happens, you won't even have to question it. You know.
    I've been there. And I've never felt so completely connected and unified with my s/o

10. robertsplant

robertsplant Guest

Fact of the matter is there's tons of scientific explanation for why sex rules and what it does to people and it's no mystery, but that doesn't make it not special. When you have sex hormones are released that make you really like the person you just had sex with. The brain goes "oh that was great, I got to do that thing I'm programmed to do. How? Oh I needed this person. Wow thank god for this person." In different people for various reasons this bonding can vary in strength. But it essentially creates love. Even if you were already in love, it strengthens it. Even if it was sex that wasn't very romantic it still happens. It happens doggy style. It happens with a gag and ropes and leather. Everytime you have sex, you make at least a little bit of love.

11. robertsplant

robertsplant Guest

Lol thats bullshit. A lot of men are romantic, a lot of men aren't. Many can go either way. Same for women. Sometimes a man expects love and a woman only gives him sex. It can go either way.

12. Didi

Didi Members

the topic reminded me of the Oscar Wilde's idea that there were no daybreaks and dawns until they were invented by poets. I like this approach very much. These kind of paradoxes are "wildeisms"

13. Hornywife69

Hornywife69 Members

I think love making really has to be with emotional and spiritual connection you feel with your partner. Love making makes every fiber in your body tingle

14. Kiprat

Kiprat ophidiophobe

Gordon Gecko said that love was a bullshit idea invented by the media to stop losers killing themselves.
    Or words to that effect.

And I've gotta say, I do see some truth in that statement.
    An unpalatable reality is STILL a reality..

15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

that really doesn't seem right. i feel like if anything, the concept of love would encourage suicide before preventing it.

16. Kiprat

Kiprat ophidiophobe

I don't think its all bullshit. For some couples its a perfect concept and works fine for them.
    Many people delude themselves tho, and settle for shite.

And a perfect couple can have it all fucked up by the weakness/stupidity/cowardice etc of one of the parties.

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Sometimes it really appears to be bullshit, especially of course when we haven't experienced real love making (yet). But what if only 1% really 'makes love' in their lifes (exaggeration to be clear, my guess is the percentage is higher but anyway:), does that makes it bullshit just because the far majority hasn't experienced it?
    Now if the claim would be 'everybody that you see together with someone else is always making love when they're having sex', then I would agree there is a layer of propaganda in there. But the concept of lovemaking above just having sex is not propaganda and (imho) worth advocating.

18. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

Yeah Monogamy is nothing but a marketing scheme

19. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Especially when it is projected on other animals than humans!

20. EventHorizon

EventHorizon Member

I have problems with this question, at times. I'm married. Love making isn't really there anymore after 2 years, I'm pretty sure it was there at one point. Now there's just good sex and not so good sex.

On the monogamy front, though. I feel very committed but more and more I feel like we aren't designed for this. Much of the time it feels forced, and unnecessarily stressful.

Love making might be just a PC term for sex. Might be something there. Who am I to say. Its definitely subtle it definitely involves sex. Maybe its more just the second thing and we all wanna be romantics.