Our House Is Haunted

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by iamjustme, Aug 23, 2015.

1. iamjustme

iamjustme Wishful thinker HipForums Supporter

Our home was built in 1898. Two story Victorian. We love it, awesome original woodwork, original fireplace with solid wood pedestals and hand carvings...hardwood floors in the entire home. 10 ft. ceilings, pocket doors, glass transoms above the upstairs bedrooms. Just a ton of character.
    But it's haunted.
    We have lived here since 1996. There is no one who has been spent much time in this house at night and has experienced nothing.
    Virtually every night, we are so use to it that we are haven't been scared of these things for years. Almost comical really.
    Whatever is here, it has not once been the least bit menacing. In fact, I am under the impression it doesn't even know we are here.
    Footsteps as clear as day are the most prevalant. Normally upstairs, undeniable walking sound that starts in the room above the front room, and enters the stair landing upstairs. Also, sometimes downstairs in the dining room, again walking towards the stairway.
    Doors closing, chairs moving, sounds of a female voice...1,000's of times.
    I have two cameras, but for some reason I have never tried to record anything. Seems unpolite.

3 people like this.
  2. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Well it seems like YES you have visitors :)

Try to talk to them,see if something happend to them @ one time when they were on our side.......

Dont be afraid..... Spirits arent mean per say but you dont want them on your bad side!!

Good luck :)

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

My place is haunted too...

4. iamjustme

I don't know, not sure I want to upset the apple cart.
    Like I say, at no time has it interfered directly with us, or did something that was harmful to items in the home etc.
    I could easily setup recording devices, I have zero doubt I would capture at minimum audio. And it wouldn't take long.
    But I know it sounds weird, but somehow I think that would be impolite or infringing upon it somehow.
    We have all "coexisted" in this house for almost 20 years now. I think I would even miss it if for some reason it left.

The only thing I wish it wouldn't do is mess with electronic/electrical items.
    We can't have touch lamps anywhere in the house, they light up on their own repeatedly.
    Battery operated devices suddenly run down on their own. Cell phones, my kindle, laptop - whatever, if it runs on a battery every few days or so it is dead.
    We both keep our phone chargers on our night stand.
    Other than that...we all get along.

But I do wish I knew who/what it was. The walk always seems male to me, but we have all heard female voices.

5. iamjustme

Old house?

6. Tyrsonswood

Not that old, built in 1948.

Doesn't need to be old to be haunted... It just needs a ghost.

1 person likes this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

In every neighborhood you have your house that's supposedly haunted. Well in my neighborhood there's the Hell House. And right now people are beside themselves because there's a sign out front of Hell House and it says "for sale".

Now they say that you can see the chalk lines in the living room
    A sure sign that somebody must have died there
    I'm pretty sure I was told they were a bride and a groom
    And I guess they died trying to run for the stairs
    But I don't care!
    Shoot me a price I wanna move in quick
    I wanna sleep with the bodies while the blood still drips
    Call me crazy but it's all that I want
    I'm really hoping that it all happened and it's not just a front.

8. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I'd love to spend a night in a place like that and actuallly see or hear something. I've been alll kinds of places that were supposedly haunted and experienced nothing. On the other hand, I have had weird vibes about various places before and found out later that they had a story.

9. iamjustme

I would say if you spend the night here, there would be at least a 70% chance you would have an experience. 2-3 nights and I would take that up to 100%.
    I eat lunch here everyday, I live less than a mile from the office, and today while I was eating a sammich in the living room I distinctly heard a few thumps above me and like a loud whisper. I am so use to it, I didn't even pause to listen further.

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so does claiming ghosts without evidence.

ghosts from before the 1980s were much nicer. NEW GHOSTS ARE CRAP!

2 people like this.
  11. Tyrsonswood

Just add sugar...

12. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

I would sage the place first. Then...I wouldn't "call" them out but would talk to them when I hear things. Like "good morning" "there you are" things like that.

13. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I grew up in a haunted house, moved away to an actual "other" life, and wound up back here (in the haunted house) as of Halloween 1991.

Its still haunted, to some degree, but not anything like it once was. Once there was some dark shit happening.

I studied and learned.

[​IMG] :)

14. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I guess it's always possible in a house that has a dark or complicated past. I've never lived in a place like that.

15. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Perhaps they are energies from other dimensions.....that we only catch glimpses of in this dimension. I have seen a few ghosts in my life, and i was not hallucinating.
    I have been thinking about this alot lately.
    Two nights ago a friend came over, and she was looking at the huge wall mirror that faces the window...and I happened to be glancing outside the window...i thought I saw something whoosh by.....a foggy figure, so i said something...she said..."Oh, my god, i was just going to say something, as i saw it too in the mirror..."

She took photos here outside that night and was freaked out, as she pointed out spirit faces in the photos....I could see them, too, but just thought they were the way the bark was on the tree with the light playing with shadows....I did not take it too seriously....but I was freaked out that night....as I felt something around and it was creepy.
    She came over again last night, and the dogs were highly alert to something and jumpy and very high strung, as she was. She is highly sensitive to things like that, and kept jumping up to look around, as she was freaked out about something, as were the dogs....i just sat there calm as ever. I did not feel creeped out anymore last night. I wondered what the hell was wrong with everyone here....

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

i love old houses so much. There is always a sense of energy from those who lived there before.

1 person likes this.
  17. iamjustme

Okay underwear, and just how would I supply evidence? A recording? - I could make that up myself...a video with the recording...ditto..have someone tap the floor in the next room while I tape the other room.
    Point being, if I was to post up audio or video - you would tell us the 10 ways that could be faked.
    No thanks

18. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

Get the ghost to make a profile and post here :)

19. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

1 person likes this.
  20. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Maybe it was a drone that whizzed by my window the other night.
    I thought of that, too.
    My friend and I looked around everywhere outside for a long time and tried to figure out what we saw for a long time afterwards.