I Swear These Forums Are Giving Me Stockholm Syndrome

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by OnaQuestfortheD, Aug 19, 2015.

1. OnaQuestfortheD

OnaQuestfortheD Neither Hip nor For 'em

Can't leave, so I might as well stay. That is to say, I LITERALLY can't delete my account on here myself, for whatever stupid reason. And I don't have the energy to troll the admins into banning me permanently. And I can't seem to pry myself off of this stupid site no matter how hard I try. As long as I have an account, I'm just gonna keep coming back. So, fuck it.
    Not that it fucking matters anyway. I'm completely out of touch with all the other members here. If this were a real-life clique of cool kids, I'd be the outcast who sits in the corner and mutters to himself miserably. It's a role I've been used to playing my whole life, anyway. I am a complete social outcast creep that nobody cares to understand... But deep down, I just wanna reach out to somebody, anybody. I wanna feel like someone wants me around for a change. I wanna feel like I matter to somebody. Like, dare I say... somebody loves me? I've been too alone for too long, and I'm probably just digging my own grave with all this rambling, but once again, fuck it. I gotta get this shit off my chest somehow. I'm sick and tired of being so fucking alone and miserable all the time.

2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

the cool kids are a bunch of dorks..

3. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Getting banned would not necessarily mean that your post would be deleted, you would just be unable to post anymore.

What makes you feel like you're an outcast?

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Cool story, bro.

1 person likes this.
  5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Stuff like this vvv

:rofl:

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, and facebook's evil, because it's kind of hard to delete your own account.

7. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

I thought that getting banned did remove all posts, since in the case of spammers it would be tedious to delete everything individually. Perhaps theres more than one way a person can be banned.

8. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Spammers will usually get banned and have their spam posts deleted.

Unless your previous posts are somehow against forum guidelines, I don't think any of them are deleted.

Like you said, there's different ways of being banned, though the distinction is between being perma-banned, IP banned, or just short-term banned.

I'm sure a mod would be able to give a more thorough and accurate description, but I think this is about right.

1 person likes this.
  9. OnaQuestfortheD

OnaQuestfortheD Neither Hip nor For 'em

I guess I'm just taking things too personally. If I had any real friends I wouldn't be so damn desperate for random strangers online to like me. >_<

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

To me, you'll always be the guy with the thread about wanting to punch his mommy in the face.

I care, i love you, entertaining at least

Cmon, lets hug it out, much homo

11. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

what is it about you that makes you a creep?

be honest....maybe we can help

let me rephrase that...maybe I can help.....most these other people are just like you lol

just kidding people :)

12. Tyrsonswood

13. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Committee to Reelect the President? That CREEP?

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

in the forum software that i'm familiar with, you had the option to either ban someone, or delete them. banning them would keep them as a person with a profile and posts and everything, but they just couldn't access their profile. deleting them came with two options: delete posts or keep posts. if you were to choose delete posts, all evidence of the person ever existing would be erased (except any quotes of posts they had made). if you chose to keep posts, the person's profile and post count would go away, but their posts would remain. occasionally you'll see this here; there will be someone with posts but if you hover over their username as if to view their profile, the link would not be available.

so basically, just delete the person with the delete posts option, and everything is gone. easy to do, but the downside is that anyone that replied to their posts would look like a crazy person.

15. Tyrsonswood

And this is a problem? How?

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well i suppose it's really only a problem for the person who replied, and only if they care about looking sane online.

17. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

like this ...?

18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, that's what would happen if a spammer came on here and said "foo bar baz" and then got deleted with the delete posts option after you quoted him. of course, the people that really look crazy are the ones that just reply to such a spammer without using the quote button because the spammer was the post directly above them.

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

^ you can eat a dick, my mother was a saint!

20. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

like that.

even worse is when the spammer starts a thread and then their post gets deleted but the mods forget to delete the thread, or decide to leave it for whatever reason. OP really looks strange then.