Join A Modern Traveling Commune

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by Thestoryofhilly, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Thestoryofhilly

Thestoryofhilly Members

Hi.
    Our names are Andrei and Hilly and we have been on the road as travelers and activists for half a year.
    After going to school at Kent State University for a few years, we sold all our stuff and hit the road.
    We are currently located (for the time being) in colorado springs, colorado. We livw out of a ford explorer with our two fur babies; Craig and Lacie.
    (not to sound cliche but...) We are on a search for self discovery.
    Along our route we stop to take in any breath taking wildlife we can.
    We also work when needed to.
    We started our journey in Ohio on our own.
    Now we are reaching out to the hippy community to find other like minded people that would like to join a modern traveling hippy commune. Like straight outta the 60s. Eden express type stuff.
    We are really serious about this. We want to create a safe and tight knit family that helps out one another and want to help be the changes we wanna see in the world.
    It would be hard work but the experience would be beyond worth it.
    The idea itself can be scary, and yes the actual act of leaving your home to hit the road will be scary. We went through it. But you wont believe how easy it actually is once you get started. We have got to camp in so many beautiful natural forrest and see so much of what this country has to offer. Sound like something for you? :)
    If you are really serious about this and I mean Matrix serious, shoot me an email @ thestoryofhilly@gmail.com

4 people like this.
  2. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

That'd be really interesting. I could be interested in something like that, but have a few questions. I'm based out of CO right now myself too

how do you guys support yourself? Pay for gas, food, and campsites?

Are you looking for like a convoy of people that'd all follow each other?

3. Thestoryofhilly

Thestoryofhilly Members

Yes ma'am.
    Right now andrei works through a temp agency. We stop in different cities along the way to work. Caravan style.

4. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

I hitch hiked coast to coast, and border to border for about ten years. I traveled from Wyoming to Key West, to Houston to Tucson, to Orange County, to San Francisco, to Lake Tahoe to Gunnison Colorado, to a Rainbow gathering in Missouri, back to Gunnison, and then to Washington D.C. in 1985.

Sometimes you can get three day old food from grocery stores that are about to throw it out. You can also get doughnuts from Dunkin Doughnuts, when they're about to throw them out.

I've know people that live exclusively out of dumpsters, but I don't recommend it . There's almost always homeless shelters and churches.

2 people like this.
  5. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

There is a book out that shows free camp sites across the US. Check with a book store.

6. Shrek2283

Shrek2283 Members

This is exactly what I'm planning on doing. Sadly I won't be ready to hit the road till the beginning of the new year. I'm working on getting a van now and I plan on spending the fall and part of winter retrofitting it to fit our entire life in lol. It'll be me, my girlfriend (been together almost a decade) and our beautiful bulldog. We're in our early thirties. We're selling off almost everything we have and I'm gonna turn a full size van into our home. It'll have a bed and small kitchen. But we plan on hitting the road. Work when we need to on the road but we wanna be free and travel the country camp in Oregon, raft down the Colorado river, camp under the desert stars. So if you're still on the road in about 4 months I'm definitely in if you'll have us and still looking for traveling community members at the time. And good luck on your journey!

3 people like this.
  7. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Sounds like an idea. Matter of fact, a good idea.

8. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

9. leelinda

leelinda Members

I realize this is an older post but we're wondering que pasa? Still on the road? Do you have room for 2 more?

Counting down daily for our escape. We don't have an agenda other than to soak up the beauty of the universe and spread hope and peace along the way. Such a sad time for humanity- so many wounded souls....we just want to say "We are all the same- like beggars in the breadline.." things, money, titles, mistakes- none off these define us.

We feel a sincere calling to share the hope man-just share the hope.

Let us know whats going on and to all- Peace for your journey~

1 person likes this.