World's First 'weedery' To Open In Denver, Co

Discussion in 'Cannabis News' started by BongSolo, Aug 11, 2015.

1. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

yup, they are mostly all muts now. Rarely you can find some old landrace strains. a dispensary near me on rare occasion has had REAL Panama Red, Colombian Gold and Thai. I think they get it from a grower who has kept the strains for decades. but I've only seen them advertised a few times over the years.

2. BongSolo

BongSolo Members

So everyone seems to be agreeing that it was wrong of me to quote the article in saying this would be the world's first weedery. Fair enough. I've done a few online searches now to turn up proof of all of the weederies throughout ancient history. I can't find anything about weederies or "weedyards" in history that would even come close to fitting the description of the subject of the article. I have no problem being wrong, I'm wrong about at least one thing every day of my life. I would just love some proof.

3. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

No ones saying you were wrong to quote the article for the title of the thread, just criticizing the articles use of the term.

2 people like this.
  4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I have heard good things about those old strains. But don't let the ridiculous names of the new ones fool you they have benefited from years of selective breeding. They get the job done.

5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I quit smoking for health reasons and now only ingest edibles; but when I was smoking I really liked the Blue Dream strain.

2 people like this.
  6. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

and through those years of selective breeding the unique qualities of the original strains has virtually been lost.

not wanting to sound like a real old fuck, but most of the people who comment about the new strains being better or the same simply are not old enough to have sampled any of those old strains.
    If you were born after 1985, you most likely have not had any pure landrace strains.

4 people like this.
  7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Well there wouldnt have been motorized carts or a gift shop

But somewhere in the last 100,000 years some guy didnt square off a 1/4 acre and didnt say to other dudes, hey look what i got going on, smoke some of this, i'll trade you for some coconuts?

Or even in the present, Colombia, Mexico....no other country in the world.....hey come look at what we got going on before you buy in bulk

Yeah, Im sure Americans invented it

8. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

:rofl: Rich soil? That was a hundred years ago. You'd have better luck trying to grow shit in the cracks of a sidewalk. That dirt has been abused beyond anything you could imagine. Without trainloads of fertilizer, it wouldn't grow weeds anymore.

It's nearly impossible for me to imagine them selling anything that won't kill you.

9. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

That bad huh?

Ok, How about Cuba? Yeah thats the ticket, I'll bet they could grow some fine outdoor organic there very cheaply.
    conga, conga,, conga,,,
    [​IMG]

Dang would I love to visit Cuba...What were we talking about again? LOL

I feel ya...but I didn't necessarily mean RJ Reynolds specifically, just whatever large corporation.
    There would still be boutique growers and 'weederies', just like there are small winery's, but for your average schmoe, growing weed would become more like a fun hobby or whatever, like growing your own tomatoes lol

10. BongSolo

BongSolo Members

Semantics, man. You know what the article was about and it wasn't about a private farmer showing his field off to his friends. I'm sorry America has left such a bad taste in your mouth.

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

12. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
Tags: