Meditation And K/dxm ?

Discussion in 'Yoga and Meditation' started by daisymeadow, Aug 7, 2015.

1. daisymeadow

daisymeadow Members

Hi,

Has anyone had experiences with Meditation while on DXM or Ketamine ?

Thanks.

2. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

Lay down in a dark room with music. I find that the music enhancement of dxm is better than the music enhancement of K which can make things sound distant and distorted. YMMV. Ketamine surely beats dxm though in producing a fully dissociative experience where you can completely lose contact with any semblance of reality, or existence and at that point there can be no music, or anything.

3. trailblazer

trailblazer vincennes university graduate.

caq anyone help me with how to meditate?

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I have meditated on lower doses of ketamine, or coming out of k-holes. On heavy doses, I prefer being fully reclined, I'd be interested in trying it in a flotation tank, provided there is supervision.

5. trailblazer

trailblazer vincennes university graduate.

i don't know the first thing about meditation, can anyone help? i would really like to try native american meditation.

6. Backchat

Backchat Supporter HipForums Supporter

When you are a learner in meditation, you should realise that you will have to start from the beginning the basics, and it will take you a few years of regular practice to become reasonably good at it. You can either buy a beginners book on meditation, search Google or watch some beginners videos on You Tube.
    Like everything in life practice makes perfect, and you certainly need to practice at it if you want to progress to a higher level in meditation. I have been meditating for just over 30 years now and think I am reasonably good at it, but then I did put a lot of my spare time into getting to the level to where I am now.
    We all progress at things in life at our own pace, and it's the same with meditation, you may either progress slowly or quite fast that's entirely down to you.
    I would suggest doing the basics first and then after that try native American meditation, once you have reached an advanced state of basic meditation.

Hope this helps you. :)

7. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

do native americans have meditation?

8. Backchat

Yes I think they would why do you ask?

9. I once sat underneath a pool table for hours while on DXM. I only experimented with DXM for a few months about fourteen years ago, and I never really gained any meaningful insights while on it. It was soothing, however. At the time I wanted to experience all of these profound things, and it's easy to convince yourself that something profound is happening while on DXM, but really if you're meditating on the meaning of your life I think you're just as well doing it without drugs.

10. Backchat

Totally agree with you neon you don't need drugs to gain insight in your life, your brain meditates well enough on it's own without drugs.

11. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

i studied with an american indian medicine man - to my knowledge he did not meditate beyond the sweat lodge