Marijuana Used As An Antibiotic?

Discussion in 'Medicinal Cannabis and Marijuana' started by BongSolo, Aug 3, 2015.

1. BongSolo

BongSolo Members

A buddy of mine was telling me he'd read that marijuana has been studied and proven to work effectively as an antibiotic? I can't find any articles on this so I figured I'd bring it to the forums. Has anyone heard anything like this? I fully believe in the healing powers of weed and of the mind but I haven't heard of anything specifically involving antibiotics.

2. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

Weed isn't an antibiotic itself

But it may replace almost all of them because antibiotics are terrible. They kill your good and bad bacteria, and as we already know with most things in life, they also grow an immunity to poisons over time.

The future of medicine will be a post-antibiotic world where we may actually be looking to treat a person's micro organisms instead of a person themselves.

Micro organisms make up a large percentage of your DNA actually, even though they're technically a different species. Sounds weird, but fecal transplants can be a better alternative than modern medicine. The organisms in one animals/humans shit could help another person's body chemistry on a number of levels. Studies with rats that are overweight could lose weight by gaining micro organisms from a thinner rat, even while mainting an identical diet.

Western society has a lot of problems, because all of our foods and medicines are highly processed with chemicals that kill both good and bad bacteria/micro organisms. When it comes to this, i don't see how pot would make much of a difference at all, but it's obviously works as a pain reliever especially when using higher CBD strains

3 people like this.
  3. BongSolo

BongSolo Members

Wow, I'd never even heard of fecal transplants! I have a bias toward holistic healing but I have used antibiotics at some point during the last 7 years (I think when I got my wisdom teeth pulled). I try to avoid antibiotics if possible though. And once the course was down, I was wolfing down probiotics LOL

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

:cheers2:

1 person likes this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Weed cures cancer, man. :punk:

1 person likes this.
  6. deleted

deleted Visitor

why did Bob Marley die?

1 person likes this.
  7. Asmodean

He didn't smoke enough.

2 people like this.
  8. deleted

deleted Visitor

maybe he didn't eat enough either ..

1 person likes this.
  9. Asmodean

Weed?

1 person likes this.
  10. deleted

deleted Visitor

id hope so. lol....

1 person likes this.
  11. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Me too unless they are absolutely necessary for me to not die. They are overused and all that happens is nature evolves. Now a lot of germs are resistant to them anyway. I figure I am better off making my immune system strong in natural ways.

1 person likes this.
  12. BongSolo

BongSolo Members

LOL At first I thought you were referring to fecal transplants! Keep it away from me unless I'm dying LOL! No, but I get you, a lot of docs use antibiotics (pharmaceuticals in general) way too frivolously. In the pre-internet days, I put a lot of naive faith in medical professionals but I'd say the illusion has been sufficiently shattered to brittle pieces.

13. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Henry Ford built a car out of hemp during WWII, and farmers could get a deferment from the military during WWII if they grew hemp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54vD_cPCQM8

1 person likes this.
  14. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gv9JIzGaKA

1 person likes this.
  15. Scratched

Scratched Members

I don't believe mj stops colds. I had one of the most congestive, nastiest colds in my life when I was in college smoking weed all the time.

had to go home to my doc and get a bunch of prescription stuff to get rid of it.
    I do believe the mj helped me cough it up more though. lol