Fear Of Floating Off Into Fragmentation And Loosing It

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Cannabliss88, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88 Members

Thank you. Your posts are very helpful. Any chance you could point me in the direction of where I can learn more about "awareness itself or particular workings of the cosmos" which might be helpful for me to study before having an intense psychedelic experience. I have been trying to "preload my mind" in preparation as one of the famous psychedelic gurus had suggested (can't remember who atm)

I am also thinking it might be helpful to keep a tape recorder next to me during the experience so I can quickly record any revelations or experiences I might have to help me integrate the experience into everyday life later on. This is a technique I have found helpful during lower to moderate doses of psychedelics or even high doses of cannabis which can be quite psychedelic in a way.

Thank you again :)

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

There is an interesting article here on psychedelics and ego death which sources History of LSD Therapy by Stanislav Grov.

http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v20n1/v20n1-40to41.pdf

Here is The Psychedelic Experience by Timothy Leary and co here.

http://psychedelicfrontier.com/psychedelic-experience/

A lot of Eastern thought talks about pure awareness, which may be one of the primary reasons why Eastern Thought coincided with the psychedelic movement and really expanded during the 60's. I have not really delve too deep into a lot of it myself, I have got some general philosophies but it was from a book which addressed many many different schools of ideas and even more individual philosophers, so I don't really recall many of them. Some of the general concepts and phrasings you may have heard can usually lead you to more info on these subjects, such as Tao, Nirvana, Confucianism.

1 person likes this.
  3. Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88 Members

Thanks so much for the links man. I have had a couple experiences of oneness on LSD (the best one was not on LSD or anything but green tea but that's another story for another day) but these were only glimpses into it...never went all the way to "ego death"

I took 1 2/3 tabs a week ago tonight and it was awesome but nothing like the experience I describe on my first post where I took 2 then 2 more. Looking back the set and setting is what made it start to turn on me, there is no doubt.

If I take 4 in silent darkness this time, as terrence Mkcenna reccomends with shrooms that should do it. Taking any more than that just seems unnesearry. May as well save the other 5 1/3 (assuming I take 4) for another time.

I find the lower dose trips to be an important part of fully integrating the heavy trips so this time I will not make my last dose be the big one beacause where I live this stuff doesn't come around often.

Thanks again for the links. The more I read up on this stuff the less fear there is and the better I understand set and setting. (And just what the hell is actually going on inside my head for that matter ;))

4. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

It sounds like you were experiencing some weak to moderate ego death (ego loosening) and your ego was terrified at disappearing. This is like, the only show in town when it comes to psychedelics. This is what it's all about. This is the story of all spirituality. Nothing weird happened, you didn't take too much. In fact you didn't take enough.

This is one of the most common misconceptions/question about LSD: "How do I know I will come back to normal?"

Answer: Because you took LSD, and LSD is metabolized by the body in a normal way. You simply cannot NOT return to normal; the ticket you purchased doesn't take you that far. You are aboard a round trip journey that ends in ~12 hours.

Next time you feel you are terrified of disappearing into the fractal everything, just stay with that fear and tell that fear "Thank you for letting me know you're afraid, now let's see what else is going on". Fear is a state of mind in which you tell yourself a story about what is about to happen; just stop telling yourself that story and you won't be afraid anymore. The story itself fears that it will end, even for a few seconds or minutes.

1 person likes this.
  5. Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88 Members

Awesome advice and good timing. Tonight I set sail again. You really do have a way with words Mr.Writer, perhaps just the words I needed. I will try and remind myself, as the Beatles sang "turn off your mind relax and float downstream.Tonight I set sail again.

A question if anyone could shed some light on this: Last time I took 2 tabs then 1hr. 50min. later 2 more.

Can anyone estimate (I know there is no certainty) how much further it would take me if I took all 4 tabs at once? I was thinking maybe a 50% increase in subjective effects. What do you think?

6. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Between 50-100% stronger, with my gut telling me 100% stronger. Psychedelics do not lend themselves well to redosing, as tolerance is significant and immediate.

1 person likes this.
  7. KSWEEZY

KSWEEZY Members

Honestly bro I've only done it 2 times but just don't take it So personal. U tripped ballzzzzz ur str8. Hit da piff ;) i just took some this morning (was about to type last night cuz that shit fucks w my time judgement like crazyyy) and I feel the acid haze over my fried noggin too but just chilll we tripped balls

8. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

this is probably one of the most eloquent descriptions of ego death or more correctly, ego dissolution I have ever heard.
    It's Richard Alpert/Ram Dass.

https://youtu.be/7P3TrGCMHNU

the trick is to remain an observer and not get "all wrapped up" in your own self as "you" dissolves while gazing into the mirror of LSD. ;)

Don't surround yourself with yourself, move on back two squares