Who Is The World Is The Holy Spirit?

Discussion in 'Sanctuary' started by TheSamantha, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I don't think so. the Gospel of John says that "the Word" or Logos was Jesus.

2. hillbillyhippiechick

hillbillyhippiechick Member

Yahweh and it's meaning goes WAY back before Jesus and Christianity. I think the texts say something like "In the beginning there was the word, and the word was of god, and the word was god ..." That's "the word" that translates as "I Am" ... or (again) an awareness of conscious existence. (in a sense ... god aware of himself) (or if you prefer, nature or the universe aware of itself)

3. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

The Father, the Son, and the Mother. Mary was the surrogate...Jesus said the you can blaspheme the Father and the Son, but if you blaspheme the Holy Spirit it will not be forgiven. In other words, don't talk bad about his mom. The Holy Spirit is the "comforter", that's what mom's do.

That's the reasonable deduction of a retched sinner.

4. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

uhmmm, no.
    that's lame and is nowhere even remotely suggested in the text. Actually the reverse is the fact, Jesus admonished followers that his mother was not to be revered.
    the whole Mary cult of Roman Catholicism goes waaayyyy back to the mother/child cults of ancient civs, but is very clearly not promoted or encouraged within the actual text of the Bible.

5. I always thought of the Holy Ghost like Casper the Friendly Ghost. Just this little spirit who is short on size but big on heroics when the situation calls for them. That's my ideal Holy Ghost, anyway. Casper.