Why Do Other Famous People Indulge Kanye West?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop and Rap' started by I'll Be Waiting, Jun 30, 2015.

1. I'll Be Waiting

I'll Be Waiting Guest

I spotted his character flaw(s) from the get-go. It's only now though that other people are finally catching onto it... and I'm like duh! The only time I've ever seemed to hear about him was when he threw a tantrum, or stormed somebody on stage.

The main thing I don't get though, is that other famous and successful people seem to give him respect. Elton John once said "I have tremendous for" him. Obama made reference to the fact that he likes his music. Paul McCartney(the richest musician on the planet) also indulged him by doing a song with him. It's this (without referring to his incident over the weekend) that is the main thing I can't understand. If I was somebody that worked hard to get to where I am in life, I definitely wouldn't give some loud-mouth with the mind of a child, the chance to put themselves in the same league! He now has co called "business proposition" for Pete Townshend, who also seems to be taking him seriously.

Another thing is that anyone who's been stormed by Kanye during an award, never seems to see it coming. Both Taylor Swift and Beck were both "happy to see Kanye on stage" before getting disrespected. I mean Jesus, what did you think he was coming up on stage for? Hasn't history taught them anything???!! It may happen again, and people will somehow be surprised.

If it was someone else behaving like this, you might think that they'd be taking the approach of 'any publicity is good publicity', but I genuinely don't think there's a hidden agenda. He seems just plain stupid. I know he can get away with it to some extent, because the very ones who aren't smart enough to realise it, are the very people who are his fans. Wouldn't you expect him to be banned from the grammy's at this. Are artists sitting in fear, thinking that if they win the grammys,that they'll also have to pass the Kanye test? You'd think they'd be some rule to ban him from the grammy's

To think that he's compared himself to Jesus, Bill Gates and Shakespeare!! The man can't sing, or play an instrument, yet he's able to fool himself into thinking that he writes his own songs. Is he even a good lyricist? I'll admit that I struggle to take rap seriously, but are his lyrics good. Are they even good for rap?

1 person likes this.
  2. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Name a "famous" millionaire who isn't a whiner or attention-seeking narcissist. I gave up on sports long ago because of this. It's as lame as Clinton's claim to being "dead broke" while having 4 compounds in gated communities where anyone making less that a million a year qualifies for handicapped parking. Kanye has as much "talent" as Kim, so they're a perfect match.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

what's up with the yellow underlined words? makes it look like you copy/pasted this from a forum that has those annoying ads that are plugged in to random words.