Itunes

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Irminsul, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I seriously hate this program. It never does anything I really want it to. All I wanted was to take an existing playlist from my phone and add it my new system so I wouldn't have to go through the pain staking mission of trying to reapply all my music to a new playlist. Decides to wipe my phone instead. So I attempt the mission. I got that many artists, the same artists, under several names for some reason. Albums only contain certain songs, the other songs are under a different artist because they were on the song. Nothing is just nice and neat. Now I've fucking fixed all that before and it's taken hours. Now iTunes can't find the location of any of my music. FML. Deleting all the songs from iTunes took hours and now it'll take a day to add it all back on there and then I'll have to sift through that many broken and incomplete albums and try to piece it altogether again.

Why can't it just be easy? Why can't you ad album and then that's it? That's the album and album artist? Why does it have individually select featuring artists and put them under their name. Contributing artists I didn't even know we're on a track have their own album and track name. What? Did they fuckin breath air on the song? The fuck they getting their own album folder for its not even their fucking album.

Fuck this shits me. Leaving to see family very soon and this has really fucking got on my fucking nerves queer **** land a man on the moon can't fuckin make a simple fucking program to add simple music to a simple fucking playlist.

2. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

I also hate itunes. I have hated itunes since like, 2009 or something, when I first tried to use it. Music I had purchased FROM itunes just seemed to disappear into some black hole for ever, never to be found again. I had a few really frustrating incidents, and I swore I would never use the program again, and I haven't.

I am definitely not a mac. I am a PC all the way.

I purchase all of my music from a few different sites online, and I keep it need and organized in folders on my PC. When I want to change up the music on my phone, it is a simple click and drag process.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I use windows too, iTunes for windows. I've never liked macs. Still waiting for my entire music collection be added. Pending on computer this can be over 24hrs. =[

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Why i learned to do it all myself, edit the metadata on mp3 files, just download the music, create playlist files

Makes things a.lot.easier when you have to put it on a new phone from backup

Album art.also clogs gallery.when you are trying to look for pictures

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Metadata pretty much just, I don't know what that is.

6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i refuse to use any and all mac/apple itunes ipod iphone etc....

2 people like this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I actually find the devices themselves to be pretty good. I've had a number of iPhones and when it's all set up its easy.

We bought a surface pro 3 the other week and that thing, fuck, I bought an external disc drive and the USB ports won't even work with it. I'm so far very unimpressed with that machine.

Send a man to the moon but can't make a new few thousand dollar system work.

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Artist name, title of album etc

When you are searching for a band and albums are in three different places because name is spelt different ways, thats what annoys me with apps like that

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Lol yeah. Right now it's just contributing artists stealing the tracks from the original album. I'll work on it later. I haven't even looked to see where it's up to, I know my library is extensive and big. It'll be a while but I just need it to happen kinda soon because I'm flying out in less than 48hrs.

10. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

I don't think I will ever be an iphone user. I love my old school blackberry!

11. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

yeah, that's pretty annoying. especially with some types of albums where all the songs are by different artists maybe and they each get their own individual albums with one or two songs in it ... what's even more annoying is the fact that you "have" to use itunes to put music on an iphone. it's annoying especially when you don't run Windows or have a Mac and the fact that they refuse to develop a linux build of iTunes. most other ways of accessing the phones filesystem to transfer files to/from it require jailbreaking the phone

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've seen programs to download that are meant to clean up the iTunes library but they do all these dicky things I don't care for. Like update missing lyrics and album artwork. I could care less about those two. Tbh I'd rather album artwork be banished, it makes for browsing music to be ugly and busy looking.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Right. 11hrs later it's added my drive of music again. =]
    Now I feel like I can see the finish line.

First thing is first. I'm going to have a bath, a beer, a bong or two and relaaaaaax. This isn't worth the frustration, Jocelyn.

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

Ive those stupid ssd cards like 120gb, I back em up every once in a while.. I know If I lost my hd, Id be fucked with out them. just havent the speed to get all the music back I have now... which isnt very much.

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Okay, I am now finally syncing my new playlist. I am sure it will have its faults but then I can do a quick edit :)

16. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

iTunes hit a high point with version 10. Every version since then has been more confusing to use. Too much has been crammed into it and personally, I hate the emphasis on album art because hundreds of my favorite albums don't have any (Grateful Dead soundboards). I'm really looking forward to its replacement, Apple Music, which comes out on June 30.

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oh really? Well then, hopefully it is a single and logical looking system.

I sync my music, get on my phone and look at the artist list. Write down what's wrong, touch it up in iTunes and then sync again. Over and over. I've got a pretty decent list now.

Now all of it is good, for the most part except a few cameo albums that are all over the place but the annoying thing is although it's all good now on iTunes, if I was ever to delete the list and do it again I'd be facing the same annoying problems. So for the people who are actually going through their track files one by one editing the metadata, patience in a virtue lol.

Though I have noticed and many of my CDs were ripped over a decade ago and they were fine it's just sometime of late, even when my phone hasn't been synced for months just randomly iTunes decides to update the track artists. Like I had an alestorm cd for months. Nothing wrong with it. Then one day I flick through my library and I'm like what's this? Who is this? Never heard of them. And it was track one of an alestorm cd but obviously the producers name instead of the band name. Why the hell did it do that? That's not the first or only time I've noticed that happen.

Anyway.... I have a lot more music in my 128gb phone now and all set for mid year holiday now. :)

18. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

iAnything sucks....

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

obviously itunes is proof that the moon landing was a hoax.

1 person likes this.
  20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I back up songs to google drive

Pay for unlimited data anyway

SD cards are still a rip off