Gender Confusion?

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by daveylong, Jun 7, 2015.

1. daveylong

daveylong Members

Ever since hitting puberty i have always thought that i would have enjoyed life more as a woman, pretty much everything about it appeals to me and i feel i would be much happier if i had been born female. This used to make me feel quite sad and a bit of a freak and sometimes still does. I would never consider sexual reassignment surgery as i would not truly be female and would look far from it i would just look like a man in drag, and there is so much stigma around transgender/sexual persons anyway that i would never be able to bring myself to something like that. Is there anything i can do to get these thoughts out of my head or put me at ease, i would've preferred being female but i'm obviously stuck as male.

2. PaullyNormous

PaullyNormous Members

I feel your pain. I grew up wanting to be a girl but was so deep in denial because of my family ridiculing me over anything I did that I buried my feelings. My best friend of almost 20 years came out to me as trans a little more than a year ago and it brought the feelings back. I'm not sure what would be the best course of actions for you to take, but start small. Dress as a woman and see how it feels (literally the only time I feel truly comfortable in my own skin). If you like it, go a little farther. Do what makes you feel good and don't worry about what people will think of you. I did and it nearly drove me to killing myself many, many times. People in general will always be cunty as far as the subject of transgender people, but don't let that dissuade you from being who you feel you truly are inside. As someone who does just that, I can tell you it feels terrible. There is no easy answer and I hope that this little bit of insight will be of some use. If not, seek out trans members and ask their opinions. Love.

1 person likes this.
  3. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Davey, what's the social climate where you are?

How do you feel when you present female? (As my kid says "getting my girl on")

Is there someplace you can experiment?

I'd also look into a gender identity therapist.

We have a Trans issues board with good folks and a few chasers. Ignore the chasers.
    The trans board is under gay, sadly.
    Last subforum under Gay.