• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted June 04 2015 - 04:53 PM

We've all heard of Hitler, but how many of us have heard of Genrikh Yagoda?

A major Israeli publication, Ynet News, disclosed the historical truth about Yagoda saying, “We mustn’t forget that some of the greatest mass murderers of all time were Jewish.” It goes on:

“Genrikh Yagoda was the greatest Jewish murderer of the 20th Century… is responsible for the deaths of at least 10 million people.”

So Yagoda, who ironically sported a mustache identical to Hitler’s — killed twice the number alleged against Hitler (the premier Holocaust historian, Raoul Hilberg alleges 5.1 million). Ynet News goes on to matter-of-factly state:

“His Jewish deputies established and managed the Gulag system.”

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn wrote about the horrors of the Soviet Gulag, is anyone familiar with his work?

Which side inflicted more suffering during their reign?

#2 unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin

The Archaic Revival

• PipPipPip
  • 7,320 posts
  • LocationYarmouth Road

Posted June 05 2015 - 08:23 AM

The Soviets were worse in sheer numbers of people killed no question.  But the philosophy of Hitler is still alive and well to this day.  Communism is still popular though but in theory it is not encouraging the racial purity of Naziism.  So overall I think Hitler did more long term damage because he is still a hero to racists and he still gives them ideas.

#3 thedope

thedope

glad attention

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,667 posts

Posted June 05 2015 - 09:04 AM

Worse at what? 

#4 Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted June 05 2015 - 10:13 AM

The Soviets were worse in sheer numbers of people killed no question.  But the philosophy of Hitler is still alive and well to this day.  Communism is still popular though but in theory it is not encouraging the racial purity of Naziism.  So overall I think Hitler did more long term damage because he is still a hero to racists and he still gives them ideas.

What do you think about the orchestras and plays with grand pianos and soccer matches at the Nazi work camps? Did you ever hear about any of that?

What are the worst Hitler quotes you can muster? I'm curious. I hear a lot of people say he was the epitome of evil, just like Saddam Hussein must have been and Muammar Gaddafi must have been, but let's go straight to the horse's mouth. What was it that he said, that was so outrageous?

Edited by Nerdanderthal, June 05 2015 - 10:25 AM.

#5 Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted June 05 2015 - 10:13 AM

Worse at what? 

Like I said, Which side inflicted more suffering during their reign?

#6 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman

• PipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationInvading your Safe Space

Posted June 07 2015 - 06:49 PM

History books have been a lot kinder to the Bolsheviks than the Nazis. This is for more reasons than I can list but mainly it's because Nazis invaded other nations and all the major countries in the world got involved, whereas all the atrocities of the Bolsheviks were done in the Soviet Union and East Europe, and not as many countries were involved there. The Nazis lost an international war; the Bolsheviks did not. Thus the victors of the war wrote the headlines and history books that followed. Society seems to get way more offended by the Nazi Swastika than the Hammer and Sickle, yet the Bolsheviks killed more people.  Not to mention the oppression of Soviet occupation has left a permanent scar on all of eastern europe that lasted 10 times longer than Nazi occupation. There are even college professors out there who defend Joseph Stalin saying he killed nobody; if that said college professor said nobody died at the hands of Hitler, he'd lose his job. Many people, especially the young punks of my generation are still very ignorant to communism's ugly side. 

Because of all that, I'd say the Bolsheviks are worse. 

2wm1kxh.jpg

#7 BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake

Hip Forums Supporter

•  Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,013 posts

Posted June 09 2015 - 08:20 AM

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn wrote about the horrors of the Soviet Gulag, is anyone familiar with his work?

I read 'One day in the life of Ivan Desinovitch'. A long time ago, but I remember it well, and it was not a pleasant book to read. It is about a day in the life of an inmate of a Siberian Gulag.The conditions described were appallingly bad and de-humanizing.

I doubt many people read Solzhenitsyn these days, as it was really more topical during the Soviet era.

I think the Nazis did worse things than the Soviets. Medical experiments on children in concentration camps for instance. However, the Soviets had their 'mental hospitals' where many dissidents were sent to have their minds destroyed. Neither regime was one I'd want to express a positive opinion about.

'Delicacy and dignity are taught by the heart and not by the dancing master' - Dostoevsky.

#8 thedope

thedope

glad attention

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,667 posts

Posted June 09 2015 - 08:45 AM

Like I said, Which side inflicted more suffering during their reign?

More is not worse.

Which side is better at doing what they did.

When examining the world there is a perspective taken that clouds clear perception and that is that there is anything nefarious in nature.

Turns out groups other than those two are better over time in maintaining more amicable relations.

#9 unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin

The Archaic Revival

• PipPipPip
  • 7,320 posts
  • LocationYarmouth Road

Posted June 10 2015 - 03:17 PM

What do you think about the orchestras and plays with grand pianos and soccer matches at the Nazi work camps? Did you ever hear about any of that?

What are the worst Hitler quotes you can muster? I'm curious. I hear a lot of people say he was the epitome of evil, just like Saddam Hussein must have been and Muammar Gaddafi must have been, but let's go straight to the horse's mouth. What was it that he said, that was so outrageous?

I don't know if you can find one quote that would make him evil as much as his actions.  He was a very charismatic speaker and taking out of context he said some wise things.

#10 Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted June 22 2015 - 09:19 AM

I don't know if you can find one quote that would make him evil as much as his actions.  He was a very charismatic speaker and taking out of context he said some wise things.

So history is written by the winners. We can't find him actually espousing evil, we are just told he was super evil. We're told those extremely skinny Jews on film are evidence of his evil. His evil is what led to Typhus outbreaks and it's the reason everyone on the Axis side was starving to death by the end of the war.

"Typhus epidemics killed those confined to POW camps, ghettos, and Nazi concentration camps who were held in unhygienic conditions. Pictures of typhus victims' mass graves can be seen in footage shot at Bergen-Belsen concentration camp.[25]"

His final solution was to teach the Jews to farm and do productive work before relocating them to Madagascar. The idea was to put an end to the rampant usury that had been employed by Jews since the Middle Ages. The Catholic Church had outlawed usury and many Jews seized upon that as a golden opportunity.

Was anyone here aware of the Madagascar plan or the usury history?

Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop