Money - Is It An Issue Or Not?

Discussion in 'True Love' started by mathias0815, Jun 1, 2015.

1. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

Us guys be all like, "damn she fine, sharp mind too, but she broke as hell, lol! NEXT!"

2. undefeated

undefeated Member

if u live on long island like me- u better have money long island girls souls are owned by the devil and they just love money. so if u want a nice "white" long island girl you better have money or else those sluts wont give u the time of day

3. StellarCoon

Another great reason why prostitution should be legalized. Why spend your hard earned money on someone who might have sex with you when you can use it on someone who most certainly will.

4. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

it is if you dont have any

5. JoeyM51

JoeyM51 Currently locked in chastity for the last 4 years.

Money or more properly lack of money, causes a lot of marital stress which leads to divorce. When my first fiancee and I wanted to get married at 18, we could not afford to. So due to a lack of money I joined the Army even though I knew I would spend a year in Vietnam. However, when and if I got back we could get married and the Army would provide us with the basics. Between my Sargent salary and any work she did, we would be able to live for a few years until I got a good civilian job.

What happened was that I was away for so long that she got lonely and stressed out knowing that any day she could be told by my parents that I was dead, So she sought comfort with a friend of mine and that turned into an affair that I found out about through my best friend who kept an eye on her for me. I immediately broke the engagement.

I met my wife three months after I was discharged from the Army. I had a job but was going to start college full time in a few months. Despite that we got married because my wife had a good job and I got 3 part time jobs to make it work. Once again money became an issue that changed the course of my life. My wife fell ill on our honeymoon night and was confined to bed for a year. We were drowning in medical bills so I had to quite college and get a full time job.. That turned out to be a good thing in my life but back then it was horrible. My wife needed constant care and my mom and hers would care for here and cook for us until I came home from work.

Then I decided to go for a professional license in my industry that had a 3% pass rate back then. I license was required to manage a branch office by law at the time. I resolved to study every night and after 6 months of studying huge books about international transportation laws, I passed the test and was the second youngest person in its history to do so. By then my wife was back to work but I got promoted to branch manager and told on a Thursday that I had to be in Houston by Monday due to a problem with the branch manager there. It was a big break for me so I did it and my company took care of the move but my wife was stuck behind for a few months until she could join me.

At the age of 21 I bought my first home and two new cars. I was making more than my dad and all of my college educated friends. My marriage has lasted over 40 years and one of the reasons is that we never had to worry about money ever. We were able to spoil ourselves and money was not ever a sore point in our marriage as it has been in my past relationships and our early days of marriage.

1 person likes this.
  6. footballalways

footballalways Banned

to me, the guy should always PAY regardless...maybe, that is old school but
    that is what the way I see it

1 person likes this.
  7. Yogamat

Yogamat Members

Yep I think you'll find women think the same about guys too!

8. Yogamat

Yogamat Members

Maybe its got nothing to do with money.Maybe its your attitude towards women that puts them off?

9. buzzgunner

buzzgunner 180 grains of diplomacy Lifetime Supporter

Not me, dude. When my wife and I got married, we were both poor as church mice. This year will be our 38th wedding anniversary and we're still going strong!

10. StellarCoon

I was being factitious. :p

11. buzzgunner

buzzgunner 180 grains of diplomacy Lifetime Supporter

Oops! Sorry, man. My bad. (In my defense, there are some guys here in the forums who'd make a comment like that and be serious as a heart attack. Glad to hear that you're not one of them!)

12. JoeyM51

JoeyM51 Currently locked in chastity for the last 4 years.

I have seen a lack of money ruin a marriage. It puts a lot of stress on both spouses. I was lucky in that I was making good money by the time I was 21. I had married when I was 20 and my wife was supposed to support us while I finished college. Unfortunately she became disabled for a year and I had to find a full time job to cover our medical bills and cost of living. When I just turned 22 I bought us a new home in a very nice neighborhood of new homes. Although my income qualifies me as upper class, we are strictly middle class people and enjoy being there. I have always been mindful that what I have can all go away and so I bought homes half of what I could afford in case I lost my job and had to get one at lower pay. Although we did get a few expensive cars at the beginning, we ended up buying Fords and Hondas for the bulk of our marriage. So we had no stress or money worries. We had enough that we could indulge ourselves as long as we kept it practical. I think money is a major issue in a marriage right along with sex. I lucked out there two since my wife turned out to be bi and moved her girlfriend into our home and shared her with me. So with money and sex taken care of we had a wonderful 44 years or marriage and still going strong. This was not by accident. I knew what I wanted and did what it took to get it. I saw the issues that divided my parents and grew up poor. I never wanted to be poor again or complain about sex like my father did. It is amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it.