Can Someone Reccommend Me A Good Craft Brew

Discussion in 'Beverages' started by r0llinstoned, May 31, 2015.

1. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

specifically one I can find in california...

Pressed rat..

2. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

I just googled california craft beers to see if there were ones i've had. And I really like stone

[​IMG]

3. r0llinstoned

I've had a few of their brews as well, if I remember correctly I enjoyed them quite a bit.

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

do you have a good craft beer store around? If so go and grab a couple things at random, that's what I do...then I never remember what I grabbed which is why I'm offering pointless advice instead of recommending something specific.

5. r0llinstoned

We have two huge alcohl stores out here where I live. It's like a costco for alcoholics. They have so much stuff... thats kinda the problem though, I could spend like an hour in there looking at everything. Maybe I will just grab some random stuff.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

7. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Skull Splitter is a pretty awesome brew, indeed.

It's been a long while since I've had a beer, and at the rate in which new craft brews are entering the market, it's awfully hard to recommend something since it seems there are new beers coming out nearly everyday.

What I normally do is go according to brewery. If it's a brewery you know makes good beer, then simply pick something at random and give it a shot. It's the only way to know whether you're going to like it or not, since everyone has different tastes and likes different things. Cali has its share of great breweries, be it the aforementioned Stone, or Ballast Point, Sierra Nevada, Anchor, Bear Republic, Lagunitas, Firestone Walker, Anderson Valley, North Coast, etc.

Beeradvocate is a great source for beer ratings and reviews. It also helps to know what styles of beer you like when it comes to making a selection.

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

Lagunitas pils is what im having now..

9. r0llinstoned

Alright so I got two different IPA's. I usually never buy ipa's but was feeling optimistic about these ones because they are from two of my favorite breweries.

I got Firestone walker union jack ipa and stone cali belgique ipa.

anyone tried these?

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

no.. sorry not anything ive tired ..

11. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I've had the former, which is probably one of the better IPA's I've had. The latter I believe is relatively new, so I haven't tried it. However, it should be good. Sounds like a Belgian IPA made with California hops, so it will have a nice hoppy profile coupled with a yeasty Belgian flavor.

12. r0llinstoned

mmmm picked up some brew from the san diego area today from whole foods. will report back later tonight with how i feel about them.

Also a few days ago i got a couple different beers by bear republic brewing co. which were both outstanding.