Possession Of Paraphernalia By A Minor

Discussion in 'Busted!' started by Laci, May 31, 2015.

1. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

And it was a good point indeed. :)

2. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

Here is a good video...if anyone cares to see it. I would advise anyone to watch every minute of it. You can't be over-informed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

3. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

Where are ya Miss Laci? What's happening?

4. Laci

Laci Members

I appreciate everyone's replies and information- it's all very helpful! I'm in Iowa, by the way.

So far I'm waiting for a letter/call from the juvenile court, haven't gotten it yet. My research thus far suggests they'll probably have me go to a counselor (Yes, yes, I have a problem, an addiction! I need help, you've changed my life, I'll never touch drugs again!). Could possibly get 6 months probation, maybe fines and community service. My friend's lawyer said something about if I don't get a letter within 45 days, the charges must be dropped. Hoping for that.

It was my friend's car, so I had no idea that he didn't have the current paperwork, had no idea he was speeding. I didn't have any form of ID to show the cops as I don't have any sort of driver's license or things of that sort, though I just picked up a state issued ID yesterday.

As far as the dog signaling, I got the idea it had signaled because the weed was in the backseat, and the dog sat down outside the back door. Being a dog trainer myself, I made the educated guess that the dog signaled, though I had my suspicions that the cop used a hand signal to get the dog to sit. I wish I would have asked the cop to explain to me how the police dog worked as far as how it would go about searching the car, what actions by the dog would indicate a find, that sort of thing. The cop didn't seem to happy with my questions to begin with though.

In the future I will make sure to never talk with the cops, never answer more than who I am.

At home there really weren't any consequences, other than my mom chewing me out a bit on the way home from the station. Other than that, she pretty much said, "I understand why you use it, I do. But you knew it was illegal, and you knew the consequences of getting caught, and still chose to take that risk, so you're going to deal with the consequences by yourself. I won't pay for a lawyer, I won't pay your fines, and you will deal with all of this on your own." I think that's fair.

1 person likes this.
  5. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

I've said the same to my daughter...but I'm a softie...I paid. Now that they are adults, I wouldn't though.

Glad everything's ok girlie.

6. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

{{giggle}}

7. Laci

Laci Members

Looking back I'm giggling about it too lol.