Is Something Wrong With My Piercing?

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by mimi27, May 4, 2015.

1. mimi27

mimi27 Members

Hi,
    So, i got my right nipple pierced friday and the next day, i noticed that on one side, it look like that it have a tear (right side on image) but i'm not sure. Plus, since yesterday, on the same side, i started to have a little bit on redness. I do not have a lot of lymph but when I do, it's white or bluish because of the ink she used to do the dots... Is there something wrong with it? Plus, My nipple is really sore today. I'm starting my period so is it related? Thanks! :)

[​IMG]

2. Pengu

Pengu Members

Well, I don't know much about piercings but, I'd guess it's just the signs of healing.

3. mimi27

mimi27 Members

Thanks for you answers. Here's a picture with my cell. Hope everyone can see a bit more the redness. Anyway, i'm just scare that something happen and that I have to take it out cause I really love it! :)
    [​IMG]

mommas man likes this.
  4. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Do sea salt soaks for it

5. drawinginblank

drawinginblank Member

I appears to be normal! All the piercings I ever got in my entire life have gotten a little red and swollen like yours appear to be doing. I say it looks fine but if you ever have any concerns you should go to the shop and see if everything is alright. Also be sure to follow cleaning instructions!

6. mimi27

mimi27 Members

Thanks! I'm doing the after care she told me to do. I'm doing sea salt 2-3 times a day. I think i might just be a little paranoiac! lolllll

7. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

It looks fine to me, although I have never had a nipple piercing, I have had many others. Just keep it clean and be sure to soak it in the salt 3 times a day.

8. NovexusPrime

NovexusPrime Grand Poobah

First I would ask how long you've had your nipple pierced. If it's less than two months, I wouldn't panic. Just continue to think of this as a wound that will be angry through a portion of the healing process. Redness is normal, I experienced it with mine for a good while and discharge is nothing to worry about(Unless the discharge is green, smelly and the area is painfully swollen and hot). Do not soak your fresh piercing in sea salt. It encourages scar tissue and that is a big no-no. Wash it twice daily with a mild, basic soap. No perfumes or dyes is the important part. Don't twist, turn, push or pull it and when you do clean it do it wish washed hands and dry it very lightly with a paper towel. Cotton swabs can leave bits of cotton behind and irritate it further. If movement of your breasts are irritating it then wear a sports bra, the support really made mine feel better. Just remember to leave it alone unless your cleaning it and it IS possible to overclean your piercing. But so far, you're doing fine.

1 person likes this.
  9. tattgirl

tattgirl Member

My second lobe piercing is still oozing yellow crusty sticky after 3months.
    I followed after care same as first piercing. I have now tried fixing the infection with tea tree its drying but still oozing. Anything else that i can try?

10. tattgirl

tattgirl Member

My second lobe piercing is still oozing yellow crusty sticky after 3months.
    I followed after care same as first piercing. I have now tried fixing the infection with tea tree its drying but still oozing. Anything else that i can try?

1 person likes this.
  11. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Dear tattgirl........I Am Confused.......First You Post Identical Posts 4 Days Apart.....Then You

Post A Like To Your Second Post......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

12. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

I can't read any more of this article my nipple's are starting to hurt............

13. jennifer1990

jennifer1990 Newbie

how to treat a piercing bump, read here

14. Beautiful Erica

Beautiful Erica Members