God's View On Violence

Discussion in 'Sanctuary' started by thefutureawaits, Apr 30, 2015.

1. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Violence is a very interesting subject.

It happens everyday in every country. Millions upon millions have been slaughtered for truly no good reason.

Many, including religious people, feel that violence is a justifiable response to provocation. And millions consider media violence to be an acceptable form of entertainment.

Violence originated with satan the devil. The archenemy of God and man. The same one that Jesus Christ called a murderer.

The bible says that Jehovah hates anyone who loves violence. Psalms 11:5

Pursue peace with all people. Hebrews 12:14

It also says to put away wrath, anger, badness, abusive speech, and obscene talk.
    Thoughts?

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Revelations.

/ thread.

3. AstralBear

AstralBear Feed the Bear

You will not know, unless a god comes down and answers you.

4. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

I do know though. Pretty clear in the scriptures above. God hates violence, so do i

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

God thrives on violence..

1 person likes this.
  6. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

scriptures where written by men.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

fuck that tribe ,,, lets kick their ass..

8. Is it not violence when God hurts people? There's a lot of God killing people in the Bible. God is full of wrath and anger in the Bible.

9. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

violence is a relative interpretation of energetic exchange

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

god sucks in a good fight..

1 person likes this.
  11. thedope

My girlfriend complains that I won't. I'm preoccupied maintaining my composure. Nature is tastefully arranged.

12. AstralBear

AstralBear Feed the Bear

Did you know that it was not so long ago that the bible was transliterated to Vulgate Latin, and that the only one's privileged to know the texts were the priests and some nobility? History has illustrated that this was a method in which people where controlled. The same is actually going on with the Amish today. There bible can only be read by the elders in high German dialect. Have you seen all the weird and crazy bylaws that the Amish have? What makes you think it was any different back then? What makes you think that the deceit has not trickled down through culture and law? Most protestants agree that the Roman Catholic Church is Mystery Babylon the Great, because of their heretical teachings and history of genocide. Did you know that the same church canonized the bible? Did you know that there is no credible extra-biblical evidence of Jesus' divinity or resurrection? You are not quoting a "God-breathed" living word of God, you are quoting a tool that slavers use to keep the sheep inline, which was inspired by MAN.

13. tasdev126

tasdev126 Members

If God hates violence then why in the past has so many wars , genocide and murderous acts been carried out in his name.

14. thedope

Hearsay

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

violence is only interesting to those who are addicted to excitement. i find it a tedious and needless interruption to everything that is interesting and gratifying.
    what god, any god, or anything resembling a god, should such things happen to exist, thinks about anything, is known only to it or their selves.

human people have used their beliefs and those of each other as excuses for just about everything, the same as with any ideology as well.
    the bottom line of all of this, is beliefs and ideologies being used as excuses to not base policies on the conditions they create, and to get people to go along with doing so.

god or gods get blamed for religious beliefs, that are human inventions, which may very likely have little or nothing to do, with whatever god or gods, if any, may happen to exist.

beliefs, yes they are used as excuse, but god or gods, i just see no real evidence of a connection between any god and any belief, other then the unsubstantiated claims of that belief.

(and writing a book, does not substantiate a claim, no matter how many thousands of years in the past it may have been written either)

16. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:6395]

17. deleted

deleted Visitor

oh my gods chemtrails....

1 person likes this.
  18. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:39741]

19. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I don't know what scriptures you're reading, brother, but it seems to me the Bible, particularly the Old Testament, is violent as all get out, and a lot of it seems to be condoned, commanded and/or practiced by Yahweh. My church Bible study group just got through with the Old Testament , and a lot of the participants expressed relief from all the horrific blood and guts. I agree with you that God hates violence, but you need to read the Bible with an historical-metaphorical perspective and emphasize the New Testament to come to that conclusion. I reconcile the two books in terms of Jesus' New Covenant of love given at the Last Supper: John 13:33-3.. Jesus, following Rabbi Hillel, summed up the Old Testament Law as love for God, self, and one another. If we recognize in each of us the image and likeness of God, we will inevitably choose a path of non-violence.

20. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Yes they were written by men of course. God used these men to express his thoughts. They were borne along by Holy Spirit. Just as a business man would use a secretary to write down his words.

2 Peter 1:21 says :For prophecy was at no time brought by man’s will, but men spoke from God as they were moved by holy spirit.