Boyfriends Just Started Speed. Need Help!

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by babybell, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

that's like saying pure mdma and ecstasy adulterated with who-the-fuck-knows are exactly the same.

2. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

No, no it's not at all.

What you'd generally consider pure MDMA is the MDMA equivalent of "crystal meth" (ie. black market meth, instead of the methamphetamine from the pharmacy - don't forget that they've got it, it's schedule II).

Methamphetamine in ecstasy-type pills adulterated with who-the-fuck-knows is generally called "ecstasy".

It's not a haphazard thing you cook like soup, it's a specific chemical.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

You make good points. I will say though, I tried Crystal twice, one of those times was a low dose which was not very discernable from Adderall, however the higher dose (and redoses) of crystal was definitely turned up a few notches from Adderall. Even if we put the bathroom sink crank argument of Meliai's aside for a moment, I think with relatively pure drugs, Crystal is still likely to get more people hooked and hooked in less time.

The ROA may have something to do with this as well, Freebasing and injection are the common methods of using Crystal, the latter of which, to your point, is demonized by society, but it does also tend to elicit a stronger habituation than the slower developing oral dose experience, which adderall is often associated with.

One aspect of Crystal I found distinct from adderall was the paranoia. I found it quite difficult when coming down from the rush to not succumb to paranoid thinking. The only resolve I could think of was the acuity of which the Crystal peak temporarily afforded me. I mean, I guess with adderall I definitely thought "a redose would be good right now" but I didn't experience it as in dire of a sense to headspace as with Crystal.

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

The difference of low quality meth compared to adulterated Ecstasy in the example you give is that there are mis-steps in the preparation of the methamphetamine which leads to its bad quality, but it is essentially the same drug as the Pure stuff. With the adulterated Ecstasy, you could conceivably have 2 extremely pure drugs but the drug cocktail mix may elicit an undesirable experience. I don't think it's necessarily an equivalent analogy, although it all speaks to issues surrounding illicit drugs.

5. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Oh, I'm not arguing with it being easier to go farther faster, or anything like that.

I'd see the relationship to be something like that of hydrocodone and morphine. They're the same shit, but not quite. One is to be fucked with even less.

Forming habits has a lot to do with the rest of one's life - if you stand to lose less, you also gain more by getting high, since it's a matter of relative harm and benefit. To the coke analogy, lots of people do "foilies", without having any clue that they're freebasing cocaine - it's as crack as crack, but practiced in a different context by people with a different mindset and different perspective, and has considerably different effects on their life.

A serious crackhead might smoke the same amount of the same chemical as the foilie-smoking partygoing college kid or white collar professional, but they have nothing but crack, they traded everything for crack, and in the morning they still didn't sleep, eat, or shower, still look like death, and can only think of crack. The white collar professional pops some sort of pick-me-up with his coffee and goes and trades equities - he doesn't need to trade anything for crack, he's got both. There's nothing to obsess over, and as such, that consumptive cycle never starts.

I'm not saying that amphetamine or cocaine HCl or hydrocodone are safe or okay, just that people tend to be a bit superstitious about this, there's often a degree of magical thinking about certain drugs.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I've decided that I'm okay with looking like an ignorant dummy when speaking on the topic of meth.

I've never seen a full episode of breaking bad.

also, the only time I've ever seen it is when I worked at a restaurant years ago and two girls used to smoke it - and it was an ugly green color? So maybe its a regional thing but I'm still not convinced the meth people get around here is pure methamphetamine.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

8. Desera_xoxo

Desera_xoxo Members

A relationship works two ways, not one. If you cant live with his decision, and he wont change then you haft to make the choice to stay or leave.

9. littlelegs

littlelegs Members

Well thanks to everyone who actually helped
    I did confront him about it and he has since got rid of it, we've agreed as a couple that the stuff he is taking to help him workout is ok so long as he doesn't up any of it but he's agreed never to touch speed again

10. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

not going to happen...she is attracted to junkies by her own admission

op-the problem is you....get single and then get help

you bolded your post....you centered it.....you changed the font.....and you changed the size of the font....you seek attention....good luck