A Question Of Sexuality

Discussion in 'Genitalia' started by PineMan, Apr 25, 2015.

1. PineMan

PineMan Senior Member

A Man who has a sex change is, to all effects, physically, mentally & legally Female.

However, if he/she has sex with a Man, is that considered to be Straight Sex or not? Conversely, if he/she has sex with a Woman, is that classed as Gay / Lesbian Sex?

Personally, being Bi I'm happy to have sex with men or women, but I would relish the opportunity to have sex with someone who's had a Sex Change, so as to experience the best of both worlds, but would it be the Gay or Straight part of me that would be enjoying it?

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

let's compromise and consider it bisexual sex.

3. mrblonde

mrblonde Members

I would only consider a person gay/bi if he/she feels real emotional attraction for the same/oposite sex member.

I could fuck, suck and be fuck no problem but i could never kiss a guy or love him affectionally. I just thing homo sex is very dirty and hot

4. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

So what's a straight dude who uses women with no attachment called, besides jerk?

From a couple trans folk, both older and philosophical (one MtF, one FtM):
    View one: yes, once you identify as female (in this case), your attraction is across a gender line, therefore hetero.
    View two: I disagree. I say that your previous sexuality holds even after SRS. I'm still a lesbian. She is still lesbian, with an exception for me.

The conversation started with: if as you transition, does your partner's sexuality change in public perception.
    Wine may have been involved.

In public perception, a person presenting female dating a person presenting male looks like a straight couple.

5. PineMan

PineMan Senior Member

I'm physically Bi (I enjoy sex with both men & women, but with a preference to Straight, and could not get involved emotionally with a man), and as such I wouldn't mind whether the person was male or female. However, it is one of my fantasies to have sex sometime with someone who's had a sex change (of either gender), but I'm not sure I'd know if I was having Straight or Gay sex at the time.

6. Ophion

Ophion Members

I think it is worth bearing in mind that labels such as straight, bi, or gay are best as descriptive, not persriptive term, and if, for a given person, they don't lead to straightforward communication they are no longer fit for purpose.

I think the situation is even more complicated for someone who only sometimes adopts the other gender from his or her biological sex. I overheard a tranny saying when he was a man he was straight, but when he was a woman he was a lesbian.

I have seen the terms androphilic (attracted to men) and gynephilic (attracted to women) proposed as alternatives. Even if you don't want to baffle people with latin you could still just say "I am attracted to women" or "I am attracted to men".

7. drumminmama

Which goes back to physically v emotionally.

Sad.

8. LisaCar

LisaCar Members

If she is pre-op transgender and has sex with a man she is a straight woman because she feels and thinks like a woman. So post-op transgender having sex with men is also straight.

9. PsychGirl05

PsychGirl05 Members

[SIZE=12pt]My initial thought to you question is whether or not it really matters how you classify it? Ultimately I feel that if your needs are being met, then that’s what counts. I also think that gender reassignment procedures do not change who we are at a genetic level. Yes, by all means we might be considered either male or female based on the procedure that was done, what what our genes determined our sex to be at the time of conception stays the same. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]I don’t want to sit here and preach biology, because I’m sure we’ve all been through this in health class, but our genetic makeup is determined at the time of fertilization. Levay and Baldwin discuss that as long as there is a Y chromosome present, the embryo will develop as a male and embryos with XX chromosomes will be female (Levay & Baldwin, 2012, p. 159). Of course there have been genetic abnormalities that arise such as XX (that should usually result in a female) resulting in a male and an XY (that should result in a male) resulting in a female. However those instances are rare and are probably a little more than you want to hear in this response. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]I’m not a doctor, but I personally think that even if a man undergoes gender reassignment surgery, and then goes on to have sex with another man, I think it would be considered gay sex. I guess the determination is based on where you derive your definition of gender. I’m basing mine from the genetic level. Does that make sense?? If our chromosomes say we’re male, then we’re male (and vise versa), regardless of how we identify ourselves and any procedures we undergo.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]Regardless of my view on this, I fully support everyone's right to be who they want to be and express themselves without fear or reservation. I support people exploring their sexuality and strongly believe that our identity, sexual preferences, and our practices are our own choice and don’t need labels. Labels makes things really “matter of fact” and I don’t think people should necessarily have to put themselves in a box of any sort. Be who you are and enjoy the choices you make (albeit with caution). Don’t let technicalities get in the way of your adventurous desires ;)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]References[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=12pt]Levay, S., & Baldwin, J. I. (2012). [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Human sexuality[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]. Sunderland, MA: Sinauer Associates, Inc.[/SIZE]

10. drumminmama

Psychgirl,
    We are using sex for biology and gender for self perception.

Using the idea that what's in your underwear is no ones business but yours, your doctor and your partner, a presenting man or woman is taken as male or female.
    Therefore, the partners define their sexual preference.
    When my daughter presents as female, and is out with her girlfriend, she's considered lesbian. When she presents as male, out with same gf, they are considered straight.

To me, the more compelling issue is the non trans partner and their own self perception as straight, bi or lesbian/gay..
    For women who have been politically active and have some core identity as a lesbian, a partner transitioning to male can change how they and others perceive them.