Life Is So Bullshit, Isn't It?

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by atsizat9050, Apr 19, 2015.

1. atsizat9050

atsizat9050 Members

It is so empty. Do you agree life is so empty?

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I agree that modern life in the context of being a "normal" member of society is empty.

Life is meaningless, so it's up to each individual to find their own meaning. The problem is few people are individuals anymore. Or perhaps it's easier for these people to exist within the confines of the system while believing they're happy as one of the masses.

But yes, this world is very fucking sad, and in an age of Facebook and iPhones, people are more dehumanized and out of touch with their humanity than ever before.

1 person likes this.
  3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I've got too much to do for life to be "empty".... and I'm not into any of this "modern society" crap.

I'm talking REAL stuff to do.

1 person likes this.
  4. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWRvFe4nVr0

5. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

Exactly.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'm not sure that is really a problem for them (maybe for you?) or if it is really true that a lot of people aren't individuals anymore. At least they generally don't seem to regard life as empty or meaningless. Even when others may perceive their lifes (or life in general) as such.

This makes sense. If life is meaningless or empty maybe do something about it :)

7. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  8. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

I completely agree. I see that every single day. I was talking with a friend a while back and she is totally one of those people. I explained one point to her and she was like "Wow!! Mind....blown!" I asked if she wanted me to continue and told her that she should be careful of what she asks for....once you know, you probably won't see things the same way again. So I went on and tied some things together...nothing too complicated but she was definitely in awe. At a certain point, she wanted me to stop. She said she wanted to digest what I told her and decide if she was better off putting her head back in the sand. Fair enough.

But if someone doesn't want to dissect the system and just wants a more fulfilling life....

1. Turn off the tv. Just stop watching it. Best thing I ever did. If I watch anything at all, it's usually PBS.
    2. Go outside. Figure out something to do. Even if you just start going for walks. Listen to animals. Pay attention to the little things.
    3. Eat as well as possible. Eat better=feel better.
    4. If you feel like your life has no meaning, try doing things that will improve the lives of others. Bam! Your life instantly has meaning and you may be surprised how satisfying helping others can be.

3 people like this.
  9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

^
    Your post reminded me of this. Someone posted this in 2012 :D

4 people like this.
  10. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I used to feel like life was empty, but now I feel like that attitude is trite. It's easy to waste a lot of time considering the emptiness of society and see yourself as the victim of modern life, too unique to ever fit it, too smart and aware to ever be happy. Yes, it's a very appealing and almost darkly romantic vision.

Now, I just do what I want to do, live how I like, and don't make much noise about it. One needn't bother with trying to define oneself as a leader, or a follower, or anything else. Abandon the silly narrative of your place (or lack of place) in society and just focus on living.

6 people like this.
  11. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I am currently reading an Eastern Philosophy book and there is the notion that life is empty mentioned there, which resonates with me. That being said, I think it's meant in a different context than you are using it and I don't think life is bullshit.

12. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Yeah, that's every European art film ever shown in a film festival. If you can say what you just wrote in a French accent, you automatically win an obscure award.

2 people like this.
  13. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No. Life is not empty...some people are, is all.
    Life is what you make of it.
    Is life making you empty? Don't let it....but maybe you are throwing stones at fat people all of the time.....
    I am certainly not empty or bull shit.

1 person likes this.
  14. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

How life can be viewed as empty, without being bullshit:

1 person likes this.
  15. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

no man .. life isnt empty. some of it is definitely bullshit though :p

i think what you want is power, no?

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I personally think consciousness is pretty amazing. Its easy to miss everything there is in this world to experience with your senses if you aren't paying attention or if you allow the stress of the modern world get to you. Sometimes you just have to stop and pay close attention to what you can smell, see, hear, touch, taste, and feel in that very moment.

5 people like this.
  17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yo life is so empty, even yo fat momma can't fill it up.

1 person likes this.
  18. atsizat9050

atsizat9050 Members

Is your life not too ordinary?

19. atsizat9050

atsizat9050 Members

Power? What do you mean?

20. atsizat9050

atsizat9050 Members

What do you make out of life?