Using Acid To Treat Heroin Addiction?

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by badlucklux, Apr 10, 2015.

1. badlucklux

badlucklux Members

Hey guys. Im rather new to the world of psychedelics and let me tell you its beautiful and it's changed my life for the better. However, that's not why I'm here. I have a wonderful girlfriend with a heroin addiction on methadone. Methadone is very expensive and the last two weeks we barely scraped by getting her meds. I've read and some friends of mine had told me that Lucy is a good possible treatment of addiction. Acid is far cheaper than methadone and methadone is not much better than heroin itself. Im just here to look for insight on using acid to treat heroin addiction. Has anyone any insight regarding my situation? We've got a week before her next payment and I really don't think we'll be able to cover the $75 cost this week let alone the coming weeks. We need to get her off opiates altogether. Im well aware of the importance of set and setting and no when someone is dealing with withdrawal acid can potentially exacerbate bad set. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Trying to fix an opioid addiction within the alotted timeframe of a week may be difficult. Acid can certainly reveal a lot to oneself and reveal thought patterns which may be useful in helping her understand her triggers or what prompts her desire to use. Ibogaine which is another psychedelic has been useful in treating heroin addiction, however Ibogaine also works on brain receptors which are generally thought to be related with opioid withdrawal.

I think it's worth a try if it's not rushed and she's under proper supervision. I'd probably recommend 2 hits and take the session fairly seriously if you want her to try and kick it. Like don't be concerned if she's having trippy visuals and stuff but make her comfortable at the same time.

1 person likes this.
  3. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

To clarify, acid would not be an ongoing thing, but a one-time dose or a short series of doses. It's something that should probably be mentored by someone with some experience, and hopefully a background in psychology - then again, if it's someone with experience but misconceptions or the background but the wrong viewpoint or opinions or (common, even and especially among professionals) mis-understandings, it could be an absolute disaster

I would advise against using it while she is either using, or in withdrawals - or on methedone, I should think - this obviously presents a pretty serious problem with a current addict. Being high will basically make the whole thing meaningless and wasted, if not counterproductive, and being in withdrawls on acid will make for an even more hellish withdrawal, but maybe in such a way that little or no progress can be made - or again, it could even be counterproductive.

I'm not suggesting that psychedelics can't help, they've very powerful medicines, but must be channeled properly, and it's the sort of thing that can be hard to learn how to use, if you don't already know how to use it.... there may not be a right way to break into understanding it, though there are lots of wrong ways.

I know that this country is currently pretty tough on people in this type of situation who are not rich, but time or money limits, jobs, and the like, may not play well with psychedelic treatments, especially using acid.

My suggestion is that you investigate ibogaine, as GB mentioned (and, I think everything he said is spot-on). Ibogaine should not be used while the addict is on any opioid, but can and should be used during withdrawal. As such, finding an acceptable time to use it on an addict will be easier, because you don't have to effectively quit, you just have to fully come down. If it works properly, it ends physical withdrawal in the short term and guides the user through an experience that will entirely end psychological addiction.

One very important thing to note is that she must be very dedicated - it's possible that a psychedelic experience could make an addict who is not ready to quit see things differently, but it would probably just be a waste of psychedelics, and maybe even reinforce their addiction, in my opinion. She must be quitting because she wants to, not because you want her to.

4. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

I've read of Ibogaine treatments in South America (I think?) being used to treat severe addictions. They've had substantial results with it, reading in the Riverfront Times here in St Louis. Might be a worth a look? But seeing as you're on a timeframe with bills and whatnot, idk...