Why Does God Allow Suffering?

Discussion in 'Sanctuary' started by thefutureawaits, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Why do humans cause others to suffer? What you will allow and what God will allow are not any different, for the Spirit of the Lord flows through you. But if there is no one true on Earth, then there is nothing worth fighting for.

juggawatta likes this.
  2. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

God allows the suffering to go on but to prove a point, that man needs God to have a stable, fulfilling and happy life

3. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Your either with God or your not

4. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Are you a Christian?

5. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

I've decided to establish this sanctuary for Christians only, so that they can have a non-confrontative place to discuss their religion.

I offered this before, but I guess the evangelists didn't like the idea because it kept them from their marks.

But now I feel it's need to provide balance and a place where they don't need to feel persecuted...

You can post up bible quotes here to your hearts content. But still no prostelitizing, please.

6. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Skips words

7. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

And I don't need to quote Bible or Prost allies

8. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

My knowledge of the Bible is strong

9. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Can He make a mountain that He Himself cannot move?

10. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

nice to see you back, but yet again your new spate of posts are judgmental and divisive by nature and I have no desire to revisit these topics again as they are more divisive than inclusive.
    Enjoy your life Lorna.

11. Kerri

Kerri Members

*you’re (I’m not)

12. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

There is no such thing as God.

13. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

God is a construction of the minds of men (and women) who fear the unknown and seek answers to the questions they have... so they created God in our own image so that we can believe we are Godly ourselves.

Most people who find God usually end up telling others how superior they are to others because they have a 'personal relationship' with the creator.

What a bunch of drivel.

But that is my own personal opinion, not based on any facts, so don't pay too much attention to my ramblings :)

14. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

No one is superior to another

15. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Superiority is definitely not the place where I want to be I did not think I'm better than anybody. I don't want to be better than anybody. Just want to help people live my life modestly obey God's Commandments so they're not burdensome and that's all oh yeah and preach the good news of the Kingdom.

16. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

A hypothetical deer is born with a birth defect, it is lame and can't run. A coyote chases it down and naws out it's guts while it is alive. How does this fit into God's "plan"?

17. I figure that because if there were no suffering nothing would ever happen. If everything was fine and dandy, why do anything at all?

18. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Just because he's invisible doesn't mean he's not there just like a radio wave, just like gravity

This life is a great life and the human being is a extraordinary creation which can only be done buy an extraordinary creator and that creator is Jehovah God

19. juggawatta

juggawatta Love

God, the serpent, the garden, the tree, the man made of earth, the woman made of man, the cherub with the flaming sword...

The serpent could not appear to the man and the woman unless,

1. God made the serpent
    2. God willed for the setup to occur

It's not possible that God did not plot, plan, design and orchestrate the entire scene.

God often appears as a disembodied voice while satan has a physical presence. This leads to two troubling concepts,

1. spirituality is schizophrenia
    2. satan is God and God happens to be split-minded; yin and yang, Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hyde

"Now they are like us, knowing good and evil."

God says,

Isaiah 45:7 King James Version (KJV)
    7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

20. SpaceSissy

SpaceSissy Expert Knob Polisher

(Looks up and facepalms) He just does. He is God and The Boss does whatever He wants! Sit down!!