Do Psychedelics Evolve Your Soul Energetically And Emotionally?

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by AstralProjectee, Apr 7, 2015.

1. AstralProjectee

AstralProjectee Guest

I think this is the big question for all who use psychedelics to understand the spiritual. Now I think it's already a given that psychedelics would evolve our beliefs, but what about the energetic emotional part of our souls? What are your thoughts on this?

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Psychedelics can help one explore emotional realms, so yes I do think that there can be evolution in emotional frameworks from psychedelics. I think the subclass of "empathogens" are particularly efficient at allowing one to explore emotions, however most psychedelics elicit a fairly enhanced emotional headspace, which can lead to growth.

3. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

No-- mostly because I don't believe in souls. But if I did, I definitely don't think that something that is supposed to be eternal could ever be modified by a drug-- that sounds like some sort of fucked up Christian guilt trip more than anything and probably isn't a good way to look at the experience if you want a good trip.

Psychedelic drug use to me is more revelation than mutation. You're not really gaining or changing anything, you're just taking a peek at something that's ordinarily locked away behind the scenes. It's always there and it's always happening, and seeing it doesn't change that. In that moment, it probably changes how you feel about what happens on stage.

When that peek is over, you can't unsee what you saw... but you can certainly write it off, forget about it, remember incorrectly or otherwise make it into something that it wasn't. Sometimes you can't even be sure of what you're seeing when you're seeing it.

Whether or not the revelation(s) help you grow in terms of your perspectives and beliefs is up to you-- taking a drug isn't going to help you to understand, control or derive any real meaning from what you're witnessing. There are no guarantees.

4. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Trouble with this sort of question is that I have no idea what you mean by 'soul'.

Is the soul something that evolves? What is it? Where is it?

5. tjr1964

tjr1964 Members

The way it was explained to me at a Native American Church function, the " Medicine " is like a hand that moves different realities like a thin vail ( Dimensions) , some of those vails are from your inner self or from without .

That state of mind is sacred place to be and not to be taken for granted .

I went through over 4 rounds in a Sweat Lodge after 4 days of fasting that gave me the same experience of taking any of Nature's aids in Psychodelics.