Nuclear War?

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Fairlight, Apr 7, 2015.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

if people are in a big hurry to get everyone killed, nuclear war is potentially an option.

ignorance and indifference toward the natural environment is a far more real and eminent threat.
    one we are already seeing.

as for christerism, if anything, its is both a deception and a motivation, for how we are actually destroying ourselves, ourselves.

2. Harpo

Harpo Member

I think now is a good time to revive this topic. Just because....

3. JPN2

JPN2 Supporters HipForums Supporter

Yes. Evolution is a lie.

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

yes, everything we think we remember magically came into existences 5 seconds ago. everything is an illusion and a lie.
    er ah except um, what would a mindless, inert chunk of mineral, have to gain by deceiving anyone?

contrasted to say, a human who never looks beyond their own skin?

nothing, other then itself, in this universe, depends upon the existence of the human species on planet earth.
    the conditions that made its existence possible are a very large number of roles of the dice.

sorry we don't have a planet b, so maybe we might want to keep this one able to live on.

as for gods or a god, sure, that would be no more unlikely then our own existence already is,
    but for anything we make up to think we know about them, to have anything to do with them,
    isn't it kind of obvious, how much even more unlikely that would be?

and it is humans who have made up the details of every belief,
    even if, another big maybe, every thousand years or so,
    one of them is chosen by a god to be channeled by.

publishers publish books because they believe they can sell them,
    has nothing to with the likelihood of the accuracy of their contents.

yes people can sometimes be dumb enough to be too busy hating
    to think about what kind of world they create by doing so,
    so busy hating logic, to not notice or care about destroying the only world they have,
    and then imagine a universe that doesn't even know nor have any reason to care,
    that our species even exists, is somehow personally picking on them,
    when it happens to accidentally bite them on the ass.

so yes, wars are possible.
    people might even decide they want them,
    to break the slow painful monotony,
    of dying from famine and disease,
    resulting from thermal runaway,
    of the only planet we've got,
    motivated by ego and greed,
    and fueled by oil and coal.

or we could of course, wake up and take our heads
    out of that dark stinky place,
    and give ourselves back a future.

5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Mutually assured destruction only works when the other guy understands that. Between some dictators in power and the biblical belief that the earth is meant to end it's only a matter of time. I wonder if these people ever think the Armageddon story is a lie meant to make them do stupid things because it is.

You demand all the prof yet can provide none of your own. God says it happens so it did. What is real to you is by definition unproveable and "faith" yet you dare to speak on behalf of science.

I have a feeling you don't understand what "theory" means in the context of science and think it means unproven and open to debate. That's why "evolution is just a theory" right? It's pointless to use logic on you I see you have made your choice.

6. Scratched

Scratched Members

We'd better all get our Monkey asses busy stopping nuclear conflict then.

And Global Warming...did we ever solve Greenpeace?

7. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

My take is this: there are beings of an advanced civilization that will protect the Earth and its inhabitants from nuclear proliferation. They are already here and have been doing there job for decades.

I also believe it is a strong possibility that human civilization on Earth thousands of years ago was far technologically superior in many respects to us today, and that that civilization was devestated by nuclear conflict or similar technological catastrophe.

8. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

So angels and the flood?

9. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

oh and good to see you back, machinist.

10. machinist

I dont know what you mean. I'm not even remotely a bible literalist if thats what you mean?

11. machinist

I was talking more like aliens or extra terrestrials, although those terms deserve an asterisk because they are more complicated than that and likely even beyond our comprehension

12. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

neither am I, but that idea isn't really new or novel and if looked at in the broader sense, Angels and the flood.
    if can't see the correlation between what you said and the Biblical stories, then..........

13. machinist

I didnt know it wasn't a new or novel idea. Its just a theory i've developed as a result of some things i have learned. Im thinking more extraterrestrial, but I also believe there may be a fuzzy line between angel and alien, and that the conventional understanding of what an angel is is must be incorrect

1 person likes this.
  14. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

What makes you think this is likely? It sounds nice but i don't see much indication... I want to believe though :-D

I acknowledge the possibility but I don't find it strong. Shouldn't we have encountered more remnants of this by now? Unless it was on Antarctica back in the day when it had beaches

15. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

I think as our radiation background increases and secondary to nuclear war/s (which I believe have a significant chance of happening) some people will develop a third strand to their DNA to massively improve their chances of rebuilding body structures that the double helix would be incapable of ding at sites where both genes were ripped off - much harder to simultaneously rip off THREE identical genes.

Am I right? Time for the scientists to comment

16. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

nuclear war is a real option even if they aren't "in a big hurry" - what people are we talking about - the people with the means to wage nuclear war change all the time

17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there's nothing that can't happen, i'm not saying that, but there are sure things that are more likely and already are happening.
    or at least just the beginnings of them anyway.

maybe we'll get all of them,
    but its really collective ego, even brain dead narcissism,
    to imagine the human species,
    is the whole entire reason and purpose for the rest of the universe
    to exist.

environment is where the air you breathe comes from.
    how long can faith help you hold your breath?

if there's anything to make a god angry,
    its people hating each other and hating logic.

you can lawyer every religious book ever written,
    and you know what, the way the universe is, just goes right on being the way it does.

which doesn't stop us from screwing ourselves by screwing up the only environment we have,
    that is capable of sustain our life, individually or as a species.

so the idea of making excuses for wars, because there might be wars,
    that's has to be one of the least intelligent of all the ignorant things humans have found to come up with.