Tripping Alone

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Sleeping Caterpillar, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

I'm considering dropping some L today alone in my apartment, and thought it'd be fun to hear other people's solo experiences on psychedelics.

Personally, I've done psychedelics with others and alone several times, and I don't like to use the term "better", but it's definitely a much different experience to that of being around your friends, or out at a concert.

So what do you think?

2. CannbisSouL

CannbisSouL Smoke 'till you toke. Lifetime Supporter

I love tripping alone. It allows me to let got of more of my inhibitions and really explore where the drug takes me.

When I trip with people there's always an aspect of supporting the group vibe and having to deal with what the people around you are feeling.
    Which can be a good or a bad thing, depending on how the people around you are feeling.

Overall, I feel like I get more out of the experience alone. Also, nudity is quite nice while tripping, and it isn't always an option in groups.

1 person likes this.
  3. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

Thanks for your response cannabis, I agree, that level of support is something that doesn't really exist when you're by yourself.

I just dropped ~2 hits from a vial on candy @ 11:25 am. I'm a both excited and nervous, I haven't tripped in like a year or two (i have such a bad perception of time)

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Depends what I'm tripping on with LSD I usually prefer solo trips, Mushrooms I like to be with a few people.

Enjoy your trip!

1 person likes this.
  5. CannbisSouL

CannbisSouL Smoke 'till you toke. Lifetime Supporter

Awesome, enjoy :)

It has been quite a while since I've tripped solo as well. I feel the urge coming on though.
    Sometimes you just need the internal cleansing that only an intense solo trip can provide.

1 person likes this.
  6. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

My first trip was alone and it ended up being wonderful and to this day still don't mind being alone. I have the time to really go inside my own head where as with a group that happens too but it ends up being much more social. I took a risk though not really knowing what to expect and ended up being a person who when high could still understand that I feel this way because I took a drug. It could have easily gotten rough for me I suppose.

But for a veteran I see no problem.