Flip Flops - Do You Wear Them?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by jwest09, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

I do. Not the flimsy, cheap kind though. Those hurt my feet. I wear Chacos. They are a high quality flip flop made from solid, durible rubber that keeps its shape and offers solid support. I've had my flip flops for going on 7 years now. Chacos are built to last. And they don't flip up against my feet when I walk.

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

sandals

they have to be open back and front though...i cant stand them if they have back straps or that anoying thing between the toe

and they have to be decent leather type...no plastic and foam shit

1 person likes this.
  3. charlie35

charlie35 Member

I hate them too but must confess to wearing them sometimes, mainly at work and other places where I'm not in the mood to face any hassle. Barefoot is best though.

4. MidlandsBarefooter

MidlandsBarefooter Members

Yes, I prefer to be barefoot but I'm not all the time. I only really wear flip flops in the summer but when I do I usually end up taking them off and just put them on when I go into shops and other places.

5. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

What a true barefooter? What commission grants the true barefoot license? Does it require photos? Of feet?
    Does it apply across borders?

For slip on gotta be shod moments, I love Chaco sandals.

6. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

lol ...

7. Ash032

Ash032 Members

I prefer being barefoot and can manage it most of the time. If I can't be barefoot I use thin leather flip flops or rope sandals or (rarely) vibram's fivefingers. I'd love a pair of moccasins with soft soles and no padding but I haven't found any since I killed my last pair. I would rather be barefoot but I'm not on enough of a crusade to fight with people about it if the fuss in stores or whatever. I go with as minimal as possible though because things with thick soles or any heel lift seem to result in twisted ankles for me. I use them so rarely that they make me pretty miserable.

1 person likes this.
  8. WarriorTiger

WarriorTiger Members

I prefer being barefoot, but I will wear flip-flops if the occasion arises. I would like to have some moccasins or those barefoot shoes eventually.

1 person likes this.
  9. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

I have no shoes at the moment. Perhaps I will get some flip flops in case pavement gets too hot in summer. I liked to wear espadrilles in the past. They are quite minimal, cheap and lightweight. Only downside is if it rains the sole gets soaked very quick. Not really a problem in summer (you can just walk barefoot if the street is wet) but quite annoying in winter.

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't know what those are, but i just got a craving for choco tacos.

11. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

LOL

12. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

On my visit to France last year I saw Chaco sandals everywhere, although I don't see them much in the UK I assume they are very popular elsewhere.

Sx

13. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

In Germany they are also quite popular. But I like cheap 1€ ones better. Minimal shoes. No shoes are even better. ;)

1 person likes this.
  14. Pengu

Pengu Members

I wear flip flops.
    I like to wear the ones with a little bit of heal. The flat ones aren't very comfy for me

I don't mind them but, I do agree with you about them flipping up. It's a little annoying but, I like wearing them because, it's air and allows me to be cool on the summer.

15. cuddlefart

cuddlefart Member

I prefer sandals to flip flops. Flip flops are pretty comfy but I find them awkward to walk in.

16. Hairless1

Hairless1 Member

I hate flip flops!
    I don't like the thing between my toes. I will usually end up with a blister & open sore if I wear them for too long.
    Another thing that I can't stand about them is just where the name for them comes from..... flip, flop, flip, flop! I don't like any footwear that makes noise when I walk & these are the worst. Maybe it's the hunter in me, but I just like to walk silently. You can't find a way to walk more silently than BAREFOOT either!
    Look at that.... another reason to go barefoot. :scholar:

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

not necessarily true. it was recently pointed out to me that i come down really hard on my heels when i'm barefoot and you can hear me coming from a distance. for some reason, i don't do it in shoes.

sure, i could walk most silently barefoot, but only if i'm doing so consciously. as soon as i stop thinking about it, i start slamming my heels again.

18. Hairless1

Hairless1 Member

That's kind of funny. For me it's the opposite.
    I don't normally think about it, but when I do I realize that barefoot, I'm walking toe-heel instead of heel-toe like when wearing footwear. It just happens naturally for me!
    When the front of your foot contacts the floor or ground first, you don't make hardly any noise, if any at all.

19. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

only on the beach to walk in the sand.....

I protect my feet in the normal world, and do not wish to look at other people's feet out there, either.... :D

20. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i go heel-toe either way. my theory is that in shoes, there's that split second between the time the sole first touches the ground and the time that i actually put my weight down, so i have enough time to subconsciously slow my foot-fall. whereas barefoot, i'm pretty much just slapping the floor with my heel bone. i walk really quietly barefoot on carpet too, probably for the same reason; there's that extremely brief amount of time between contacting the carpet and fully putting my weight down.

of course, this is purely a guess. it doesn't even seem like that good of a guess, but i can't come up with anything better either.