Flip Flops - Do You Wear Them?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by jwest09, Mar 29, 2015.

1. jwest09

jwest09 Members

Just curious... flip flops are often suggested to me as an almost-as-good alternative to just going barefoot. The idea looks good on paper, but here's the thing: I absolutely HATE wearing flip flops. I'd rather just put on socks and shoes rather than flip flops. I hate the feeling of instability, and hate the feeling of plastic "flipping" against the bottoms of my feet, I always feel like I'm going to trip and fall.

A bunch of my friends (who I wouldn't consider to be real "barefooters") wear flip flops all the time in the summer, I just can't figure out how anyone can possibly be comfortable in them. And honestly, if you're OK just wearing flip flops, wouldn't you just be even more comfortable in bare feet?

1 person likes this.
  2. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

I always prefer to be barefoot. I'm not a barefooter though. I'm not that serious about it. I just hate shoes. But yes, i wear flip flops in the summer.

3. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

I use flipflops on my job during the warm months. But i'm not talking about those cheap plastic beach things, but of stylish leather ones. My company doesn't like me running around barefoot in meetings, at the staff canteen or at the bosses' offices, so flipflops are a good alternative for me. I can remove them in one second when i'm at my desk, and my coworkers don't mind to have me barefoot in our own office.

Going "safe" in flipflops is a matter of training i guess. Millions of Asians / Africans do, even on construction sites etc.

4. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

I dislike flip-flops. I don't like the feeling, if I had to wear shoes and didn't want to cover my feet I'd opt for a sandal, probably something like Birkenstocks.

Sx

5. maxxtedda

maxxtedda Guest

That's all I wear when I'm home

6. Matje

Matje Member

I hate wearing flapflups too. If I'm not barefoot I wear my Chuck Taylors.

I'v tried three different brands of huaraches and I like neither one of them.

7. gmdm22003

gmdm22003 Member

Hate, hate, HATE them! When I was younger my parents would try to insist that I wear them in certain places if I tried to sneak around barefoot. I'd rather just put shoes on.

8. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

I don't have flip flops right now (and no other shoes), but I think about getting some for occasions I can't be barefoot. But I like the 100% barefoot feeling (and not having any shoes) better, to be honest.

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Great earwarmers.

10. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

........[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

11. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

?

12. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

I can't do flip flops. I'll wear sandals with a strap or hemp wraparound / jesus sandals tho lol. Y'know the braided hippie sandals.

13. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

I like flip flops cause they are the most minimal shoes you can get (as far as I know). And they are dirt cheap ...

14. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

but they flip... and they flop...

15. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

There are sandals of the same shape that break in nicely and don't feel so unstable and flappy - I'm thinking kino's, probably lots others.

But I agree, fuck flip-flops, they're uncomfortable and you have to walk specially, and it feels like wearing plastic garbage around on your feet....

16. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

Yeah, barefoot is better. So I won't buy any, just decided.

17. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

exclusively with tube socks on

1 person likes this.
  18. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

I prefer to be barefoot but yes I do wear them. I have some cheap rubber ones and some nice leather ones.

19. bare feet and crutches

bare feet and crutches Members

95% of the time my feet are bare. For the other 5% of the time I will have a flip flop on my right foot. Due to nerve damage to the top of my left foot, that is always bare or in a brace or cast. Generally I'm rocking bare feet and bare chest, getting around with a bit of help from crutches