What Should I Make For Dinner Tonight?

Discussion in 'Munchie Recipes' started by Ashalicious, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

Come Friday, my brain is always mush when it comes to trying to decide what to make for dinner. I need ideas!!!

We have been eating a lot of meat and veggies lately, to pair with our fitness focused lifestyle. So I can't prepare anything too carb heavy at all (oh, how i'd love some mac and cheese).

What should I make for dinner?!?!?!?! What are YOU making for dinner tonight?

2. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

i have no idea what you should make for dinner, but lately i have been thinking about stuffed peppers...i have not have those in forever....big red bell peppers....slice top across like a hat that comes off....fill pepper with chopped turkey meat or chop meat mixed with rice and tomatoe sauce...which has already been pre made....put hat back on top of pepper and bake....

I cannot stop thinking about them....Just had stuffed cabbage which I had not had in a long time, and now I want the stuffed peppers....

Well, might make this dream a reality soon, if i go get ingredients and do the work.

Tell us what you made....or want to make.

ps...and mashed potatoes on the side with the peppers...That way you can mix tomatoe meat sauce on them, too....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... :D

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

This is a recipe I learned years ago when I worked in a restaurant on the Oregon coast= Get some filets of sole. Take cream cheese and black olives and mash them together until thoroughly mixed. Roll the filets into enchilada shapes, fill with the cream cheese-olive mixture. Cook for ten minutes or so( until done) and then pour hollandaise sauce over the filets and then spread a handful of those tiny shrimp on top and EAT!

( worked in a fancy ocean front resort when roofing was slow to nil and this was the chefs special)

1 person likes this.
  4. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

Oh my goodness this sounds AMAZING!!!

Stuffed peppers also sound good. I haven't made stuffed peppers in months and months.

1 person likes this.
  5. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oh. I love stuffed peppers. Granma used to make them. Not eating meat these days, soooooo---maybe some substitute?

6. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, I had about 2 bites of the top of a pepper last night, and put the rest away...I was ill and everything was hurting me...i think i am more looking forward to one of the peppers tonight...or at least some of it. Stan does not eat peppers, so i put some of the mixture of mashed potatoes and stuffing stuff in a separate container for him.
    I like the red peppers better than the green...more vitamin c in the red, anyway.

1 person likes this.
  7. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Mac anc cheese for dinner buddy!!