Photo
- - - - -

What Do Brits Think Of The British Empire?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake

Hip Forums Supporter

•  Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,013 posts

Posted September 08 2017 - 02:28 PM

The British Empire no longer exists!

Sinn Fein might disagree.

'Delicacy and dignity are taught by the heart and not by the dancing master' - Dostoevsky.

#22 ozjohn39

ozjohn39

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted September 09 2017 - 11:10 AM

No more or less a terrorist organisation, within the UK,  the any other  around the world.

Nelson Mandela and Yassah Arafat come to mind.

Edited by ozjohn39, September 09 2017 - 11:11 AM.

#23 Mallyboppa

Mallyboppa

Nails Mc Fugger

• PipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • LocationRuncorn GB

Posted September 09 2017 - 11:27 AM

The British empire was the largest the world has known and covered nearly a Quarter of the earths land mass at its height 

Never happen again will it ?

Not proud of it 

not ashamed of it !                                                                                                                                           its what happened I learned it at School in History lessons  

Edited by Mallyboppa, September 09 2017 - 11:29 AM.

In your pomp and all your glory your a poorer man than me as you lick the boots of death born out of fear 

#24 Wolf Angel.

Wolf Angel.

• PipPipPip
  • 4,056 posts
  • LocationWyth in the Shaw = Manchester - England

Posted September 09 2017 - 04:48 PM

In my youth I was brought up on the history of great conquests and discoveries, of how Africa and India were helped both in educational and social advances, it was only as I grew up and learned for myself of a much darker side of how expansion was assured.

Each Nation has in its' past, atrocities not to be proud of - and whether the end result of development of the colonies abroad can be justified is debatable - for in the end it is within these actions that independence has been achieved.

> It's probably a good idea to get those living in (ex) colonies how they feel about it also - to balance the views here gathered   

My personal view is that any Empire is the same, starts with good intention - on a basis of civilisation and order, - but inevitably ends up as being authoritarian and produce chaos - and Revolution 

- Be it Roman, British and or a.n.other:-

"And in the End, the Love You Take, is Equal to the Love, You Make"

< Peace + Love . Protest + Protect . Save the Planet > 

Click to shop at In Harmony Herbs and Spice