What Is The Longest You've Stayed Awake?

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by Bud D, Feb 12, 2015.

1. atsizat9050

atsizat9050 Members

36 hours awake. It was very bad.

2. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

When I was working graveyard shift, I got about 6 hours of sleep over a period of three days. I almost went crazy, had super high anxiety. I ended up checking myself into the emergency room.

3. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

Even now, when I party, I don't like to stay up all night. I just can't handle it anymore, I'm too old or something, hahaha.

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

at my age now, i would probably keel over, but when i was younger, i had no problem working and playing all week and sleeping all weekend.

5. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

6. andallthatstocome

andallthatstocome not a squid

People generally begin hallucinating somewhere around day 2 or day 3. By halfway through day 5, anyone is in the throes of a fully immersive delirium.

My personal record is ~6.5 days. Don't abuse sedatives, kids

1 person likes this.
  7. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

3-1/2 to 4 days.

8. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

About 4 or 5 days. I was in highschool at the time and had a bit of a mental breakdown. It was the first time anxiety and depression ever hit me and the anxiety started to keep me up at nights until I just stopped sleeping. I ended up being hospitalized after skipping half a day of school to try to sleep more and then wandering in later during lunch hallucinating when sleep didnt work...

I also went about 3 days once when I was slightly older. Someone had given me a bag of speed in exchange for something else (lord knows what, don't do drugs kids). I then spent 3 solid days taking speed, partying and cleaning things until I ran out. Haven't done speed since.

9. Old_dad

Old_dad Members

72 hours one summer, my best friend and I would start partying and cruising on a Monday evening and we'd go to around 3:00a.m. then go to his parents house and put on a pot of coffee. His dad got up to go to work at 4:00, and he would think we were really doing good and got up early and being really ambitious and we'd go to work with him.
    They owned their own business and did trash pickup during the week at the forest service campgrounds, and we liked going through at that early hour because you could catch some pretty good sights for a 19 year old.
    We were done by 2:00 or so every afternoon so we would take a shower and start the process over again. We would do this for three straight days during the summer when they did that route then instead of working or going to bed on the fourth day (that was our day off, we only worked the three days a week) we would take his dad's pickup, throw in a couple of sleeping bags and head to a secluded camp spot on Shasta Lake, swim and play until dark then get into the bed of the truck and go to sleep, usually we'd sleep around twelve to fourteen hours, but a time or two when the area was slow we'd sleep 24 hours plus.
    That would really throw our days off because we lost the one full day, but our minds didn't realize that.

10. Bud D

Bud D Member

Ya stay away from speed. Worst drugs in my opinion.

2 people like this.
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Anyone who says more than 11 days should be dead already, so I'm reading.

Two weeks. Lol. Try again.

12. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

Someone could easily do over a week awake on stims, though there would certainly be pretty severe psychological issues at that point.

a couple days awake, seems to be a part of my daily life more than i'd like but this is what happens when you have a circadian rhythm longer than 24 hours and have to be on a 24 hour schedule (sometimes you just aren't allowed to sleep).

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My body may rest peacefully, but my mind never sleeps!

14. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Dang some of you are crazy. The longest I've been awake was 48 hours on a red eye flight flying westward into the sun. And another time up in Alaska during the summer.

15. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Almost 4 days.

16. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

usually when i stay awake for long periods of time i am too tired to look at a clock

17. LittleBee

LittleBee Members

3 days in a row... thanks coffee.
    I wss a student at that time

18. Captain Kiwi

Captain Kiwi Members

A few years ago, my work schedule had me working all different hours so readjust on my days off I would just stay up.. The most was 50 hours, but typically it was between 42 and 48 every week for almost a year.

19. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

You were a Navy SEAL?

If you were than you would know that they don't stay up for 120 hours straight.

The closest they come is during Hell Week, which is in Week Five of the 29 week BUD/S program. Or at least it was when I was flying jets for the Navy in the early 2000s.

But even then they get to rack out every night, even though it's only for a couple hours. Still, that's right to ten hours sleep in six days and it makes all the difference.

As far as your claim of 120 twice I have serious doubts. But this is the internet and everyone's tougher and cooler online, like the song says, right, amigo?

LOL

Cheers.

As far as my stay awake record, it's probably only about 72 hours. But when I was flying and my squadron was assigned to an aircraft carrier, during sorties ops I'd routinely go maybe five to six days with no more than two or three hours a night. Or a day, when we flew Night Ops. And, yes, we are provided artificial stimulants by our Flight doc if we so choose. LOL. And yes, I so chose.

Cheers.

20. ahsorandy

ahsorandy Members

72 hours... It was gruesome!